aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610332 times)

magus1

Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6375 on: November 15, 2018, 01:16:53 am »
Dear Dioxine,

Have Tritons been ditched? I can't seem to make any. I am running J3  - no problem and J5 - no tritons. Sorry I am wailing but not well at the moment and I looked through the change logs and did not see anything.

Also, when I do those "catacomb" missions for coins where you can't see anything and there are spiders or three enemies, when I throw electro-flares the game crashes - sometimes.

Keep being great,

Maggy

Offline DeWolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: November 15, 2018, 04:32:19 am »
So are sandbags removed entirely or what?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:35 pm »
Dear Dioxine,

Have Tritons been ditched? I can't seem to make any. I am running J3  - no problem and J5 - no tritons. Sorry I am wailing but not well at the moment and I looked through the change logs and did not see anything.

Also, when I do those "catacomb" missions for coins where you can't see anything and there are spiders or three enemies, when I throw electro-flares the game crashes - sometimes.

Keep being great,

Maggy

You need to have RNG on your side and let the game spawn Reticulians early in your game, becouse you need their stuff researched to get Triton.

By pressing "Space", or clicking "Screen Lock" you can activate "Night vision" that lets you see what your gals can without darkness. I don't know anything about bug, becouse I use archers with flame arrows to illuminate areas (if I need to). Just stop using electroflares.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: November 15, 2018, 01:36:14 pm »

Has been fixed in a recent OXCE version (28.10.2018 or newer).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6379 on: November 15, 2018, 02:27:14 pm »
Nothing ever gets ditched except for rare cases of egregious design mistake - as it was with Hired Mercs before and Sanbags recently. Sometimes old stuff gets replaced/expanded, which can cause a grind too; a million voices screamed and fell silent when I removed the option to make prostitutes out of all female slaves :)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: November 15, 2018, 04:08:23 pm »
a million voices screamed and fell silent when I removed the option to make prostitutes out of all female slaves :)
Psionic prostitutes could have brought a lot of profit though

...I found myself as the blindfolded man;
With thousands of hands that caressed flesh of mine.
There is no place to rest for me since then.
Recalcitrant, with greed I stride from stash to stash
The hollow soul alike
That has been lost on boundary line.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:32:32 pm by Abyss »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: November 15, 2018, 07:27:37 pm »
So you say we should be able to make loverboys out of mages?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J8 - 19 Oct - Mixed Bag
« Reply #6382 on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:21 pm »
Hired Mercs? ? who they were ?
what they were like?
?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: November 16, 2018, 01:11:25 pm »
Hired Mercs? ? who they were ?
what they were like?
?

Buyable auxilaries like blood dogs are now. They used the Megapol Apeman sprite, were just as tough and came with boom gun and punch attack. The ussue was that you could hire them the moment you managed to subdue any merc, which isn’t that hard if you camp in Airbus and wait untill one wanders close enough.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: November 16, 2018, 07:50:04 pm »
Can someone tell me whether the shotgun fist inflicts 1 damage and 10 stun on the enemy or on the user?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #6385 on: November 16, 2018, 08:48:03 pm »
Buyable auxilaries like blood dogs are now. They used the Megapol Apeman sprite, were just as tough and came with boom gun and punch attack. The ussue was that you could hire them the moment you managed to subdue any merc, which isn’t that hard if you camp in Airbus and wait untill one wanders close enough.

could you tell me, in what version it was, thoese "Hire´d Mercs (if you remember)
thx for answers

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: November 16, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »
Can someone tell me whether the shotgun fist inflicts 1 damage and 10 stun on the enemy or on the user?

Forgot to also ask: I've gotten the admiral del corazon outfit, but i can't research it to find out what it does. What do?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6387 on: November 16, 2018, 11:10:12 pm »
Forgot to also ask: I've gotten the admiral del corazon outfit, but i can't research it to find out what it does. What do?

Shotgun fist applies the 1 hp and 10 stun to the user.  To the enemy it applies 4 rounds of birdshot damage. (14 damage X 32 pellets in all blasts).

Admiral Del Corazon:  Huge boost to bravery but should be used by high ranking gals.  You can put it on a gal to see the impacts.  This makes bravery scaling weapons especially attractive (Boarding Guns, Handles, Billhooks, etc.).  Use Alt in the inventory screen with a gal wearing the outfit to compare damage potentials of these weapons.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: November 16, 2018, 11:27:14 pm »
Nothing ever gets ditched except for rare cases of egregious design mistake - as it was with Hired Mercs before and Sanbags recently. Sometimes old stuff gets replaced/expanded, which can cause a grind too; a million voices screamed and fell silent when I removed the option to make prostitutes out of all female slaves :)

What? You can make courtesan from slave maids, no?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6389 on: November 17, 2018, 08:50:27 am »

Check your Pedia matey.