Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610237 times)

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J4 - 19 Jul - Halloween Comes Early
« Reply #5805 on: August 02, 2018, 03:42:36 pm »
What's the safest way to train Lokknars in way of the pilot.

Do civie missions at night. Hide your Lokk'Naar in the dark. Put flares where the civies are. The Lokk'Naar can now reaction fire on the illuminated civies without being spotted. I use shotguns with rubber bullets.
For safety, have gals in armor stationed a little further ahead of the Lokk'Naar. If a civie comes close, the armored gal is spotted first and fired upon.

Bonus objective: Position your Lokk'Naar at a distance where reaction shots hit with low accuracy (~15%). You don't need to hit with reaction fire to get xp. The longer the target remains standing, the longer you can use it for target practice.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:42:22 pm by Eddie »

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: August 03, 2018, 12:40:20 pm »
Just a proposal after watching the end of Meridians (and another) Youtube LP again: Maybe you should use the allien base from XOPS as a final base, it looks inredible and would be a change from the default Ubase graphics. Not sure if that already has been changed, if so disregard my post.

niculinux

« Reply #5807 on: August 04, 2018, 02:12:34 pm »
Finally in jack sparrow got into may 2602! In april finally encountered snakemen & chrissalyd on a mutant culling mission (first time i take it) and it's kinda mpossible!! May be that acid rain be saved for a non combat mission type, at least?  :)

edit: sorry for typos
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:57:37 pm by niculinux »

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: August 04, 2018, 02:21:52 pm »
I`m in 2607 and haven`t encountered any snakemen.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5809 on: August 04, 2018, 02:30:39 pm »
@Niculinux, learn to fucking write because I cannot understand a thing from that garble.

niculinux

« Reply #5810 on: August 04, 2018, 02:59:08 pm »
I`m in 2607 and haven`t encountered any snakemen.

On which difficulty level are you playing? I usually pick "Jack sparrow" (most difficult one)

@ Dioxine: edited previous post, sorry again

Offline Ciruil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: August 05, 2018, 08:01:53 am »
Fast way to train bravery to 90:
Run Nudist on a map you can clear without any risk of taking damage (like church raid while wearing guardian armor) and go full-capture with the gals.
Stunning enemies doesn't raise moral. The lokk'nars / peasants / slaves / ubers will panic once moral drops to 49 and less.

Everytime they resist panic, they can roll for a +10 bravery growth. Around 3-4 rounds of no-panic and you're good to go.
HP, Str and Stamina also increases with every resisted panic round.
Arm naked Gals thith shepherds staffs and you can train bravery to max by skipping turns.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: August 06, 2018, 11:58:25 am »
Nearing the end-game (or close enough to one, I think) and I see the game trying to tell me I should have some of my gals running nude. Doesn't help/does help that the synths have two types of nude outfits for all three environments. So yeah.. I have my first synth in her forearms-covering variant of the nude outfit.

However in the battlescape I did not like the sight of the pubic hair on my blue-haired synth gal since it looked way too out of place for my tastes so I went and did some battlescape sprite editing with one of the proper painting programs for this game and overhauled all of the nude synth sprites (to my knowledge) along with the main default nude gal birthday suit.

edit: Agh, sorry about the row of attachments. I'd like to put them in a spoiler or something if I could. There! Shortened them and put the rest in the rar file.
Altered files: PIR_500.png, PIR_662.png, PIR_663.png, PIR_666.png, PIR_667.png, PIR_668.png, PIR_669.png
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:13:49 pm by Drokkath »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5813 on: August 06, 2018, 03:35:08 pm »
Disgusting.

;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 06:06:03 pm by Dioxine »

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: August 06, 2018, 07:43:16 pm »
What is considered good equipment for Mansions other than going full suicidal with grenades?

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #5815 on: August 06, 2018, 08:12:09 pm »
Nearing the end-game (or close enough to one, I think) and I see the game trying to tell me I should have some of my gals running nude. Doesn't help/does help that the synths have two types of nude outfits for all three environments. So yeah.. I have my first synth in her forearms-covering variant of the nude outfit.

:o  How that? ??  ???
i dont get it abit..

hwen, and how, the game tell it to yu..?  ???

and WHY
it all

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: August 06, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »
Most Syn outfits have a guantleted version that better at melee and has spiked gauntlets melee, but less good at shooting. So alot of stuff has near identical versions which does clog up the outfitting process.

Offline Droggarth

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: August 06, 2018, 09:09:22 pm »
:o  How that? ??  ???
i dont get it abit..

That's what happens when you play this awesome mod for hours upon hours doing a research spree after research spree and then reading everything that has been researched and then digest it while in battlescape either cutting down foes with a Tech Sword or capturing them with stun weapons... until you feel like some disembodied lovecraftian entity seeking knowledge of the lore within the game and how to master it only to then realize you need an in-game gal as an your extension of your disembodied sense of self (or lack there of).

Honestly I'm not sure how my mind went there, I'm pretty sure I did lose some of my sanity (as usual) and gained a fair amount of VooDoo while at it. Oh well, wubba lubba dub dub, my brain is an enigma. o_o

In all seriousness though, even when I'm not playing the mod and playing something else entirely the mod's soundtrack tends to play by itself in my mind sometimes, thankfully in a good way as it gets me thinking about what to do next and brings me in a deep zen-state of some sorts. 8)

Most Syn outfits have a guantleted version that better at melee and has spiked gauntlets melee, but less good at shooting. So alot of stuff has near identical versions which does clog up the outfitting process.

Huh, so that's why the vessel synth crew icon has that long blade looking item (retractable?) reminds me of those Borg tendrils, I thought that was the Tech Blade there for a while as I have been on a melee roll for a long while now with melee weaponry. I rarely use ranged weaponry in battlescape anymore but when I do, I tend to go chain-gunning with upgraded boarding guns for some good ol' dakka-dakka fun shooting spree.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: August 06, 2018, 09:09:59 pm »
What is considered good equipment for Mansions other than going full suicidal with grenades?
Cougar mini SMG

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: August 07, 2018, 03:10:14 am »
Cougar mini SMG

Note that it's a late-game tech, you'll need School Graduation for that.  But in the meantime, you can make do with the smartpistol which you'll need to make mini cougars anyway.