aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610729 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J5 - 16 Aug - Hunter, Hunted?
« Reply #5880 on: August 17, 2018, 12:59:34 am »
New version uploaded. Have fun!

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5881 on: August 17, 2018, 01:39:13 am »
I haven't yet gotten to unlocking tips/hints in my in-game bootypedia for synth gals.

Wait, WTF?! How the f*** are you using Syns without researching "Syn examination" first? IIRC that's a research requirement for getting your first Syn.

And I guess you haven't bothered with reading about the chiller armor suit either?

If that's the case, I gotta agree with Dioxine here:

What a cheater. Seriously, synths underpowered for you? Disgusting.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: August 17, 2018, 02:30:58 am »
What a cheater. Seriously, synths underpowered for you? Disgusting.
Also this what's modding synths to be mass-productible brings: disappointment. Because in such a case, people don't bother with the effort of learning how to use them.

What!?? NO! LOL! No, of course not! Synths are not underpowered here. Please let me just explain myself before everyone jumps the gun and jerks the knee here.

First I like that the synths are not mass produced units because I am a quality over quantity type of guy. I rarely use more than 2-5 units which of course depends on how much enemies there are on the map and how many manage to hide from my initial battlefield scanning sweeps. I mostly get the job done with only one unit usually and that is always with my main commando character.

What I deemed underpowered here were combat drugs specifically, not my commando gal as a synth (who is inhumanly/inuberly powerful stats-wise). The thing with my commando character aka the main unit for the past years I've played OpenXcom with has always been someone who've I've cheated over max stats so I can have easier and fun relaxing time blasting my foes apart without feeling like jamming my keyboard through my monitor after some 10th fail after fail.

I don't seek challenege, I seek relaxation of mowing my foes down with ease in games. Yes I am a cheater and I don't care and that's primarly because of an actual real-life medical condition I have. I only cheat in singleplayer games and I highly prefer singleplayer games because of being able to change things to my liking.

Wait, WTF?! How the f*** are you using Syns without researching "Syn examination" first? IIRC that's a research requirement for getting your first Syn.

And I guess you haven't bothered with reading about the chiller armor suit either?

For crying out loud, I've been playing the game all day managing my bases, inventories and whatnot.. I haven't gotten to reading newer bootypedie entries I've unlocked. I do have Syn Examination researched but I only read through it once and I was so sleepy at that point that I basically forgot it (that was a few days back), that's what happens when you stay up til the morning of the next day! >.<
I haven't even tested the chiller suit yet, excuse me for not having done that yet.

I only seek (or sought I guess) modding help here not whatever this presumption-fueled mess is, good grief.. disgusting.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:19:21 pm by Drokkath »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: August 17, 2018, 02:40:52 am »
- Enemy tanks and armored cars are no longer capturable

RIP early Hovertank Chassis.  And now Robot Disassembly has even more completely useless manufacturing options.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: August 17, 2018, 03:13:11 am »
Solved the modding issue myself I was having with rage and from indignation. My synth commando is properly over-overpowered now, goodbye overheating/stamina-drain. 8)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:16:18 am by Drokkath »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5885 on: August 17, 2018, 03:16:28 am »
I don't seek challenege, I seek relaxation of mowing my foes down with ease in games

Fair enough, just Piratez is a wrong game for that.

Also if you seek cheating, I mean modding help... Please start a new topic or whatever, just don't bring that kind of stuff here, which is my personal stomping grounds and supposedly the thread to discuss important stuff.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:19:49 am by Dioxine »

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: August 17, 2018, 04:07:22 am »
just Piratez is a wrong game for that.

Wrong game or not, this is why I mod and thus am able to enjoy OpenXcom and its mods. TBH, I've played Piratez far longer this year than I did the original game with OpenXcom last year.

I'll fuck off now and go straight to modding help sections or whatever next time.

niculinux

« Reply #5887 on: August 17, 2018, 08:13:36 am »

Yay! Wrenches are more easy to be found now?

RIP early Hovertank Chassis.  And now Robot Disassembly has even more completely useless manufacturing options.

So it is an useless option now or what?

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: August 17, 2018, 08:58:53 am »

Cheers!  :D

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: August 17, 2018, 10:57:35 am »

So it is an useless option now or what?

Kinda sorta maybe.  You weren't ever supposed to be able to capture tanks, and the option to disassemble tanks was only put in because people found exploits to capture them anyways.  So think of the disassembly option as a safety net, those are useless too .. unless someone falls.

niculinux

« Reply #5890 on: August 17, 2018, 11:30:38 am »
Kinda sorta maybe.  You weren't ever supposed to be able to capture tanks, and the option to disassemble tanks was only put in because people found exploits to capture them anyways.  So think of the disassembly option as a safety net, those are useless too .. unless someone falls.

So it's still present in .J5? Or oheraps it may have an utility since it may work with these "corpses"?? (tank debris)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: August 17, 2018, 11:55:58 am »
0.99J5 16-Aug-2018

- Temple Raid needs to be approached by foot now.

We can only approach Church of Sirius Temple using an expedition now?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: August 17, 2018, 12:06:54 pm »
no, that line talks about the craft no longer being on the map.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: August 17, 2018, 12:24:14 pm »
So it's still present in .J5? Or oheraps it may have an utility since it may work with these "corpses"?? (tank debris)

I don't know how to make this any clearer.  If you play normally you'll never ever capture a tank so it doesn't matter if you can disassemble them or not.  Leaving the option to disassemble them in the game doesn't matter either.  In short, nothing to see here, move along.

niculinux

« Reply #5894 on: August 17, 2018, 12:29:40 pm »
I don't know how to make this any clearer.  If you play normally you'll never ever capture a tank so it doesn't matter if you can disassemble them or not.  Leaving the option to disassemble them in the game doesn't matter either.  In short, nothing to see here, move along.

thanks sorry, the mod is really complicated, really need of foolproof explanations :)

0.99J5 16-Aug-2018

- Temple Raid needs to be approached by foot now.

We can only approach Church of Sirius Temple using an expedition now?

Actually i think makes sense, but don't know how, civilian vessels approaching the site suited well anyways, but whatever!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:33:42 pm by niculinux »