Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 103849 times)

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #135 on: March 01, 2022, 10:44:36 pm »
Sry but there s something super broken in case of the GSC...I get xeno cult mission and I get like 4-5x GSC Sistars...but that I need like 2x krak missiles and 3x Melta gun hits to take out one sistar (more then a Terminator), it is insane also the GSC genestealers are like WTF I had a Sistar heavy bolter sentinel using his 8 time units attack on one like 5x and it was not going down...it came to the sentinel a licked it to death LOL ....some balancing is needed gents...

Offline noflic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2022, 12:05:50 am »
Edit: Never mind, I'd missed the obvious "requires OXCE 7.5.3" at the top of the update post.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 09:39:36 pm by noflic »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2022, 07:34:26 pm »
Webbers are not limited for Sisters. It requires STR_MIDTIER_PREREQ though. Capture a webber weapon, research it, research midtier and you can research STR_WEBBER.

The GSC Medicae are tough, but you do not require Krak/Melta to take them down. Form a tight cordon in your spawn and focus fire on them, lasguns will weaken their armor if you got 'em, otherwise bolters should be able to pen.
Also, their front armor is 80 but their rear armor is 40, and their under armor is 30. They have a 20% weakness to melee damage.

In other news, Filip H showed how to take down an entire GSC Space Hulk with 4 Scout Marines yesterday, first month.

Live build currently testing 1.07B Nurgle Cultists, Zombies and ~Midwives~ (spent the past weeks doing the sprite art for them), which are a nasty combo.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2022, 09:25:31 pm »
it was only one mission where I saw such anomalies...

since then I got like 3-4x missions with GSC and using AP ammo, Lucius lasguns, etc. I could defeat them
also the Sistar Heavy Bolter Sentinel was pretty good against them

question in regards of Pure blood G's do they deploy later? especially in the void crew Space hulk?

also if Chaos squats can have like power armor...will there be also loyalist power armor squats?

also beside sistar kombi weapons...will there be loyalist kombi weapons? like Heavy bolter/H. Flamer
 (or that will come for the main mod as part of the Deathwatch?) 

also what about more Gang weapons Stubcannons, Autoguns with exterminators. etc.

or even Digi weapons? (found on high level enemies - could be rare find type)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 09:33:40 pm by Simi822 »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2022, 05:54:12 pm »
The Sister Sentinel is very nice indeed.

The GSC lists gradually upgrade with time, late lists have more Genestealers - and tougher genestealers. This goes for space hulks too. Haven't yet integrated all the Broodbrother units yet, but got some plans there.

Exoarmor Squats for the player has been brainstormed, but its quite a bit of work for a rather narrow unit. Basically, whenever I or someone else gets around to it (any hardcore Squat fans out there?).

Same for more Kombiweapons and more gang weapons. And those are easier for anyone to create and add, if you got some openxcom modding knowledge. There's an older submod on this forum that has some I believe.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2022, 09:42:32 pm »
thanks for the info,

I located that weapon mod,

the kombi weapons are sweet and practically they are in the game as extra loot (just like I would do it)

if not mistaken you already added some of these items into ROSIGMA? (hand flamer, chaos melee weapons) so why not use them all (if possible)
and create similar weapons (Necromunda combi weapons for normal humans)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2022, 05:25:33 pm »
It's a matter of hours to implement and test/balance things.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2022, 11:02:18 pm »
yes the weapon pack and how the extra weapons are created seems simple

yet I have a little bit trouble...tried to create some but get mapping errors

I wonder why...its my first try to create something

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2022, 07:45:08 pm »
Rul files are written in yml. yml requires that the white spaces are consistent.

Try using Visual Studio Code as an development environment. Useful extensions can be found here and here.

As for your bigSprite: 1010 and such, you will have to define or use the correct one. This will likely crash or become a fallback sprite.

Feel free to create a new thread. To get you started I fixed the most apparent errors. The zip includes a diff file, so you can see what has changed. Have fun modding.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2022, 09:56:39 am »
So, I would like to ask something. I have researched "Encounter with a new Cult" and "Means of Xeno Infection Propagation", but I do not see "Xeno Taint Presence" as an available research project. Also, both "Encounter with a new Cult" and "Means of Xeno Infection Propagation" remain in the research projects even after I have researched them. Is there something I am missing here? Please advise. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 02:48:05 pm by EleriumWard »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2022, 05:15:55 pm »
Not implemented yet. The intention is for a little mission chain to track down the GSC base.
Right now it's just some background fluff on the GSC.

