Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 184104 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 08:33:05 am »
Hello Muerte,

Sorry for the following but is better for communication

Bienvenido a OXC, si necesitas ayuda en algo me puedes preguntar. hay dos versiones de la traduccion en español, La version "Española" y la version "Latino Americana"  se creo por desacuerdos de los traductores, bueno si tienes alguna pregunta dejame saber. 

Like i said sorry hopefully Sup doesn't ban me :P

and welcome everyone!!!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:19 am »
Speaking non-English is fine as long as you understand each other (and I can totally read that :P).

Offline NineX

• Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 01:00:08 pm »
Speaking non-English is fine as long as you understand each other (and I can totally read that :P).

the internet is dominated by poles!
Więc jedynym słusznym językiem w Internecie powinien być POLSKI!

;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2014, 12:28:20 am »
Another Pole here. Michał, 33 years old, living in Cracow. A sociologist by education, I spent most of my career in office environment. Now some friends and I are trying to enter computer game market, with results to be seen.

I am a zealous modder; my greatest success is the Forever Future mod for Civilization: Call to Power, which I made with Dioxine (also on this forum); you can get the mod Forever Future 1.7 for here. I am also a wannabe game designer, hoping to publish an RPG rulebook soon.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2014, 02:34:42 am »
hi my name is thomas i have 20 and im from venezuela(my english is awful sorry for that  :-X).
 I study medicine on day and and play good old games on night(except when im not studyng) i m a relative a new member but i had been lurking on this forum for about 6 months and i get fascinated about this project, xcom represent a lot of memories from my chilhood so i really want to say thanks to all coders,artist, moders and all the people who make this possible  :D b

i have to say that even when i have a decent nvidia 660 gtx im still playing games like monkey island(blame you le chuck i blaaaaamee you!) syndicate, fallout (1,2,tactics),crash bandicoot,resident evil 2 and 3 and obviously xcom!
my first experience was on tftd...my cousin let me do a a cruiser terror mission against lobsterman(now when i think about it...it was very mean :/) it was brutal...creepy....DARK!.horrible...morbid...the music still make chills goes trhought my spine x'D...but even with that i fell in love with it...then tryed the first one and it was the best game i played ever..i get the new one(the 2012) and i had to say...i wasnt bad...but...i wasnt even so god like the classic one...so again thanks for keeping the magic alive, i cant even wait what  you have on mind to improve this further  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:50:16 pm by blackwolf »

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »
And another Pole here, but how could I missed this topic? :O

English:
Welcome English and non-English users!. I'm Piter432 on forum. In real life my name is Piotr Karol Żółtowski (surname without Polish signs: Zoltowski). I'm 16 years old and born in Polish city called Zawiercie and I'm living Kromołów (in English: Kromolow). What is my hobby? Of course Technology like games, computers, laptops, etc., but  I'm also interested in music from video games (mainly from old video games) and I very like translating games (like OpenXcom ;] ) or extensions for browsers :P

Polish:
Cześć rodacy! Jestem Piter432, a w życiu prywatnym nazywam się Piotr Karol Żółtowski. Mam 16 lat i urodziłem się w Zawierciu, ale mieszkam w Kromołowie. Jakie mam hobby? Oczywiście, że Technologiczne, czyli komputery, laptopy, itd., ale jestem zainteresowany również muzyką z gier wideo (głównie z tych starych), a także oczywiście uwielbiam tłumaczyć gry (np. OpenXcom ;] ) lub rozszerzenia do przeglądarek :P

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »
Hello Everyone!

My name is Péter, from Hungary, I'm thirtysomething and I have been clean from this addictive substance of openXcom for 16 hours.
A big "thank you" to all the guys contributing to the project!

Offline Phreeze

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:39 pm »
Hi, I'm Tom from Luxembourg (yeah that tiny country somewhere lost in Europe), I'm "25+" (we all celebrate our 25+ birthdays :P ) aka 30 and I discovered OpenXCOM as the original Xcoms were always my favorite games, together with Transport Tycoon. I was doing the luxembourgish translation of openTTD (only translator, as i am too for OXC), and i was looking for other open version of my favorite oldschool games, besides openttd, free/opencol, openciv and so i found open xcom :) My translation is going on slowly, as i do not have that much time, and i'm basically translating while waiting for other games to load (dota2 finding a match.., hearthstone while opponent takes a year to play a card.). My biggest hope in this project is, that i'll finish the translation in a short time and that at some time, there's a proper open graphic set released for the game, so we don't need that copy paste anymore.

(btw: openTTD has an eeexcellent ingame "mod" selector, with a mod-manager etc., that would be a nice +value for laaater versions of xcom).

Btw: Am I the only Microprose fan that was actually reading all those fat manuals (houndreds of printed pages) ? Railroad tycoon, grand prix1/2, xcom etc. ? :)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2014, 07:54:38 pm »
Btw: Am I the only Microprose fan that was actually reading all those fat manuals (houndreds of printed pages) ? Railroad tycoon, grand prix1/2, xcom etc. ? :)
Nope. :P

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2014, 04:21:20 am »
Hey Tom and Peter. Welcome both of you ;) glad to see more older fans in here. I'm in my late 20s :)

We all cherish our X-COM memories in here, so feel free and open threads about anything X-COM.

Offline Incognito

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2014, 08:06:09 am »
Well lets see.

I'm a kiwi, with aspirations of becoming an indie game developer, than usually never getting past lots of 'bright ideas' such as how I'd remake X-Com and what not. One day I hope to get my act together and get some motivation to do one of my many ideas ... till than, I'll play the original/openxcom and maybe tinker around with rulesets and bug people with silly ideas on forums.

Offline LouisdeFuines

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 02:35:13 am »
Ok, so for me:

My name is Artur (yes, without the "h") :-).

I was born 1979 in Poland (Katowice) and moved 1983 to Germany, near Cologne.

That was with my mother and my sister. My father "fled" (time of the Iron Curtain) one year ago to Germany, so that rest of the family joined him in 1983.

I consider myself being a german, since I live since 31 years here :-)

After having successfully studied german laws I decided to take on carrer for the authorities in the social branch.

Like probably many of you I have been risen with computers: C20, C64, Amiga 500, PC-DOS.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:37:24 am by LouisdeFuines »

Offline Mustang

• Sergeant
  • Megapol Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2014, 06:14:40 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm Mustang.

I recognize SupSuper from the xcomufo forums I frequented when I was ~12, looks like he's been up to a lot, hah. This time around I just finished my fourth year at university for software development, so I'd like to take a look around the code of Open X-Com and see what I can do. I've got summer ahead of me and I gotta stay sharp on my C++ :P

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2014, 10:11:30 pm »
Hey everyone, I'm Mustang.

I recognize SupSuper from the xcomufo forums I frequented when I was ~12, looks like he's been up to a lot, hah. This time around I just finished my fourth year at university for software development, so I'd like to take a look around the code of Open X-Com and see what I can do. I've got summer ahead of me and I gotta stay sharp on my C++ :P
Hey mustang, I remember you! Weren't you in one of the xcomufo x-com games back in the day? :) Wonder if there's any more oldies from those forums hanging around.

Offline Mustang

• Sergeant
  • Megapol Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 04:42:08 am »
Hey mustang, I remember you! Weren't you in one of the xcomufo x-com games back in the day? :) Wonder if there's any more oldies from those forums hanging around.
Sure was! I know j'ordos still hangs around that forum and continues to update his Apoc utility but I'm not sure about any of the other guys, I haven't visited there in several years :P