aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3612892 times)

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J6b - 2 Sep - The Dwindling Flame
« Reply #6030 on: September 24, 2018, 11:18:30 pm »
They're sturdy enough that those weapons shouldn't make them explode. Did you accidentally shoot them down over water?

Nope, just attacked another one with laser cannons - blown to pieces was the message. Reticulan Plasma Charger also blows them to pieces.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 11:22:49 pm by silencer_pl »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: September 24, 2018, 11:25:23 pm »
Nope, just attacked another one with laser cannons - blown to pieces was the message. Reticulan Plasma Charger also blows them to pieces.
Use looted Gauss.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: September 25, 2018, 12:55:24 am »
That contradicts of "being sturdy". Tried it, and still blown to pieces.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: September 25, 2018, 08:02:03 am »
That contradicts of "being sturdy". Tried it, and still blown to pieces.
Don't misquote me. There's a difference between "being sturdy" and "being stury enough". ;)
Anyway, they're about as tough as a Runabout, so Gauss Cannons shouldn't blow them up either (unless I'm missing something special about them). For the record, I used the Tractor Beam (I was doing a mid-campaign update). Still required me to disengage before the landing was forced, but no explosions.

EDIT: I just got to thinking - I had to disengage before the landing was forced. Maybe the same happens with the generation of a crash site - you have to disengage after damaging them enough. At their hull level, only a few weapons (Obliterator Cannon, Hammermite, Meteor, Avalanche, Fusion Ball, and Implosion Bomb) should be capable of blowing them up.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:20:28 am by cc »

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: September 25, 2018, 09:32:10 am »
How the heck should I know WHEN to disengage. I tried few times and never succeeded.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6035 on: September 25, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »
The ninja craft is using a trick with the Chromatic Shield, this might be the cause. I will adjust it and we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Found the cause. Ninjas, using the HK algorithm, have 50% of going down normally and crashing and 50% of fighting to the death. This behaviour will stay. I will however adjust this faction to make it less hard to get the Prismatic Shield.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:28:56 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: September 25, 2018, 10:35:14 pm »
Ninja Seeker vessels which, depending on difficulty, start appearing between months 24 and 30.
Thanks a lot. I guess that's correct. I did not loot them, thought they are not a trouble but mosquitos.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: September 25, 2018, 10:53:16 pm »
I will however adjust this faction to make it less hard to get the Prismatic Shield.
Could there be two types of missions, when you deploy your team to Help Loknaars against NS?
One is typical and the second one with the the story:
"It's a trap. Ninja Seekers were awared of our vessel coming and forced us to land nearby. They seem to be confident that we are an easy prey, but are we?"
with certain chance of the mission and a stronger enemy. And Prismatic Shields.

Edit:
There is little "It's a trap" missions, and that makes me feel like a master of the game. That's a wrong feeling for the Gals who, I would say so, do they first steps in the understanding of this big and cruel world.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:58:07 pm by Abyss »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6038 on: September 25, 2018, 11:13:01 pm »
Well I love trap missions, but every one there is, caused a tremendous outrage of whiny crybabies :)

New version up... will send the link in a second.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J7 - 25 Sep - It Can't Go Wrong
« Reply #6039 on: September 25, 2018, 11:43:39 pm »
Any clues how to proceed with Dr. X story line after prison cells and researching database? Also after Padlocks of chaos what to do next for Red Mage quest? I've researched the Black Mask and it's origins.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: September 26, 2018, 12:20:18 am »
Well I love trap missions, but every one there is, caused a tremendous outrage of whiny crybabies :)
:( I am the crybaby that outrages you for not making trap missions. Seriously, I want to lose my squad at least once in the Will of the Steel regime. I want to be hunted tougher.
New version up... will send the link in a second.
Already downloaded to play from the beginning. The initial missions are loaded with the atmosphere of X-Piratez at the strongest level. 

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: September 26, 2018, 12:43:14 am »
Any clues how to proceed with Dr. X story line after prison cells and researching database? Also after Padlocks of chaos what to do next for Red Mage quest? I've researched the Black Mask and it's origins.

For the former you need to get a academy counselor from the cruising counselors mission, for the latter the padlock is as far as the arc progresses. Neither is fully complete.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: September 26, 2018, 01:00:08 am »
But to get the Technomancer I was said that I need to progress the Red Mage story, but the Padlock only gets Mage and Noblewoman , Big Zombie and Vampire Bat as new enemies.

Offline netron

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: September 26, 2018, 03:39:31 am »
A mission should spawn some time after you researched the black mask. Also, for the record, for Higher Studies I am also stuck on prismatic shields and heavy gauss, which is also blocking other things like the armory tower. Only saw one seeker vessel so far.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: September 26, 2018, 05:03:54 am »
oh right technomancer oops, my brain is behind these times of rapid updates  ::)