After 8 months of hard work it’s finally here! Be sure to uninstall any old versions first and read the Documentation carefully for any new features.
- Craft rearming.
- Craft equipping.
- Base transfers.
- Battle turns.
- Item equipping, firing, throwing.
- Environment: fire, smoke, explosions, damage, kills.
- Unit stats.
- AI Phase 1 (patrol, aggro).
- New languages: Czech, English (UK), Polish, Romanian, Russian.
- Support for custom font characters and full Unicode.
- Platform-specific folders.
- Partial Ufopaedia.
- Externalized soldier names.
- Nag screen only shows once.
- Swapped F5 and F12 keys.
- Movable caret in text input.
- Bug in Geoscape pathfinding.
- Incorrect language names.
- Cross-platform bug when loading PCK files.
- Invisible loading errors.
- Incorrect mouse events.
- Missing strings.
- Various UI issues.
- Various translation issues.
- Bug in craft rearming.
- FPS Counter didn’t always show up properly.
- Crash sites didn’t vanish properly.
- Failing to load a game could crash the Geoscape.
- Games weren’t always saved properly.
- Monthly report didn’t show correct date.
- Crafts in base view weren’t positioned correctly.
- Music loading issues.
- Various battlescape fixes.
- Various performance improvements.
And as usual, the known issues:
- Battlescape is still in a “sandbox” mode, so missions never end and anything you do in it won’t carry over to the Geoscape. Take advantage of it!
- Geoscape sidebar isn’t translated in all languages.
- You can’t minimize dogfights.
- UFOs are nerfed to make them easier to intercept.
- Screenshots are saved in BMP since it doesn’t require libraries. DO NOT share them in this format, convert them to something sane like PNG/JPG first.
P.S. We also got our own shiny domain now, update your links accordingly. 🙂