aliens

Author Topic: Grenade shortcut  (Read 673 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Grenade shortcut
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 02:51:39 pm »
Now, as a player, the only thing I would like to see more straightforward would be a way to eliminate the turn counter when priming the grenade. I have only seen it used once (in Stone Lake's XCF streams) and never used anything except 0 myself. IIRC BAI already does this.
It's an option under advanced=>boxce=>Battlescape and called something like "One click grenade priming" or the likes. With this option enabled you can skip the part where you select the amount of turns till explode and it will be set to 0 for everything you prime.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 02:56:31 pm »
I apologize in advance if I'm expressing the idea in a confused way.
Is there a possibility to reconfigure grenades without in-depth knowledge of the code and changing the fork? Just if the settings are tied to the types of grenades I would be able to change the necessary grenades just by editing them in the "ruleset".
I was planning to replace a proximity grenade with a disarm grenade
Unfortunately I think the answer is no. Alpha Centauri Bear likely only supported the grenade-types present in the base-game with this feature. Other grenades might be misidentified.
Properly supporting them too would require some additional logic to identify them by and an additional hotkey-slot to assign them to.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 04:10:40 pm »
Correct. Shortcuts are automating biscuits logic. Not only Greenacres type but all the actions on checking whether grenade is inventory, what type, primed already, and on and on. Essentially just an action script. I programed it for vanilla item set.

Can be redone for ogre sets but not customizable.

Meridian is right that it may be not good to force all player to this automation. However, it is not forced. Player ca use it or not.