Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577880 times)

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6510 on: December 13, 2018, 06:42:32 pm »
wow, what a bit of a shit-storm for so little.

Random questions for fun, if it's not asking much: Is there an in-game reasoning about the boxes? Is that meant to represent your gals being captured and literally boxed? Can they still be killed if an explosion happens nearby?

Lastly, will next version have new stuff for the Bugeyes soldier-type?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J9 - 24 Nov - Needs More Muskets
« Reply #6511 on: December 13, 2018, 07:42:01 pm »
just 1idea :

what about paralyser &, AND  pistol (revolver) in one ? ?

this 2 thing in one (short) hand weapon ?

(´´ may be also revolver, uzi, or also any bigger guns.. )

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6512 on: December 13, 2018, 07:52:08 pm »
Because i for one have a spine and i don't need your negative shit, poisoning my mood. But i'm sure other people will still ask questions, so you still have people to insult. Yay!

Congratulations, I'm sure now you're really happy with yourself. I suggest you stop deluding yourself that I have any personal interest in you, much less any interest in making you a "strawman". I've been insulted too many times myself to really care about your precious ego.

Offline Peteruta

• Sergeant
  • Riesige gepanzerte Raumschiffe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: December 13, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
Leichenfledderer Ihr!!!
Go on Diox and do your game.

niculinux

« Reply #6514 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:33 am »
As for here, i've just sligthly modifyed the Harquebus, removing that blade and addin a consistend gunbutt,please anyways note that the handob does not display a bayonet, as well as the firing entrance of the barrel is different ("flat") so whoever want to use in their game may raplace the file  :o ;D

Edit: oh can't remember whether posted before: wrench may also be recovered in certain missions such as tower ones (watchtower, comm tower, see thay may have a toolbox for maintenance purposes) as well as these spawned in industrial zones/ports  :)

Edit 2: And for even more kind of coerency the current musket msy be rensmed flintlock musket to pair with flintlock pistol?

Edit 3: also a musketoon may be a nice idea :) I did not know how many variants of ancient firearms are named in english language, but this is commonly associated with piratez (wikipedia quote) so may be appealing ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:19:40 pm by niculinux »

magus1

« Reply #6515 on: December 14, 2018, 10:33:18 pm »
Dear Dioxine, thank you for the beautiful tanks - are they based on a panzer 4? Also, the tank often unloads the ammo between missions, or upon being loaded ends up in the mission having no ammo.

Can anyone recommend a good tactic for taking Star God's silver Tower ships down, please?

Kisses,

Maggie

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: December 15, 2018, 12:52:20 am »
Basic strategy is the same as for any other high-power shipping - 1 fighter for tanking (with a high REA Lokk'Narr pilot, mandatory), 3 fighters for damage. It's just a question of scale. The problem here is the super fast recharge on the shield. There is no chance of taking it down gradually (unless - you have a fleet of quad-gattling dragons available, but then you wouldn't be asking about tactics ;) ). 3 whalers with avalanche can work, supported by a tanky fighter. Your best bet is taking down the shield (and hull, preferably) in one, huge salvo. 9 avalanches should do it even with crappy dmg rolls. 6 are risky, and you will most likely need to do enough hull damage to crash it in another way. Towers have no armor, so gattling lasers are not a bad choice, as long as you can field a decent number of them and can survive the damage output of the Towers (high power, high accuracy shots with medium delay - about the same as a destroyer). They also have an extremely short disengage window (around 25-30% of what other craft have, even shorter than corvettes), so you damage window is fairly short, unless you use fighters that can keep up (whaler, sabre and nightmare). High bravery pilot(s) are a must for any craft that will need to fight longer than 1 shot from avalanche. Implosion bombs are bad - short range, half shield damage and low accuracy (Towers' dodge bonus). They may be viable (not reliable) as a 'finisher' if you blew the shields, but not the hull - 2 bombs should crash it.

Silver Towers is, in essence, a troll ship. I consider it a last resort - a guaranteed, if challenging, way to get a SG Coordinator. IF you can survive the land battle as well.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6517 on: December 15, 2018, 11:49:03 am »
As for here, i've just sligthly modifyed the Harquebus, removing that blade and addin a consistend gunbutt,please anyways note that the handob does not display a bayonet, as well as the firing entrance of the barrel is different ("flat") so whoever want to use in their game may raplace the file  :o ;D

Facepalm. You do realize these kinds of weapons never had any stock, because they were not shoulder-fired?

Edit 2: And for even more kind of coerency the current musket msy be rensmed flintlock musket to pair with flintlock pistol?

Who cares about such "consistency"? Jesus, what a master nitpicker.

Dear Dioxine, thank you for the beautiful tanks - are they based on a panzer 4? Also, the tank often unloads the ammo between missions, or upon being loaded ends up in the mission having no ammo.

No, it is based on a rip from Xenonauts. Always make sure the ammo is loaded on board to avoid such issues.

niculinux

« Reply #6518 on: December 15, 2018, 12:06:03 pm »
Facepalm. You do realize these kinds of weapons never had any stock, because they were not shoulder-fired?

No, sorry, actually i'm not  a weapon historician ;D but goolge displays these with stocks so i'm bit confused :'(

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: December 15, 2018, 04:15:11 pm »
Sorry, but main difference between harqubuis(which is a wide concept by itself) and older early hand-held firearms(like hand cannons) is the Stock. When harqebuis and musket co-existed, the musket was heavier, longer and was considered an "armor-piercing" weapon. Later, up to XVIII-XIX cuntury muskets became lighter and lighter, and ended weighting just a little more than modern rifles(about 4 kg).

I am not a historian, but I do some historical reenacment. so I held both of this firearms at hands, aimed and even shot from some of the late muskets(harqebuis was shattered one). :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6520 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:33 pm »
Well I would call it properly a "handcannon" but we already have too many similarly named weapons... I do realize harquebus is not a proper name.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6521 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:09 pm »
(..1article) about 6.th Gen. "Fighters"

(.."successors of today´ Fifth´Generation´ Fighters ( F-22, F-35, Su-37 Berkut) are already under development.. :

https://cdr.cz/clanek/stihaci-letouny-6-generace-uz-jsou-ve-vyvoji-jaci-budou-nastupci-f-22-su-57

https://cdr.cz/sites/default/files/nova-stihacka-6gen.jpg

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:13:32 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6522 on: December 16, 2018, 12:00:09 am »
What it has to do with X-Piratez? To the point it is warranted to post it on the main thread? This is not dissing, if you post something, elaborate.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6523 on: December 16, 2018, 12:21:20 am »
^^~~  @Diox.   hi!, i forgot to mention, i just like this design, and i wanted to remind the very resemblance of design some of Piratez´ ships (mostly quick, speedy fighters..)
besides, it got interested, impressed me that tail-less solution of plane.

btw. about posting it on main topic - i can re-move it to any other proper thread if needed (for example, thread /topic about weaponry, militaries, hi-techs, etc....), if you wish, no prob.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:23:54 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6524 on: December 16, 2018, 03:55:18 am »
Oh, don't mind it. Just a thing to remember in the future.