Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611738 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6525 on: December 16, 2018, 01:50:01 pm »
Hey, how about some renaming:

Harquebus--->firespitter
laslock shotgun ---> laslock scatter

and introdicing a laslock musket? These hardware may be manufactured by the laslock company, a firm specialized in mixed vintage-high tech firearms, kind of blackmarsh competitor, along with eurosyndicate weapons.  8)

Edit: in general ancient and/or gunpowdered weapons should be made avaible  early in the game like  bombard for example. Shold be very unwieldy kinda a version of the mortar with limited damage and range, plus, slow to fire and reload, like the x-bow and balista. May it be unlicked right after having researched "flintlok and bombs"?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:01:49 am by niculinux »

Offline Nychrome

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: December 16, 2018, 08:02:43 pm »
The file layout seems to have changed since I last updated. Does anyone know how to get into the Piratez_lang equivalent?

Saw 'Hellerium' used to be named 'Nuclear Fuel' in the Bay12 let's play and that sounds wonderfully grungy!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6527 on: December 17, 2018, 09:38:59 am »
Oh boy that was ages ago. It is still described as nuclear fuel, but I changed that stand-in name for Hellerium years ago. The language file is now located in /Language folder.

Also Linux, the early game equivalent of mortar is obviously the Assault Cannon.
Your names are too close to existing weapons, Spitfire and Scatter Laser.

niculinux

« Reply #6528 on: December 17, 2018, 03:33:54 pm »
Well I would call it properly a "handcannon" but we already have too many similarly named weapons... I do realize harquebus is not a proper name.

oh, i tryed :)

Also Linux, the early game equivalent of mortar is obviously the Assault Cannon.
Your names are too close to existing weapons, Spitfire and Scatter Laser.

Someone may have some good suggesiton(s)?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6529 on: December 20, 2018, 06:58:46 pm »
(.."successors of today´ Fifth´Generation´ Fighters ( F-22, F-35, Su-37 Berkut) are already under development.. :
Su-37 in not a 5th gen fighter, it is a test platform for a set of design decisions. But yeah, Nightmare somehow resembles one. If now the frontward oriented wings are proved to be wrong choice for the crafts speeding beyond 2 Machs, in the future a plasisteel designed wings may have way better aerodynamic resilense

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: December 22, 2018, 11:01:29 pm »
I'm in VERY big need of Implosion bomb launcher. Okay, started pissing off the Guild and Academy - as a result, a retalation BOMBER appeared. "Big Bird Down" operation started, Avalanches fired, two M-wings lost, bomber down. Ground operation started, bug-eyed elites spread mayhem between marcs, shadows daggers tear apart their armor, we even shot down the hovertank after 30 or more BattleLaser hits! Half of main troop goes to the hospital, one to the graveyard and... no launcher? No implosion bombs? What was that for? Arrrrr. Nice game!

Now the real question. Should I try to take the bomber intact(if it ever lands)? wait for viper spacefighter to appear or just take down another one?

niculinux

« Reply #6531 on: December 22, 2018, 11:41:32 pm »
The very only problem i see  on xpiratez is the need of the wrench to advance in research; as of 0.99J9 i started a couple of new gsmes and in aug 2601 still did not find it. Currently it may be recovered only raiding G.O. medium ships; wish it may be part of loot at least in a couple of early missions? That's the only flaw i see in the mod.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6532 on: December 22, 2018, 11:54:54 pm »
wrenches (and other technician tools) just ARENT, are NOT on store, - and will NOT be! mueheheh

just shortage of delivery, /supply -chains ;p lôl

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: December 23, 2018, 05:09:30 am »
The very only problem i see  on xpiratez is the need of the wrench to advance in research; as of 0.99J9 i started a couple of new gsmes and in aug 2601 still did not find it. Currently it may be recovered only raiding G.O. medium ships; wish it may be part of loot at least in a couple of early missions? That's the only flaw i see in the mod.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: December 23, 2018, 05:37:51 am »
Should I try to take the bomber intact(if it ever lands)? wait for viper spacefighter to appear or just take down another one?

It's very rare (or maybe not even a possibility) for a bomber to land, so trying to get a bomb launcher part from one is all RNG as the odds of the engine room containing the launcher drop remaining intact aren't very good.  If you're not up for another bomber fight (which might still not give the launcher anyway unless you wanna savescum for it), I suppose waiting for the viper fighters while you do other things could be an option; at least with viper fighters, their bomb launchers are guaranteed as their drops are not located in the engine room.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: December 23, 2018, 09:56:55 am »
Viper fighters come very late in the game. It’s better to try your luck with bombers untill then.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: December 23, 2018, 10:29:05 am »
I've never had any problems with the wrench topic.  That might be because I tend to go capture heavy and there's a lot of common enemies that give wrench when interrogated.  And yeah the implosion bomb launcher can be a pain sometimes.  The bombers aren't guaranteed to be carrying an implosion bomb launcher and on top of that it's fairly easy to destroy the weapon when you shoot it down if they do have one.  That's one of those situations when I don't feel guilty about save scumming after like the 3rd bomber shoot down.

niculinux

« Reply #6537 on: December 23, 2018, 10:38:40 am »
I've never had any problems with the wrench topic.  That might be because I tend to go capture heavy and there's a lot of common enemies that give wrench when interrogated.  And yeah the implosion bomb launcher can be a pain sometimes.  The bombers aren't guaranteed to be carrying an implosion bomb launcher and on top of that it's fairly easy to destroy the weapon when you shoot it down if they do have one.  That's one of those situations when I don't feel guilty about save scumming after like the 3rd bomber shoot down.

Well so i suppose im really unlucky then, since in my games (always at "jack sparrow") i very rarely manage to ground assault civilian shios, evrn more medium and large ones, that's my main problem. :'( once i was in early 2603 and never find a single one. Relying ont the warehouse wars missions is quite annoying also because cannot rember how to research then.  ???

I think large civilian ships may be more easy to intercept because shoild be slow ones, instead these rin away at the speed of light :o Any chance, Dioxine?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:41:03 am by niculinux »

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: December 23, 2018, 11:25:24 am »
I mostly avoid civilian shipping since I try not to piss off the local governments.  And really Jack Sparrow should make it easier to find (more enemies to capture and thus interrogate).  I can't look right now since I don't have xcom installed on this computer, but if you scan the tech tree for the wrench topic you'll see a big list of enemies that can give wrench from interrogations, plenty of which can be found in a lot of early missions.  Just from memory Tough guy/gal and highwaymen have a fairly small "give one free" list and they're in multiple early ground missions.

niculinux

« Reply #6539 on: December 23, 2018, 11:30:01 am »
I mostly avoid civilian shipping since I try not to piss off the local governments.  And really Jack Sparrow should make it easier to find (more enemies to capture and thus interrogate).  I can't look right now since I don't have xcom installed on this computer, but if you scan the tech tree for the wrench topic you'll see a big list of enemies that can give wrench from interrogations, plenty of which can be found in a lot of early missions.  Just from memory Tough guy/gal and highwaymen have a fairly small "give one free" list and they're in multiple early ground missions.

I know about the tech viewer but i don't use it  :o (im a real masochist) but actually any interrogation never gave me the wrench do again i suppose ive a really bad luck. Thanks for the answers!

edit: breaking news: after startin frim scratch 3/4 brand new games it appears that labourer ships carrying wrenches are likely to spawn at the very beginning of the game - between jan and march 2601 - if i miss these will hardly spawn in the next months so the rate of them appearing should be increased or something :?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:00:33 pm by niculinux »