Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610621 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J6b - 2 Sep - The Dwindling Flame
« Reply #6015 on: September 17, 2018, 03:12:28 pm »
If you don't have an instant hard-on after researching Sorceress, it means you picked the wrong codex. Also in general it is quite silly to criticize things you have only vague idea about.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: September 17, 2018, 03:19:24 pm »
The sorceress inst very good right now with the current state of morale degen, since the majority of the powers cost morale, and your hands are blocked. The other codex "top" voodoo outfits are more flexible.

MC as a whole is pretty weak in piratez, for both you and the enemy. It's base chance of success is lower on top of weaker stats used for it compared to vanilla. It was nuts in vanilla but here its probably a waste of TU in most situations.

Offline AgentFransis

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: September 17, 2018, 03:35:57 pm »
If you don't have an instant hard-on after researching Sorceress, it means you picked the wrong codex. Also in general it is quite silly to criticize things you have only vague idea about.
I wasn't really "criticizing", just wrote down some quick thoughts. This is a discussion board, no?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: September 20, 2018, 10:27:17 pm »
Guys guys sorry for the offtop, but can someone make a hint on where to find these shields (prismatic shields i guess) in order to get to the higher studies?
I'ma bit of stuck into the progress, the only ship isn't shot down is the Silver Towers.
But they are so strong :(

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: September 20, 2018, 10:28:46 pm »
So I took 99J6b for a small test run. Two things:

Slave Emancipation was producing data disc, now is producing cultural wealth. Description is not updated. And I have no idea what to do with cultural wealth. Fence screen suggest this is some sort of resource, but I can't use it in manufacture sceen. I can't research it. I can sell it, but it is worth 0. Do I need more research? Like all the stuff added between 99J2 and 99J6b? Or is it for future use, that is not implemented yet?

Plasma weapons are setting things on fire. It is cool new feature, but it should be limited only to flammable stuff (or low durability). Because right now it is setting on fire gals in custom power armor, and that armor is made of plasteel and this doesn't make sense. Plasma weapon is not a flame thrower, it doesn't cover target with flammable liquid...           

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6020 on: September 20, 2018, 11:48:18 pm »
The overwhelming opinion was that discs were useless (and the whole Emancipation was pointless), so this is being replaced with a new resource for future use.

The setting of power armor on fire can be rationalized as simply heating the surface up to the point where it glows. It takes a really major hit to lit a power armor anyway. It's not immune to fire, is it now. So I don't think the underlying game logic is faulty at all. And even if it was, we have to live with that.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: September 20, 2018, 11:52:36 pm »
Guys guys sorry for the offtop, but can someone make a hint on where to find these shields (prismatic shields i guess) in order to get to the higher studies?
Ninja Seeker vessels which, depending on difficulty, start appearing between months 24 and 30.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: September 21, 2018, 09:11:16 am »
They should be showing up sooner. By month 24 you can be shooting down battleships regulary. Between month 18 nad 24 (depending on difficulty) would be optimal I guess.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: September 21, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
They should be showing up sooner. By month 24 you can be shooting down battleships regulary. Between month 18 nad 24 (depending on difficulty) would be optimal I guess.
Sorry, I remembered incorrectly. On Jack Sparrow (highest) difficulty they start appearing in month 12; month 24 on every other difficulty.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6024 on: September 22, 2018, 07:16:24 am »
By month 24 you can be shooting down battleships regulary.

That is a highly skewed view. An average player won't have such capability until a year or so later.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: September 22, 2018, 09:12:59 am »
Ninja Seeker vessels which, depending on difficulty, start appearing between months 24 and 30.

I had few Ninja Seekers and they explode when shot down - no crash site. Are they uber fragile or something? Using your standard seagull missiles and 50mm/reticulan plasma.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:06 am »
I had few Ninja Seekers and they explode when shot down - no crash site. Are they uber fragile or something? Using your standard seagull missiles and 50mm/reticulan plasma.
They're sturdy enough that those weapons shouldn't make them explode. Did you accidentally shoot them down over water?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: September 24, 2018, 03:01:34 am »
So, in my campaign I'm delaying purposely the Voodoo research.
After a while, I managed to buy some Persuadotron 2000s, so:
Spoiler:
Upon the first mind control, I noticed that now I can see the VooDoo stats of the Gal that used it.
Is this a feature or a bug?
I like it as a feature, as it allows me to screen for PSI strength of the Gal.
Or I'm missing something?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: September 24, 2018, 03:41:23 am »
Yeah that's normal behavior, stuff that trains VooDoo will cause the stats to show up.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6029 on: September 24, 2018, 06:45:46 am »
Well this is actually a bug, since Persuadotron is not supposed to train Voodoo. A small omission in the code; already fixed in OXCE+ 5.0 afaik.