Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610971 times)

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5850 on: August 14, 2018, 12:37:09 am »
WTF? My mapblocks do not have these spawn points...

idk... I downloaded 099J4 just to check for possible bugs (regarding the rogue spawns) in Mapview. But (attached) is the route-file in hex

The first three bytes on each row are positions (y/x/z [sic]) of route-nodes (note that on the z-axis, 00 is top level of a MAP).

and if there are no nodes in a map-module the route-file should be empty. I don't know what's supposed to be there and what's not, so over to you, sir

ps. The last byte on each row is spawnweight.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:56:44 am by kevL »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5851 on: August 14, 2018, 02:33:35 am »
I think I found what was wrong... The files in my map editor were not the same as the files in the game directory.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: August 14, 2018, 02:56:16 am »
k

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: August 14, 2018, 03:21:20 am »
I've sort of cheated to test who makes it and I don't know why but it's the Church doing crackdown in the Pacific. Now Pacific is a big region and I didn't do any missions there against the Church which is very strange. In fact last few months I had fights against Academy and the Guild. I only had one mission against the Church (Boot camp) but it was in Europe.  As it stands now I'm just telling myself that this mod has something against "Boob Paradise" (that's the name of base) on Hawaii

How late are you in the campaign?  Because at some point (around two years, maybe less depending on difficulty), a random crackdown can happen per month where one random faction randomly picks a random region to randomly scan for pirate hideouts.  Any faction capable of flying ships can do this with no regard to previous transgressions; so in your case, the Church just decided to randomly scan the Pacific one day and just happened to get lucky.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: August 14, 2018, 04:24:40 am »
Ubers and their voodoo capacity, as well as the Lunatics and their higher potential capacity, have lore reasons.  Also, you're arguing that the setting equivalent of(let's say) orcs would be more psychically adept than more human genetic strains?

niculinux

« Reply #5855 on: August 14, 2018, 03:48:21 pm »
I got aml mission named "abandoned mine" or something (cannot remember well sorry) but it startes in a jungle map with hundred of loads of dark ones troops, i was with mu sic gal on airbus and fled away, soon after my 2 bases started to being raided every now and then by these, i even had to cheat by lowering diff level in a saved game  because was overwhelmed by a 50+ dark ones units!

Same appened in another game when i escapede from an "hot pursuit" mission. My personal point is, dincevthey are possede and does not show "intellectual reason" they dhold not hzve the mesns ho track'n sttack a piratez base, i'd use them only in particular missions though  ???
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:03:48 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: August 14, 2018, 03:57:19 pm »
Dark ones are pretty easy, their good units don't spawn in hideout attacks (at least I haven't seen them there). Shotguns are great against them.

niculinux

« Reply #5857 on: August 14, 2018, 04:02:52 pm »
Dark ones are pretty easy, their good units don't spawn in hideout attacks (at least I haven't seen them there). Shotguns are great against them.
i had 2 or 3 crackdown from those instead, maybe depend on diff kevel, also because imps, possessed chaingunners and rocket guys are a real pain in the ass  :'( im forced to cheat when they attach my base :'(

edit: if anybody cares, here is my most advanced game, press here to see my mess progress!! I have 3 hideouts 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:08:08 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: August 14, 2018, 04:41:33 pm »
In hideout defence missions there is almost no reason to stand in the corridors during the enemy turn. Just retreat to the rooms while you weather the main attack. Even if the defenders of one room are killed (not common at all against dark ones) you'll have more in other rooms. Imps are annoying when they hit you, but weak.

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: August 14, 2018, 05:35:19 pm »
How late are you in the campaign?  Because at some point (around two years, maybe less depending on difficulty), a random crackdown can happen per month where one random faction randomly picks a random region to randomly scan for pirate hideouts.  Any faction capable of flying ships can do this with no regard to previous transgressions; so in your case, the Church just decided to randomly scan the Pacific one day and just happened to get lucky.

October 2602

niculinux

« Reply #5860 on: August 14, 2018, 07:19:19 pm »
Hey actually i noticed (better late than never!) some kind of "inconsistency": watching silencer playthrough in the manufacturing prohect screen, the one where you assign runts to s specific job) there is a string that reads "workshop space aviable", now since in piratez a workshop needs to be researched and the starting one is labelled "extractor", may that  string be changed in "labor space avaiable" or "work space avaiable".

Don't know if it is even possible, pheraphs its an harcoded thing? Whatever :)

Edit: Also: if gals found themselves in an abandoned base, they should have only knowledge of weapons/stuff the may have seen or "experienced" in captivity or used in the getaway as the introfuction states clearly), so how about to remove boarding gun, handcannon and nearly all weapons currently present in  bootypedia? I don't think academy uses flintlock, first patrols in the game dont use them, so at least i'd left tools academy nurses uses and should be starting gals equipment, flintlocks and early firearms may be unlocked with the black market

Edit 2: i'd also remove the robot guard in the watchtower and warehouse and whatever other missio is usin it and place at least a couole of enemyes as guard patrolling near the entrance, kinda a bit more "realistic" but most of all painfull of course!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:07:07 pm by niculinux »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: August 15, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »
I think the guard is mostly there to keep the enemies in the tower.

niculinux

« Reply #5862 on: August 15, 2018, 03:10:48 pm »
I think the guard is mostly there to keep the enemies in the tower.

Yes i know, that was just to make thinghs different. A couple of question: are planned for next versions some more geoscape and battlescape music tracks? And also early game missions?

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: August 15, 2018, 04:06:22 pm »
watching silencer playthrough
damn, this guy's inventory management is painful to watch.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5864 on: August 15, 2018, 04:25:10 pm »
damn, this guy's inventory management is painful to watch.

Every player's inventory management is painful to watch. Unless it's yourself doing the management.

I have watched Silencer's playthrough yesterday and I was rather impressed with his skills.