Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 184164 times)

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #150 on: November 10, 2015, 02:26:09 am »
Hey neuralshock! Welcome aboard.

Offline Gunner-chan

• Sergeant
  • Kero kero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2016, 02:03:11 am »
Wow I realized I forgot to post in here.

Hello, longtime lurker, semi recent join. ... Wow june last year? I didn't even remember I registered here till I saw I was logged on.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2016, 09:47:43 pm »
Hello Gunner-chan! Enjoy your stay.

Offline atombender

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2016, 05:24:42 am »
Hello everyone.

I'm from NY, USA -

I still go back to this game, even having XBOX 360 and a PS3.

Great project! 

Offline Bloax

• Colonel
  • do you want to be any of those things
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:18 am »
Have fun around here.

Offline harre

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2016, 09:55:08 pm »
I got i touch with Terror from the Deep first when I was a child so that's always been the best game of the two so I was always lurking this page for TFTD support and ability to import my old save that I have grown tired of after all micro management.

Now I'm able to play a little now and then and I just love that the game is like the original but with just small additions.

Offline GeoMan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:20 am »
Greetings! I grew up with Microprose games (one of them was XCOM) and it is nice to be able to play it again in my PC (and even Android tablet) with more options and increased screen size (and without having to setup DOSbox).

Keep up the good work!

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2016, 10:46:15 pm »
Now I'm able to play a little now and then and I just love that the game is like the original but with just small additions.

small additions ...???  :o

Do you looked at the hhigh quality great mods ?

FMP, Redux, Piratez, Hardmod, XenoOperation ... ;)

Each of them deserves to be played several times !!!!

Offline denialb

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2016, 04:42:27 am »
Hello everybody,

I played Xcom: UFO Defense back in the 3.5 in floppy days. Yes I am American and yes I am still jealous of the original box art for UFO: Enemy Unknown. Recalling that magical moment when I inserted that disk brings back many memories of pain and joy. I downloaded XCom off steam looking to reconnect with those childhood memories. Then I found you. Glorious OpenXcom. Wanted to post in here and chat while I explore all the wonders that the modding community has created.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2016, 07:30:16 am »
Welcome to OXC, Chummers :D We're happy to have you here!

Offline Bionic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2016, 10:10:12 am »
Hi.

I'm Bionic and I live in Sweden. I used to play the original as a kid and I've always remembered it as one of my best gaming experiences. I distinctly remember the first time I ever saw a Muton!

One day I saw the game on steam and thought I'd give it another try. It was still as good as ever, but it wasn't precisely a smooth experience on a new machine. Then I found this project and it was like spooning Santa Claus. The customability, the modding!  It's almost too good to be true. My free time is suffering severely, please send help.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2016, 05:37:53 am »
Hi.

I'm Bionic and I live in Sweden. I used to play the original as a kid and I've always remembered it as one of my best gaming experiences. I distinctly remember the first time I ever saw a Muton!

One day I saw the game on steam and thought I'd give it another try. It was still as good as ever, but it wasn't precisely a smooth experience on a new machine. Then I found this project and it was like spooning Santa Claus. The customability, the modding!  It's almost too good to be true. My free time is suffering severely, please send help.

Welcome, be joined by the world of xcom addicts, i know the feeling of my free time suffering severly to well.

Hm.. Mutons you say. We have loads of Mutons here in the forum, Muton Leaders, Muton Commanders, Muton Elites, Muton Snipers, Muton Berserkers etc... loads of Mutons armed to the theeth and ready for payback.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2016, 09:07:20 pm »
Hello all,

I used to watch my friend play TFTD on Windows 95 when I was super young. That game terrified me! Then in high school another friend let me start on his saved campaign for UFO defense on easy. Frankly, I didn't know what I was doing, but I played for like a year IRL before I finally went to Cydonia. He already had the avenger when he first gave me the save file. I was quite the noob.

Then in 2012 I replayed TFTD on veteran start to finish after I had just quit my job. I didn't do anything for about 2.5 weeks. It was so great. It would've been faster but I had a stint where I had to play almost 20 full base defense missions against lobster men and bio-drones while I waited for the bombardment shield to finish. That was just awful. Truly awful. I don't deserve the win anyway because I save scummed my way through the whole game. I'm not proud of it. How else could I finish the defense missions?

A few months ago I randomly decided to look up the OST on youtube because I thought it would be fun to hear the music again. I noticed a few LPs and then realized what was going on. I can't tell you how exciting it was to see that there has been this lively community of Xcom fans developing the game and modding it. I finally bought a new gaming laptop and I am super anxious to get started. No save scumming this time! I promise!

First things first: where do I go to donate money to the people who host this forum? I already gave $40 USD to the Openxcom.org post that is currently on the front page. Maybe somebody could tell me who the most deserving modder is? Please be objective. I am not an idiot who wants to toss away money. I truly value the work everyone is doing here, and I think it's only fair that I contribute in exchange for the hours and hours of enjoyment I would get from openxcom.

So, I am still a little lost. Since I am not up-to-date on news, etc. could somebody please tell me where I can find the latest and most stable version of UFO Defense? I think I would also like the final mod pack, which looks like it includes tons of additional content. Basically, I know very little about programming, so I am hoping to just install the game as if I bought it off the shelf with not much digging into the inner workings. I am patient, though, so if I have to tweak some things I will learn how to do it.

Thanks a lot, everyone! And shout out to Meridian for his TFTD and Openxcom FMP Let's Plays!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:32:30 pm by long6oarder »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2016, 09:37:32 pm »
Hello all,

My name is Chase and I live in Omaha, Nebraska. I used to watch my friend play TFTD on Windows 95 when I was super young. That game terrified me! Then in high school another friend let me start on his saved campaign for UFO defense on easy. Frankly, I didn't know what I was doing, but I played for like a year IRL before I finally went to Cydonia. He already had the avenger when he first gave me the save file. I was quite the noob.

Then in 2012 I replayed TFTD on veteran start to finish after I had just quit my job. I didn't do anything for about 2.5 weeks. It was so great. It would've been faster but I had a stint where I had to play almost 20 full base defense missions against lobster men and bio-drones while I waited for the bombardment shield to finish. That was just awful. Truly awful. I don't deserve the win anyway because I save scummed my way through the whole game. I'm not proud of it. How else could I finish the defense missions?

A few months ago I randomly decided to look up the OST on youtube because I thought it would be fun to hear the music again. I noticed a few LPs and then realized what was going on. I can't tell you how exciting it was to see that there has been this lively community of Xcom fans developing the game and modding it. I finally bought a new gaming laptop and I am super anxious to get started. No save scumming this time! I promise!

Hello meat shield new guy ;)

First things first: where do I go to donate money to the people who host this forum? I already gave $40 USD to the Openxcom.org post that is currently on the front page. Maybe somebody could tell me who the most deserving modder is? Please be objective. I am not an idiot who wants to toss away money. I truly value the work everyone is doing here, and I think it's only fair that I contribute in exchange for the hours and hours of enjoyment I would get from openxcom.

Jo5hua is the one hosting the forums. As for the modders, I don't think anyone here is receiving donations, and as for the most deserving, there would be a long list of them ;)

So, I am still a little lost. Since I am not up-to-date on news, etc. could somebody please tell me where I can find the latest and most stable version of UFO Defense?

The original games are all available for sell on Steam

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2016, 10:50:36 pm »
Jo5hua is the one hosting the forums. As for the modders, I don't think anyone here is receiving donations, and as for the most deserving, there would be a long list of them ;)
AFAIK Jo5hua is hosting mod portal (and recently https://ufopaedia.org), forum is hosted by NineX.