aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610500 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - K2 - 2 Nov - Ice Ice Cool
« Reply #7560 on: February 18, 2020, 03:14:00 pm »
Certainly! I have voodoo schools, but I don't have voodoo initiation (http://xpiratez.wtf/xpedia_en-US.html#STR_PSI_INITIATION). I need that to get the fun stuff. More specifically Voodoo:communion.

Looking more into the tech tree, I have "ye old magic shoppe" but not voodoo initiation. This is likely a side-effect of being from an old version. Should I just save edit myself into having voodoo initiation? Or is there a internal check that should correct itself?

Upload your save here so that we can have a look if it's a real issue or if you're just missing something.
Most likely you're just still missing something.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7561 on: February 18, 2020, 04:45:58 pm »
I still don't have voodoo. I got the first 2 events in what I think is the voodoo initiation event chain, but I can't get the third one.

The event chain for voodoo initiation is first "wasteland priestess" and then "seek out the desert witch". The "wasteland priestess" event spawns without prerequisites at 23% chance per month. "seek out the desert witch" is not actually the second event but the research you need for it to spawn (50% chance per month once researched). So you can type that into the ingame tech tree viewer to see what you are missing.

If you are missing the "wasteland priestess" event, you can edit "Piratez_events.rul" and look for "str_blessings" there to set executionOdds to 100 to reduce the waiting time.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7562 on: February 18, 2020, 06:57:20 pm »
The event leading to Voodoo is unavailable for campaigns with the lowest difficulty level. So if you play on Cap'n Kidd, you are not supposed to access this part of the tech tree.

If you want to go as far as editing the mod to get this (as per Eddie's suggestion), then you can modify the even to also happen on the lowest difficulty. But I personally think that a much cleaner and overall better (and fairer) solution would be changing your difficulty from 0 (lowest) to 1 (second lowest) - it won't be a big difference, but will enable the event. To do so:
- back up your save,
- open the save in some text editor (preferably something more reliable than Notepad),
- find a line "difficulty: 0" and replace the 0 with 1.

If you are not playing on the lowest difficulty, just disregard my post.

Offline spazeroid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7563 on: February 18, 2020, 11:13:32 pm »
Upload your save here so that we can have a look if it's a real issue or if you're just missing something.
Most likely you're just still missing something.

Will do! And yeah it's probably user error.

The event chain for voodoo initiation is first "wasteland priestess" and then "seek out the desert witch". The "wasteland priestess" event spawns without prerequisites at 23% chance per month. "seek out the desert witch" is not actually the second event but the research you need for it to spawn (50% chance per month once researched). So you can type that into the ingame tech tree viewer to see what you are missing.

If you are missing the "wasteland priestess" event, you can edit "Piratez_events.rul" and look for "str_blessings" there to set executionOdds to 100 to reduce the waiting time.

Huh, if that's how it works then yeah it might just be a run of bad RNG on my end. An ingame month takes me a long time to get through just because I'm doing most of the missions. I have the wasteland priestess and the research done. Looking back through my saves the research was done in December, and it's March now. So assuming everything works it should just be a matter of time. Thanks!

The event leading to Voodoo is unavailable for campaigns with the lowest difficulty level. So if you play on Cap'n Kidd, you are not supposed to access this part of the tech tree.

Neat feature, but nah I'm on blackbeard. My biggest take away from playing cap'n kidd was that the gals were actually just very aggressive paramedics who would shoot people so they had an excuse to practice medicine on them.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: February 18, 2020, 11:42:24 pm »
Will do! And yeah it's probably user error.

When I load your save and go to Ufopedia, category "Mysteries".... I see that you already have the topic "VooDoo".

So which topic exactly are you missing?

Offline spazeroid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: February 18, 2020, 11:45:17 pm »
When I load your save and go to Ufopedia, category "Mysteries".... I see that you already have the topic "VooDoo".

So which topic exactly are you missing?

Voodoo initiation. (http://xpiratez.wtf/xpedia_en-US.html#STR_PSI_INITIATION). Without it I cannot get the more advanced forms of Voodoo or Weirdgals.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7566 on: February 19, 2020, 12:00:23 am »
Voodoo initiation. (http://xpiratez.wtf/xpedia_en-US.html#STR_PSI_INITIATION). Without it I cannot get the more advanced forms of Voodoo or Weirdgals.

The event is already generated and will happen on March 30th 10am.

