aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N9.7.7 12-Sep-2024 Second Coming  (Read 4123816 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N9.7.7 12-Sep-2024 Second Coming
« Reply #9180 on: September 15, 2024, 10:37:07 pm »
In other news, I started a new run using OXC android, anyone knows how I get gals to run instead of just walking when playing on an android device?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=9507.0

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: September 15, 2024, 11:36:57 pm »
In the latest version, I feel that the game becomes a bit too easy if all the shipping information is revealed on radar detection. Is there a way to like... hide info until the said info is researched? That is, in the Shipping Detected window, I think it would make sense if the Vessel Class would only be revealed if the said vessel documentation is researched. Same with the flag; only reveal the faction if the appropriate faction has been researched. It makes no sense that you'd know which one it is if you've never heard about them before. And the same goes for the Mission. I don't know if doing such things is moddable tho.

Another recent change I'd like to talk about is that !Bandit Business! was made to require "World Lore: Any Continent", which I think makes it too difficult to research this mission. That's because players have no control over which countries they research (it's always random), so the chance of researching all the countries of a single continent is about the same as researching all the countries of all the continents. So by the time players research all the countries to get "World Lore: Any Continent", it's already late game and this mission is no longer relevant. Did you intend to make this mission a late-game mission?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 03:12:18 am by Delian »

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: September 16, 2024, 01:25:21 am »
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=9507.0

Ah, many thanks. I wasn't finding those options cause I didn't check the extended menu in the battlescape.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: September 16, 2024, 08:20:49 am »
In the latest version, I feel that the game becomes a bit too easy if all the shipping information is revealed on radar detection. Is there a way to like... hide info until the said info is researched? That is, in the Shipping Detected window, I think it would make sense if the Vessel Class would only be revealed if the said vessel documentation is researched. Same with the flag; only reveal the faction if the appropriate faction has been researched. It makes no sense that you'd know which one it is if you've never heard about them before. And the same goes for the Mission. I don't know if doing such things is moddable tho.
I would like to add a feature like this as a mod to a vanilla game and was wondering if it could be implemented - https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=12063.0
As it turns out, this is almost impossible in the existing OXCE. Only partially and only by greatly complicating the mod.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: September 18, 2024, 04:55:25 pm »
Taking a look here seems italy/greece/turkey have most shitty starting bonuses....it will change in next updates? Anyway i liked somwwhat the geoscape track "underground activity", hope gonna be replaced though  ;)

funny enough iron tribe give quick acces to old planes, it's the aces high nation of course  ;D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 05:00:39 pm by ontherun »

Online Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: Today at 01:49:28 am »
I've got "Defend the Fort!" mission this weekend and must admit it seems quite underdeveloped.

I do like the idea, it's supposed to be fun to play but it is not at the moment and the fort itself is a biggest problem here. Map design, I mean. This fort is sucks in many aspects. It's hard to shoot from, it's easy to get shot while you trying to, it's suicidely dangerous just to move inside it.

Initial placement sucks the most. You are under fire already, standing on a position you should not be, and it's not your fault, its just starting placement. As result it's you who seems to be ambushed, not defending the fortified position.

Yet the only you actually need to do to defend the fort - is stand on a single chock point with a spear and press end turn button untill enemy go mad, your gals go mad, you go mad and finally come to conclusion that 100 infame penalty is a tiny price to pay and happily evade all of this.

At the end current fort is just visually ugly. While the game engine actually quite capable with recreation trace italienne bastion fortification in its general principle. Even the "Isolated Valley" temple do the job to extent.

Less significant issue is craft inventory availability. Looks it's not available. In other missions you retain your inventory stored in a starting area and I see no reason why this one should be an exception. Even if you will not able to evacuate your stuff in emergency you still shall be able to deliver it to the site by the craft you arrive on.