Author Topic: [SOURCEMOD] Brutal-OXCE 7.12.1  (Read 74927 times)

Offline Bluedrake42

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [SOURCEMOD] Brutal-OXCE 7.12.1
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2024, 07:07:58 pm »
Been playing this mod on 7.11.1

Some suggestions and feedback.

1. When setting aggressiveness for individual soldiers, their aggressiveness settings don't stay persistent when reloading a save game or between missions. It would be great if it was possible to setup aggressiveness states that were permanent... so that way I don't have to reset them every time I load a save or embark on a new mission.

2. Have you thought about also applying AI to interceptors to automate the intercept/dogfight process? I would be interested in potentially automating manufacturing, purchasing, and research options too. Could potentially make the entirety of XCOM and "idle" strategy game which is appealing to me.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 08, 2024, 09:53:17 am »
2. Have you thought about also applying AI to interceptors to automate the intercept/dogfight process? I would be interested in potentially automating manufacturing, purchasing, and research options too. Could potentially make the entirety of XCOM and "idle" strategy game which is appealing to me.

If you automate all aspects of the game, then what should the player do? Just sit back and watch the game play itself? :)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 08, 2024, 11:08:34 am »
Been playing this mod on 7.11.1

Some suggestions and feedback.

1. When setting aggressiveness for individual soldiers, their aggressiveness settings don't stay persistent when reloading a save game or between missions. It would be great if it was possible to setup aggressiveness states that were permanent... so that way I don't have to reset them every time I load a save or embark on a new mission.

I don't think 7.11.1 already had configurable individual soldier-aggressiveness. I assumed they were permanent and stored in the soldier-object. But this code is not from me, so I'll have to check. I just recently changed the default to 3 as otherwise it's very likely they stall.
If they don't remember the value they were changed to, I'd consider it a bug anyways.

The soldier automation was mostly included for testing-purposes, so I don't have to play out all missions manually. It also was a low-hanging-fruit as I just had to make it possible to use the already existing alien-AI for them anyways.
Threre is no Geoscape-AI for the aliens and if there were, it would probably be playing a very different game to the player anyways. So modifying the entire game to play itself really isn't something I'm willing to do.

Offline eXalted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 12, 2024, 11:29:14 pm »
I've been having so much (a little masochistic) fun with the mod, nice work!

Wanted to signal a small issue when the "Alternate craft equipment management" option is enabled. It seems the columns are slightly off:

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2024, 11:06:05 am »
I never tried this feature. Gotta compare it with how it works in regular OXCE. I vaguely remember someone making a CR related to right-aligned text-orientation to make numbers better comparable.  Guess he might have overlooked this part.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 14, 2024, 01:31:13 am »
Must be my "number right alignment" feature. Need to make more space for last column.

From the other hand, it seems that the number could either have or not have slash with following difference. In this case I am not sure it needs to be right aligned at all. Yes, it will look misaligned for 1 and 2 digit numbers mix but with this slash character they are not numbers anymore but strings.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 01:33:07 am by Alpha Centauri Bear »

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 23, 2024, 08:27:08 pm »
apparently it seems has a bug on "powerRangeReduction" hook witch the algorithm doesn't work properly, as you can see the chainsaw has the powerRangeReductionset set to reduce 99 power points after the 3rd tile however the weapon's power still remains, i don't know it is a setup you can tweak on the engine but this happens with any weapon within any mod witch has setup to to trigger the power Reduction

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 23, 2024, 08:57:33 pm »
apparently it seems has a bug on "powerRangeReduction" hook witch the algorithm doesn't work properly, as you can see the chainsaw has the powerRangeReductionset set to reduce 99 power points after the 3rd tile however the weapon's power still remains, i don't know it is a setup you can tweak on the engine but this happens with any weapon within any mod witch has setup to to trigger the power Reduction
This doesn't sound particularly AI-related. Does it work as intended in regular OXCE?

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 23, 2024, 09:13:00 pm »
100%, i can test on another mod if you want to
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 09:18:42 pm by Reuged »

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 23, 2024, 09:23:49 pm »
Are you using the "Realistic accuracy and cover-system" option?

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 23, 2024, 09:28:36 pm »
no, it has to?

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 23, 2024, 09:32:21 pm »
no, it has to?
No. Just trying to rule things out.

I see you are using the absolute latest version of OXCE 7.12.2.
I haven't released a version yet that is updated to this.

Did this work properly in OXCE before 7.12.2? Is this functionality related to "y-script"?

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2024, 09:35:36 pm »
you mean on 7.12.1 ???

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 23, 2024, 09:55:54 pm »
there

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 23, 2024, 09:58:09 pm »
you mean on 7.12.1 ???
I'm trying to figure out whether this could be something that was just fixed in the latest version of OXCE. If so, I could stop trying to figure out what's going on here. Other than that, I've never heard of this kind of feature before and am also pretty sure I haven't made any changes to code that should mess with it.

However, BrokenRegistry probably has.