Code: [Select]
geoscapeEvents:
  - name: STR_SUPERIOR_BEINGS
    spawnCountdown: 6840
  - name: STR_PSI_INITIATION_EVENT                 # <-------------- this one
    spawnCountdown: 18690
  - name: STR_LFS_002
    spawnCountdown: 12480
  - name: STR_KNOCK_KNOCK_HUNTER
    spawnCountdown: 11460
  - name: STR_MAD_SCRIBBLINGS
    spawnCountdown: 9660

Offline spazeroid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: February 19, 2020, 12:20:29 am »
The event is already generated and will happen on March 30th 10am.

Code: [Select]
geoscapeEvents:
  - name: STR_SUPERIOR_BEINGS
    spawnCountdown: 6840
  - name: STR_PSI_INITIATION_EVENT                 # <-------------- this one
    spawnCountdown: 18690
  - name: STR_LFS_002
    spawnCountdown: 12480
  - name: STR_KNOCK_KNOCK_HUNTER
    spawnCountdown: 11460
  - name: STR_MAD_SCRIBBLINGS
    spawnCountdown: 9660
Yep so it does! Thanks for taking the time to solve my silly problem. Super maids here I come!

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: February 19, 2020, 12:53:34 am »
These hunter killers are getting really annoying.
<snip>
Is there any way to deal with this early game or is this just kinda lame at the moment?

Edit: regarding graph watching, there's no way I'm doing that lol.

I guess the K versions are just a bit rough on account of not many people being able to playtest it.  I have to admit I'm not seeing the point of hunter killers being added to piratez.  It seems to be made for mods where you're supposed to be able to shoot down any ship and use interceptors to accompany transports, and this is simply not the case with piratez.

Well some people will watch the graphs in the early game, while many won't.  But choosing not to use a vanilla technique even if it is tedious puts this more in line with a self imposed challenge rather than a mod balance issue.

Graph watching has been brought up before in the little questions thread and Dioxine did address it although not in the context of hunterkillers.  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5345.msg118166.html#msg118166

Offline Jinderius

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: February 22, 2020, 11:21:31 pm »
Im a greedy man, whens the next update?  ;D

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: February 23, 2020, 02:49:11 am »
Next update is already out. Search the russian darkweb for K3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf6fnsg1HlQ

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: February 23, 2020, 12:51:51 pm »
What happened with direct download link? Is there something wrong happened?

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: February 23, 2020, 02:14:37 pm »
Just read the last couple of pages.

Offline georg7490

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7573 on: February 24, 2020, 02:20:17 am »
Please help me to edit in CFG file some options that are become uneditable in game options menu. Pls, don't tell me how it is wrong ang unholly! I know what I want and I want INSTANT GRANADES to become TRUE.
I'm editing options.cfg, saving the file (even tryed to made it ReadOnly) but this option is always getting back to it's locked value (which is False). Please help to break the lock, i need it and i know why!

Also, when I take to the mission 1 (in any soldier's slots) or more grenades which are Activated - they are starting to blow inside the inventory slots of my soldiers right after I end the very first turn... That is so stupid! I want it as it was previously - so I can bring with me to a battleground A LOT of already Activated grenades (to instant, 0 turns explision mode), and just place it one by one into a soldier's hand to trow it one by one (without a need to activate each one of it one by one, as it is for me for now, so stupid).

Please help to unlock this options. If you like it locked - fine, i don't, i'm pretty sure in it, i got my logic, pls let me play how i like!!!

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: February 24, 2020, 05:11:56 am »
Please help me to edit in CFG file some options that are become uneditable in game options menu. Pls, don't tell me how it is wrong ang unholly! I know what I want and I want INSTANT GRANADES to become TRUE.
I'm editing options.cfg, saving the file (even tryed to made it ReadOnly) but this option is always getting back to it's locked value (which is False). Please help to break the lock, i need it and i know why!

Also, when I take to the mission 1 (in any soldier's slots) or more grenades which are Activated - they are starting to blow inside the inventory slots of my soldiers right after I end the very first turn... That is so stupid! I want it as it was previously - so I can bring with me to a battleground A LOT of already Activated grenades (to instant, 0 turns explision mode), and just place it one by one into a soldier's hand to trow it one by one (without a need to activate each one of it one by one, as it is for me for now, so stupid).

Please help to unlock this options. If you like it locked - fine, i don't, i'm pretty sure in it, i got my logic, pls let me play how i like!!!

You sound pretty motivated.  As you discovered, playing with the options.cfg won't cut it.  You'll need to make a small mod, probably only a few lines long.  There are people here who could tell you exactly how to do it, unfortunately I'm not one of them.  However, the information you need is in the forum.  I recommend using the search functionality either here or google to find it.