By popular request, I’ve moved all the OpenXcom translations over to Transifex. Whether you’re an existing or new translator, you’ll need to sign up on the new website to be able to continue contributing translations to OpenXcom. I recommend starting out as Translators until your language team finds a need for the higher roles.
Note that the Git Builds don’t support the new translation system yet. Do not report bugs from trying to use the new language files with the Git Builds.
Some of the new features compared to the old site:
- User roles: For each language, there are Translators, which are allowed to suggest/vote/comment translations. Above them are the Reviewers, which can pick, edit and effectively “lock” translations, finalizing a given string. Finally at the top are the Coordinators, who accept/reject users, control their roles, etc. More info here.
- Looks shiny.
- Suggestion system instead of vote system so nobody unilaterally dominates a language.
- Search and filters that actually work.
- Better editor with support for plurals, comparing translations, string details, comparing languages, validating tags, etc.
- Notifications that don’t spam your inbox.
- Translators can download/upload files themselves.
- More features for translators to organize themselves like comments/forums/glossary/history/etc.
- And so on.