Author Topic: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.8.1d Anarchic Anachronism)  (Read 51278 times)

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.5 Shadow of the Lotus)
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2022, 04:26:53 pm »
New version integrates all the optional things to avoid having to bugfix them separately, it's mostly the reason why I release something and it breaks day 0 so I figured why not just bundle it together, they're easily separated in the folders if you wish to disable them

I am aware of the palette issues for the new Flare Turret, I don't have much time right now but that's next on the list

0.7.5c
  - Removed Dragonfly's lighting so your units can do night missions a lot easier (In the future I might replace these with toggleable flashlights like the Shadowstorm does)
  - Added smoke ammo to the flare dispensers on the Shadowstorm
  - Fixed the wrong image being used for the Flare Turret's ufopaedia article
  - Added ufopaedia articles for both new muton units
  - Fixed muton berserker's sprite
  - Fixed muton berserker's AI and weapon, should now be ...a bit more terrifying
  - Updated the anti self damage script for muton berserker
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:29:07 am by 8mono »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2022, 12:23:58 am »
I am aware of the palette issues for the new Flare Turret, I don't have much time right now but that's next on the list

Here is a edit of your CraftFlareTurret.png & floorob_CraftFlareTurret.png that hopefully may save you a bit of time.

The colours have been changed slightly on the effected areas, I tried to keep them near the gray tone of the original:

(Original)

(Edited)

I think the reason this was happening was that you had used colours from this selection:

Although part of the palette these darker gray colours appear to have special uses and that bottom row on the palette should be avoided when possible. (From what I've read anyway.)

Also if you use that dark gray it can end up automatically converting into the black/white row from the palette unexpectedly.

(Before Conversion to Battlescape palette)

(After Conversion to Battlescape palette)

Keep up the good work 8mono, your XCom Files Arsenal Additions continues to impress with every update.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:28:08 am by The Martian »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2022, 01:20:33 am »
Some detail was lost when I tried shifting it to the white/black palette row:

Here is an alternate version that tries to retain that shading effect by substituting the dark gray palette row for colours from the alloy/purple selection:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 01:23:40 am by The Martian »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2022, 08:01:47 pm »
Here is a edit of your CraftFlareTurret.png & floorob_CraftFlareTurret.png that hopefully may save you a bit of time.

The colours have been changed slightly on the effected areas, I tried to keep them near the gray tone of the original:

(Original)

(Edited)

I think the reason this was happening was that you had used colours from this selection:

Although part of the palette these darker gray colours appear to have special uses and that bottom row on the palette should be avoided when possible. (From what I've read anyway.)

Also if you use that dark gray it can end up automatically converting into the black/white row from the palette unexpectedly.

(Before Conversion to Battlescape palette)

(After Conversion to Battlescape palette)

Keep up the good work 8mono, your XCom Files Arsenal Additions continues to impress with every update.

Thanks a bunch! the darker colors strike again... I've been running some of the older sprites through the palettes again and swapping the transparency, since it's grabbing the dark shades as transparency, I found out how to export them correctly from GIMP now, I will most definately be using these so thanks again!

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2022, 08:02:36 pm »
The thrilling conclusion to the Cult Convoy saga is over, 0.7.6 will be up in a few moments
0.7.6 EXALT Escalation
  - Added Motorcycle as a valid vehicle for infiltration missions
  - Fixed dumb script error (Missed a period)
  - Added missing strings
  - Fixed Heavy Riot Suit's spritesheet (Elbow was missing a few pixels)
  - Added EXALT and Black Lotus Cult surveys
  - Added Cult Survey ufopaedia article
  - Streamlined the different Cult Boxes into a single article each to save ufopaedia space
  - Streamlined the way you start Cult Convoys, previously you needed to research each specific Cult Convoy entry they now unlock as soon as you research the first generic one and the respective cult's operations research
  - Revamped UAC SMG into a 2-handed pistol UAC pistol with 2-shot auto fire and higher magazine capacity (Experimental)
  - The exciting conclusion! EXALT Convoys are now here!
  - More LWP Sprite fixes for Ufopaedia and Inventory images
  - Added Exotic Ammo dependancy for KS-23M Exotic Ammo, but reduced the research time a bit
  - Added new music to Osiron Hacienda
  - Palette/Sprite fixes for the Craft Flare Turret (done by The Martian)
  - Added missing Ufopaedia articles for church of dagon cult convoy units

Offline Praevasc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.6 EXALT Escalation)
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2022, 08:53:33 am »
Maybe I missed something, but the description says it's for X-Com Files 2.2.
But 2.2 is not yet released. Isn't the official version still 2.1?

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2022, 09:02:38 am »
Maybe I missed something, but the description says it's for X-Com Files 2.2.
But 2.2 is not yet released. Isn't the official version still 2.1?