Will comment it out for the next version.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2022, 10:06:49 pm »
Patch Notes 1.07B-032 is now live.

Summary images of new content:
Spoiler:

NOTES
Spoiler:

Patch Notes 1.07B-032

UPDATES:
- QoL: Updated alertSounds disabler (Geoscape noises).
- QoL: Included a unitResponseSoundsFrequency set to 33% for most unit responses. Every 3rd click will now play a unit sound, instead of every single click. You can change these values yourself to whatever you like, the bracket numbers are % trigger.
- MAPFIX: Unblocked Elevators on the Industrial Pyramid ship.
- FIX: Changed the Necron Generated missions of the Genestealer Hive (Base 40k) to Rosigmas version of GSC Patrols. Reduced frequency of mission generation.
- LANGUAGE: Updated final mission text to fit all Imperial factions.
- LANGUAGE: Added a language string for the Chaos Chimera Turret (Shows up in mission debriefings).

- INTEGRATION/GSC UPDATE: Brood Brothers and GSC Saboteur updated to ROSIGMA. New weapons and stats, integration in several GSC racelists etc. Uses the GSC range of pump shotguns, smgs, autoguns, laspistols, some gravguns and grenade launchers. The new 032 Gene Cultist list updated with some other supporting GSC heavy weapons assets like sentinels.
- Added STR_GENE_SAB. A GSC Hybrid Saboteur to several GSC related lists. Armed with High Explosives and Melta Grenades, along with pistol or grenade launcher, this sneaky unit can be quite dangerous.
- Added STR_GENE_CULTIST_S, a Sniper variant with custom inventory art.

- ECONOMY BALANCING: Made some late game heavy weapons and plasma weapons more expensive, for consistency and so that earlier weapons aren´t more expensive. The mighty mastercrafted heavy plasma is now quite expensive at half a million.

- GRAPHICS: Increased selection of inventory faces/bodies from 8 to 16 or 24. This inventory art already existed and was randomly distributed to new units, but could not be manually changed by the player ingame.

- MARINES QoL: Servitors and Dogs can be loaded on Landspeeders.

- GUARD: Krieg Grenadiers can now get Bionics
- GUARD: Krieg Carapace buffed by 10/5 points.
- GUARD: Added Codex Article for Krieg Grenadier ARmor.

- SISTERS CRAFT QoL: Corvus replaced by Etty's tweaked Corvus. Extra door in front and no ankle murdering tail struts.
- SISTERS AND MARINE - WEAPONS: Made Heavy Flamer available to Sisters and Marines at midtier. Previously only available to Marines with Terminator tech. Lowered weight to 80 from 100.
- SISTERS ARMOR: Saint Armor dropped from High Tier to Ceramite Tier, but with raised project time (20-45 days with 100 scientists). MinRank dropped to 3 from 4.
- SISTERS QoL: Adjusted sisters medic units medikit hand for more consistent shortcut use.
- SISTERS FIX: Hospitaller Armor should now unlock from the Hospitaller research and not the mid-tier research.
- SISTERS FIX: Corrected Damage Type of Penetence 40mm Grenade to Melee.
- SISTERS PROMOTION: Sister Superior now requires a Veteran Commendation (15 won missions and kills) but less bravery (50+, previously 80). Canoness now requires a Honorific Celestian (Crux Terminatus Commendation) with 30 kills and 60 Devotion.

- RESEARCH: Moved Master Crafting to High Tier and upped research cost.
- MC Lasgun, Laspistol and Hellpistol available from mid-tier MC research.
- Moved several MC Bolter (including stormbolters and assault cannons) type weapons and power melee weapons to the "Ceramite Tier" (Tier 2.5), down from High tier and High-Tier Master Crafting. Now you'll get more use out of them before unlocking plasma and ~golden plasma guns~.
- Kept Master Crafted Ammo at mid-tier, renamed to Mid-tier Master Crafting.

- QoL: Updated CODEX for Weapons with multiple ammo slots (firemodes) to use several pages, showing more information for each attack type.
- QoL: Expanded HEAT Info for Plasma weapons.

