aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611632 times)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J17A - 8 Sep - I Stab At Thee!!! (reloaded)
« Reply #7230 on: September 28, 2019, 11:56:58 pm »
There's also guaranteed old earth books in mansions.

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: September 29, 2019, 04:48:42 am »
- use official OXCE version (renders about 50-120% faster than the unofficial one shipped with piratez, at least on my PC tested yesterday/today)

That sounds very impressive !
Is the official OXCE playing 100% nice with the current xpiratez or is there some incompatibility to expect considering xpiratez use apparently an unofficial OXCE ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: September 29, 2019, 10:57:46 am »
That sounds very impressive !
Is the official OXCE playing 100% nice with the current xpiratez or is there some incompatibility to expect considering xpiratez use apparently an unofficial OXCE ?

I don't know which base version was used to build the custom one, you'd have to ask Finnik.

But if you use the same base version (or newer), it should be fine.
If you want, try OXCE 5.6.2, which is the latest stable.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: October 13, 2019, 10:24:10 pm »
I remember when I played the X-Prison mission for the very first time a couple of years ago, I got to the top and explored nearly the entire place before I won via routing the enemy.  But that hasn't happened again since; in subsequent playthroughs, I wouldn't even get halfway through the place before winning because all the enemies have already panicked and given up.  I don't know if it's because I know the game better now or a change made the mission easier, but it seems like a waste to design this big complex unique map and not be able to see all of it most of the time.  I'm not quite sure how to fix this, or if this is actually intentional and there's really nothing to fix.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: October 14, 2019, 06:46:49 am »
I remember when I played the X-Prison mission for the very first time a couple of years ago, I got to the top and explored nearly the entire place before I won via routing the enemy.  But that hasn't happened again since; in subsequent playthroughs, I wouldn't even get halfway through the place before winning because all the enemies have already panicked and given up.  I don't know if it's because I know the game better now or a change made the mission easier, but it seems like a waste to design this big complex unique map and not be able to see all of it most of the time.  I'm not quite sure how to fix this, or if this is actually intentional and there's really nothing to fix.

There is one sure way to see the entire map: Stun most of the enemies, kill few for morale.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: October 14, 2019, 02:53:00 pm »
X-Prison got worse/easier in some regards.
Maxed-out morale (100) is no longer garanteed to offer panic-resistance since the morale drop per turn increases in larger chunks if your team doesn't score kills.
Chaining kills drops the enemy morale quickly and counts even more if you slay high-rank units.

Naked with only shivs in the backpack aren't many tools to work with and I prefer to get rid of the enemies instead of risking a surprise counter-attack of an enemy punching my gals in the back.
Since the enemy can do un-armed attacks like we do, this is a risk I dont' want to take.

You can coup de grâce your k.o.ed foes. Put the unit in one hand-slot, a shiv in the other hand and use the shiv's new move to instantly kill the foe.
This trick doesn't cause moral damage to the enemy (at least not in my last playthrough).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7236 on: October 14, 2019, 03:35:33 pm »
You can coup de grâce your k.o.ed foes. Put the unit in one hand-slot, a shiv in the other hand and use the shiv's new move to instantly kill the foe.

This option has been removed around the Pleistocene... ;)

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: October 15, 2019, 02:04:35 am »
There's been a lot of changes since I last played this last year.  Coup de graces are no longer a thing, and neither is moving facilities around (but to compensate, there are more facilities that can be built over).  Strix zombies and triscenes (boomosaurs) can finally be stunned without them dying instead even if they explode afterwards (luckily, their explosions don't destroy their bodies); I don't know yet if cyberdiscs and sectopods can be similarly stunned but I probably wouldn't bet on it.  The aquaman (gillman terror unit from TFTD formerly called deep one) also amuses me a little because like its TFTD counterpart, its corpse and live specimen are needed for a couple of important research topics.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: October 16, 2019, 09:22:14 pm »
In other news, *how* you defend your bases is pretty important. Accidentally destroying your access lift or the facility adjoining it to the rest of the base can have VERY negative consequences.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: October 17, 2019, 06:38:37 am »
The lift is indestructible. anything else.....well.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K1 - 17 Nov - Bandaid needed!
« Reply #7240 on: October 18, 2019, 03:43:30 am »
New version up. Warning: saves need minor editing to carry over

misterx

« Reply #7241 on: October 18, 2019, 10:31:39 am »
[...]
v.K1 17-Nov-2019

Thanks!!! But this time we travelled even in the future! Pheraphs might bau an intended and planned feature?  ;D ;D

Offline seaurchinhead

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: October 18, 2019, 02:44:31 pm »
While I'm glad for the new version, it's a bit of shame that now there's another system which forces the players to solve the battles faster. I guess I'm a bit too noob to get used to rushing my battles.... :(

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: October 18, 2019, 02:54:27 pm »
- All grenades explode in inventory when the timer runs out

Yeehaa! I've been waiting a long time for this.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: October 18, 2019, 04:27:56 pm »
RIP preprimed grenades for grenadiers.