I think I should specify it's the OXCE version that XCF 2.2 uses (the one on github and not officially out yet) rather than making it exclusively compatible for XCF 2.2
But yes, 2.1 is the official version... it's a bit confusing I need to edit that later for clarity

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2022, 09:48:18 am »
The last update for a while, I will be taking a break from modding so I can get used to my new job. After that though I will be focusing more on cleaning up the mod, consistency as well as the ufopaedia articles and other things  that aren't necessarily core gameplay

0.7.7 It's fun to stay at the M.A.G.M.A. Corporation
  - Added Pulse Sniper Rifle and M.A.G.M.A. Launcher
  - Added EXALT illegal requisition files
  - Changed the way I added entries to existing content so I don't overwrite them (Commendations, Research topics, Items, etc)
  - Removed duplicate ammo box manufacture entry
  - Fixed a music track error on one of the EXALT convoys
  - Removed Muton Berserkers from the Hostage mission (Oops)
  - Added Gas Sturmpistole Clip
  - Added Gas Mortar and Mini-Mortar
  - Fixed Cult Generic Weapon Boxes
  - Cleaned up Ruleset folder
  - Removed Flame Gloves from assasins during a convoy (Oops x2)
  - Made AP Ammo unlock more noticeable, now each specific ammo is locked behind their respective cult
      5.56 = EXALT
      7.62/5.45 = Red Dawn
      QBU-88 = Black Lotus
      HKMP5/HKMP5K/FN FAL = Church Of Dagon
  - Further balancing of BlackOps Auto-Shotgun's exotic ammo (DB severly nerfed, Frag-12 radius' increased but power reduced, 50% damage fall off from center)
  - Cult survey debriefing now only shows for the cult you unlocked
  - Added weapons to new commendations
  - Added Breaching Charges to a new item category so they dont clutter your auto-equip
  - Further refinements to the Hostage Rescue maps,
  - Fixed wrong shotgun ammo for Hostage Enemy deployments

Offline Praevasc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.7 EXALT Escalation+)
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2022, 03:10:58 pm »
I just tried this with the recently released 2.2 version of the main mod. I get the following error at start:

[ERROR]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Explosives/medgasexplosion.wav): requested file not found.

It seems the "resound" mod is required. After adding that mod, the crash no longer happens.
Maybe you should add it to the description as a requirement?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:44:07 pm by Praevasc »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.7 EXALT Escalation+)
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2022, 09:38:54 pm »
I just tried this with the recently released 2.2 version of the main mod. I get the following error at start:

[ERROR]   FileRecord::at(Resources/Explosives/medgasexplosion.wav): requested file not found.

It seems the "resound" mod is required. After adding that mod, the crash no longer happens.
Maybe you should add it to the description as a requirement?

Just got reports from this error, you shouldn't need to use the mod. When I get on my computer I'll fix whatever's missing. I do recommend using the resound mod in general, its pretty good.

Edit: Found the error, it's pretty dumb I missed adding the Resound folder in resources so its using the original one I'll upload a fix in a bit
Edit Edit: Done!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 11:04:02 pm by 8mono »

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.8 EXALT Escalation+)
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2022, 01:17:14 am »
The fixes are much more comprehensive than described, and also involved some errors that were present since version 0.2
- Added NSW Heavy Machine Gun, unlocked by doing one of the Warehouses
- Added Tracer (not to be confused with Tracite) ammo for the HMG and NSV conventional ammo, slightly less armor effectiveness but can sometimes ignite the places hit, providing some illumination or morale damage
- Riot Vest unlocked a bit earlier, you only need to discover one network now
- All Convoys have been fully converted to the new spawn system, you shouldn't notice much differences
- Fixed compatibility regarding alienRaces changes in 2.2 (Missing Host previously and some others)
- Fixed missing sprites
- Fixed issues with the M3 Greasegun and enemies appearing without ammo
- All 3 Heavy Lasers have had a buff, they now cause a small AOE, inflict armor damage but are slower to fire and harder to aim

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [submod] XCom Files Arsenal Additions (ver 0.7.8 EXALT Escalation++)
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2022, 04:41:16 am »
So, I tried the latest version, but I got this error in the process.

[ERROR]   During linking rulesets of research:
Error processing 'STR_RIOT_VEST_BUY' in research: Unknown research 'STR_ANY_CULT_NETWORK'

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2022, 04:43:43 am »
So, I tried the latest version, but I got this error in the process.

[ERROR]   During linking rulesets of research:
Error processing 'STR_RIOT_VEST_BUY' in research: Unknown research 'STR_ANY_CULT_NETWORK'

Ahh my bad, that's a research topic from the Github version of XCFiles. You can download that or wait a few minutes while I patch it to work with the normal version.

Edit: It's done, both the version on the forum and mod.io are patched to work now
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 04:57:49 am by 8mono »

Offline Praevasc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2022, 09:38:40 pm »
What is the name of the motorbike? I tried searching for it in-game on the research screen ("select topic"), as "motor" or "bike", but couldn't find it. The Stratofortress is in the list, so this submod has to be active.

Offline 8mono

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2022, 04:51:50 am »
What is the name of the motorbike? I tried searching for it in-game on the research screen ("select topic"), as "motor" or "bike", but couldn't find it. The Stratofortress is in the list, so this submod has to be active.
It won't appear since it's not a research topic but rather unlocked as part of the private transport. If you unlock the private car it should be unlocked as well