- NEW ENEMIES: Not mentioned for 1.07, but there are now a full on Nurgle Cult lists in play. Several flavors of cultists with unique inventory art, from leaders to shoddy grunts and Nurgle Plague Ogryn. They use physical weapons, various nurgle grenades, rockets and bolter weapons (on high tech level). Higher HP than average, but do not have amazing reactions, TU or accuracy to their other themed counterparts. Bring extra healing though.
- ENEMY VARIETY & LISTS: Added several Nurgle Cult lists, they will appear on primarily "Harvest" (UFO term) missions.
- NEW ENEMY: Added basic Nurgle Zombies (Plaguewalkers). Slow, plenty of HP and attack with blighted claws (nasty if they hit). They have a second variant called the Boomer, which works similar to a Penetante. Don´t let them get close! Btw they look just the same as ordinary Plaguewalkers until they decide to blow themselves up.
- NEW ENEMY: Added several green robed Sickly and Shuffling Civilians, who may or may not be Nurgle cultists. They got some surprises, and their own List. They can also appear in other Nurgle lists.
- NEW ENEMY: Added Midwives of Nurgle, ever wondered what Nurgle Daemonettes would be like? You're about to find out!
Midwives can zombify units using Nurgles Rot into several types. The default is Nurgle Zombies, but some units turn into other types. Marines turn into corrupted marines and other units turn into various Nurgle themed cultists etc.
Midwives have a secondary ranged spit attack like Plaguebearers.
They are very weak to fire and do not have much in the way of armor, but plenty of health.
In the future, this opens up for more zombie types.
- Added a Blessed Plague Sister variant that turns into the Midwife when defeated. This variant will randomly appear in (mid-late) Nurgle lists.
- Blessed Nurgle Sister variants have the zombification attack as a special weapon, although they may rarely resort to it if they´re holding other weapons due to how the AI works.
- ENEMY VARIETY & LISTS: Added a new Nurgle Zombie list to rotation, along with tucking in the Midwife in other Nurgle lists.
- NEW ENEMY WEAPON: Nurgle Needler Rifle. it delivers the sweet tangy taste of blight from a distance. Single shot weapon with high TU cost. 25% Chance of Thriller. Certain cultists are the main users of this weapon.

- GENESTEALERS: Gave their attack range 1 so they can pounce on anyone just slightly out of reach (and to deal with awkward turrets).
- GSC: Added a generic GSC "Zombie" to replace the placeholder used until now. Only units that do not have a specific GSC variant will turn into this generic Xeno Tainted.
- NEW ENEMY WEAPON:  Added GSC Needler Rifle, it can deliver heresy juice from a distance. While armor pierce is very good, it has a high TU cost and low accuracy for snap fire. 25% Heresy chance. Certain infector units are the main users of this weapon, mid-late enemy tech levels. New bullet and hit effects.

- MAP: Updated The Space Hulk map terrain, scripts and routes. Things get real nasty if you linger past turn 14, so hustle to that elevator. Part 2 is also less camp-able, find the device quickly. To compensate for the added difficulty, both parts have been given bounty rewards (750k in total). If you destroy the Control Center in stage 2, the mission now ends (before you had to escape back to the elevator). First Hulk arrives in February or Later.
- MAP: Delayed timers for better staggering of enemies.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2022, 12:33:30 pm »
So, I just noticed that the update also brought some new music. Just a thought, I think the trailer theme for Warhammer 40k:Darktide would make an interesting addition to the soundtrack of the mod.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:35:17 pm by EleriumWard »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 12, 2022, 03:36:51 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

The "new" tracks are from Final Liberation, and we prefer to use such tracks from 90ies games. Partially because they have a similar quality and vibe and partially due to certain algorithms being more aggressive about borrowed music from the past 20 years or so.

We have a couple dozen tracks from various titles to add that we have identified, if we can get them to loop well and fit the mood for the mission type or geoscape.

Of course, we could put together a guide for how to add your own tracks.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2022, 12:41:57 am »
I had a mission "small vessel" with Night Lords Sistars on board and the following...
they where equipped with the GSC gear...Autostubbers+Knife, Pump action shotguns or Stubrifles...
I think the Night Sistas should have better gear then that