aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610659 times)

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5865 on: August 15, 2018, 04:42:48 pm »
Every player's inventory management is painful to watch. Unless it's yourself doing the management.
True. I would still say it's pretty bad in general. He pretty much ignores grenades, consumables, secondary weapons, unless it's a stunner. His weapon selection is pretty limited. Although he's pretty lucky to get 3 haxxors. In my campaighn im in the first month of a second year and i only have one.

Edit: ok let's analyze his latest episode 61 where he beats a bandit pogrom so i don't come as empty worded.

On grenades: you can see this early on when the enemy density is very high. There's a moment where there is a blood hound behind the corner and 2 highwaymen grouped together, near an explosive barrels no less. All it takes is one frag grenade to kill them. Instead he moves a LMG, does a burst, misses, same with second gal, the third hand finally finishes the blood hound. So instead of taking 1 action to kill 3 enemies he took 3 and killed one. He had rocketeers and grenade launchers, but still there's a moment when he shoots an rpg into 2 ghouls in a small gap between a building and this yellow industrial box and it goes sideways and hits the obstacle. The distance wasn't huge, throwing would be a way safer bet, even with a demo(wo)man.

Consumables: this is the biggest mistake. He got gassed at the spawn, tough luck, but that's to be expected from the ghouls. Then the wounds start accumulating and gals start dropping like flies. The only thing he has is a single barrel of x-grog... the RPG gal runs to retrieve it... and drops unconscious on the stockpile. This was pretty funny, i have to admit. But on the serious note, this is huge. A knocked out gal does as much as the dead one, and this kind of "death" you can easily prevent.

On weapon selection i wouldn't say anything. I don't know why he ignores shotguns(my guess is because he values armor penetration but that's fixed by carrying grenades to throw instead), but in general it's not bad.

He should definitely consider sidearms on heavy weapon users though. There were a couple of times when he skipped a turn with HMG because it's 50% tu to shoot, that means if you turn you only do 1 burst. With 49% tu it's enough to draw a pistol or a sawn-off, do a snap or two and put it back. Yes, his hmg was at 75\75 weight, but at this point i would rather drop a spare ammo box. Same with the RPG gal. What if an enemy is next to a teammate? If you value a rocket in a QD slot so much, at least you can put a black adder? fisticuffs? at least something not explodey?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:09:43 pm by sanyaskillpro »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: August 15, 2018, 06:45:21 pm »
Ah, the HMG. One of the best sniper rifles there are.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: August 16, 2018, 01:41:44 am »
damn, this guy's inventory management is painful to watch.

i was thinking about cutting those, but then I've decided not to bother because you can just skip it after all. Yes I know my inventory management is piss poor, but I'm too lazy to improve.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5868 on: August 16, 2018, 02:17:21 am »
I like Silencer's style.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: August 16, 2018, 05:38:21 am »
i was thinking about cutting those, but then I've decided not to bother because you can just skip it after all. Yes I know my inventory management is piss poor, but I'm too lazy to improve.
Do you know about the saving loadout feature with f5\f9? I make several basic presets in different weight intervals, something like 20\35\50 kg. 20 would be the minimal set with about 5 different grenades and bandages to save weight. 35 is a standard preset with a medkit, stimms, painkillers, maybe an extra grenade. 50 is for someone with a light weapon and it features panzerfaust and swapping some utility grenades for damaging ones. Yes, management can get tedious, that's why you load a preset closest to the weight you want, remove what you don't need with 1 click, then plop a weapon and you're good to go.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: August 16, 2018, 10:13:00 am »
[…] watching silencer playthrough […]
I cannot help but wonder what happened Part 10?!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:03:03 am by Zharkov »

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: August 16, 2018, 11:03:33 am »
I've been noticing that my synth gal tends to tire much faster than she did as one of the main 7 uber gal. What gives? Some actual power consumption element that runs in battlescape for synth soldiers or something? If so then I would like to alter that stamina-drain/health-stun effect wherever it is if I can, otherwise I'll revert my main gal back to her uber form.

Offline ivansanchez

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: August 16, 2018, 11:31:36 am »
I've been noticing that my synth gal tends to tire much faster than she did as one of the main 7 uber gal. What gives?

Let me quote the Bootypedia article about Syns, emphasis mine:

>>> Bravery is always 0, no Stress.
>>> Always counts as if wearing Exosuit.
>>> Instead of exhaustion, they suffer from overheating. The less Energy, the higher heat. If Energy is below 300, they start taking Stun damage.
>>> Health regeneration of 3/turn, but low Energy regeneration. Stun and Energy regeneration unaffected by Health.

Maybe try combat drugs (or the drug dispensor) for once? The penalties of combat drugs don't really matter to Syns.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5873 on: August 16, 2018, 12:07:48 pm »
Wait, there is an option to turn gals into syns now???

Offline FG

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: August 16, 2018, 12:29:32 pm »

Only with mods.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: August 16, 2018, 12:51:08 pm »
Let me quote the Bootypedia article about Syns, emphasis mine:

Maybe try combat drugs (or the drug dispensor) for once? The penalties of combat drugs don't really matter to Syns.

Ahhh, that explains it. Thank you. I haven't yet gotten to unlocking tips/hints in my in-game bootypedia for synth gals. So I far I have the two synth nude outfits in bootypedia and I have no idea what is the description for their armors yet. Thankfully the gal I converted through save editing from a uber to a synth is a leader so I have access to all of the outfits that have not even been researched yet.

Definitely gonna try the combat drugs, again thanks.

niculinux

« Reply #5876 on: August 16, 2018, 01:18:08 pm »

here

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: August 16, 2018, 02:17:22 pm »
I cannot help but wonder what happened Part 10?!

I was watching youtube on my Smart TV and then I got comment, I replied and I wanted to delete the video from queue, but I had my brain turned off for brief moment and I deleted the video.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: August 16, 2018, 06:56:41 pm »
Bleh, combat drugs are too underpowered for my overpowered artificially altered soldiers, especially for my synth gal. Took a shot of it when she ran low of stamina again after a long trek across battlescape.. it did bugger all and only sent her to recovery for 2 days. Wordpad save edit saves the day yet again!

I'm seriously considering either changing my main gal back to uber.. or modding that overheat/stamin-drain/stun-damage so I can continue using synth. I prefer the latter aka to mod it because I've grown to like synths.

In what file is that stamina-drain/overheating rate determined because I'd love to lower it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5879 on: August 16, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »
What a cheater. Seriously, synths underpowered for you? Disgusting.
Also this what's modding synths to be mass-productible brings: disappointment. Because in such a case, people don't bother with the effort of learning how to use them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:18:06 pm by Dioxine »