After 8 months of hard work it’s finally here! Be sure to uninstall any old versions first and read the Documentation carefully for any new features.
- Craft rearming.
- Craft equipping.
- Base transfers.
- Battle turns.
- Item equipping, firing, throwing.
- Environment: fire, smoke, explosions, damage, kills.
- Unit stats.
- AI Phase 1 (patrol, aggro).
- New languages: Czech, English (UK), Polish, Romanian, Russian.
- Support for custom font characters and full Unicode.
- Platform-specific folders.
- Partial Ufopaedia.
- Externalized soldier names.
- Nag screen only shows once.
- Swapped F5 and F12 keys.
- Movable caret in text input.
- Bug in Geoscape pathfinding.
- Incorrect language names.
- Cross-platform bug when loading PCK files.
- Invisible loading errors.
- Incorrect mouse events.
- Missing strings.
- Various UI issues.
- Various translation issues.
- Bug in craft rearming.
- FPS Counter didn’t always show up properly.
- Crash sites didn’t vanish properly.
- Failing to load a game could crash the Geoscape.
- Games weren’t always saved properly.
- Monthly report didn’t show correct date.
- Crafts in base view weren’t positioned correctly.
- Music loading issues.
- Various battlescape fixes.
- Various performance improvements.
And as usual, the known issues:
- Battlescape is still in a “sandbox” mode, so missions never end and anything you do in it won’t carry over to the Geoscape. Take advantage of it!
- Geoscape sidebar isn’t translated in all languages.
- You can’t minimize dogfights.
- UFOs are nerfed to make them easier to intercept.
- Screenshots are saved in BMP since it doesn’t require libraries. DO NOT share them in this format, convert them to something sane like PNG/JPG first.
P.S. We also got our own shiny domain now, update your links accordingly. 🙂
This is so very cool! Keep up the good work!
Wow, great work!! 🙂
Makes me wonder when will I have the time to contribute something to the project…
Yay, so much process! This is great!
Guess I’ll have to quit my job once this game is finished. ^_^
Oh, and finally a domain even I can remember! 🙂
nice work i will download it !
Wow, nice…I don’t think I remember seeing snow…maybe it’s just been awhile. Also it this using any scalers? It seemed smoother looking than I seemed to remember.
One possible addition (after 1.0 of course), it would be awesome to be able to “right-click” on items in inventories (or store) and pull up the UFOpedia entry if there is one. Then when it closes, you’re returned to the inventory screen/store screen/whatever
Not working with ubuntu 10.04. But windows version works with wine. Nice.
Have you tried compiling it yourself? Pre-compiled version probably only works on specific setups…
I dowloaded and installed the version 0.3 and copied the xcom ufo defense sub folders in data folder. I opened the game in the screen instead of research it writes N/A and instead of manufacture it writes N/A. I tried earlier versions, i can see research but can not change anything same problem with the manufacture screen. Please help thank you