Author Topic: New Battle doesn't work well for Cult Safehouses in X-Com Files  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I have a question on "New Battle" option in Open X-Com with X-Com Files mod.

The game offers a possibility to play any type of battlescape mission right from the first menu -- with the "New Battle" button. This message describes how to quickly find needed mission type -- https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9510.msg137189.html#msg137189

I'm trying to play STR_CULT_INVESTIGATION_ZSRR "Cult safehouse" mission with STR_ZSRR "Red Dawn" faction. Sometimes new battle crashes before equip screen, sometimes not. In the latter cases the terrain is not OK -- it is Moon. Moreover, unit placement is strange: big group of them is placed outside of safehouses.

Is it possible to train that Red Dawn's safehouses via New Battle just like they appear during normal play?

I'm on X-Com Files v2.4.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: New Battle doesn't work well for Cult Safehouses in X-Com Files
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 01:27:38 pm »
The terrain is picked from the Geoscape texture. When no texture is available, Moon is used. I specifically chose Moon to immediately notice if something is wrong with the mission generation.

But you can easily alter your relevant deployment (in this case STR_CULT_INVESTIGATION_ZSRR) and change MOON into something else, for example FOREST. It shouldn't even have any impact from the game, since default terrain is ignored (as the terrain is taken from the globe).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile