aliens

Author Topic: Spanish Translation  (Read 31965 times)

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Spanish Translation
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »
I will take care of the spanish translation!
I'll correct old translations which were very bad...

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
FILE WITH SPANISH TRANSLATIONS
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:08:00 pm »
This message has an attached file with the spanish (from Spain) translations.
I have translated all texts without caring about the longitude of the string. I'm not sure about that point.
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to send the file, let me know if not.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish Translation
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »
I will check if all the strings still fit.
Btw shouldn't HWP stay as PAP, since it's short for PLATAFORMAS DE ARMAS PESADAS?

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:41 pm »
That's the only license I took with the translations. As you say it should  be P.A.P. and not H.W.P.
But I didn't like it. I have seen it written as HWP all my life.
Of course you are right!! Feel free to change the 4 or 5 HWP words I used.
The rest of the text should be right.

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 03:27:51 pm »
Let me know if the file is OK. If not tell  me and I'll correct it.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 09:28:09 pm »
It all looks good. :) I changed HWP to PAP to be consistent with the other languages that translate it.
One thing I noticed though, since this translation is ripped from the PSX version, some UFOpedia entries refer to PSX controls... could you correct them so they match this english PC text:
STR_MOTION_SCANNER_UFOPEDIA
This sophisticated device uses a variety of detectors and advanced computer algorithms to identify moving enemy units. However, it requires some practice to use effectively. Click on the motion scanner icon on the tactical display. Select 'Use Scanner' from the menu.  The Scanner display shows an arrow in the center which is the direction the soldier is facing (North is at the top). The flashing blobs show units which have moved recently. Large units, or fast moving units, will produce larger blobs. Static units will not be detected.
STR_MEDI_KIT_UFOPEDIA
The medi-kit combines a healing facility with pain killers and stimulants. In order to use the medi-kit you must face towards the soldier requiring treatment. If the soldier is stunned you must stand over the body. Click on the medi-kit icon and select 'use medi-kit' from the menu.{NEWLINE}HEALING> Red body parts show fatal wounds. Click on a body part that is wounded. Click on the 'Heal' button. One fatal wound will be cured and some health restored.{NEWLINE}STIMULANT> This will restore energy and revive unconscious (stunned) soldiers. In order to revive an unconscious soldier you must stand directly over the body.{NEWLINE}PAIN KILLER> This will restore the morale of wounded soldiers up to an amount equivalent to the soldier's lost health.
STR_PSI_AMP_UFOPEDIA
The Psi-amp can only be used by soldiers with psionic skill. During combat, click on the Psi-amp, select the type of attack, and select a target unit with the cursor. There are two types of psionic attack:{NEWLINE}PANIC UNIT> If the attack is successful it will reduce the target's morale and may cause it to panic.{NEWLINE}MIND CONTROL> If this is successful then you will gain immediate control of the enemy unit as if it was one of your own (except that you cannot access the object screen). It is more difficult to be successful with this type of attack.

Thanks.

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 11:22:31 pm »
Here you are!!

STR_MOTION_SCANNER_UFOPEDIA
Este sofisticado dispositivo usa una gran variedad de detectores y avanzados algoritmos informáticos para identificar unidades enemigas en movimiento. No obstante lleva algun tiempo aprender a usarlo correctamente. Haz click en el icono del escáner de movimiento que hay en la pantalla táctica. Elige 'Usar escáner' en el menú. La pantalla del escáner mostrará una flecha en el centro que indica la dirección en la que mira el soldado (el norte está arriba). Las manchas parpadeantes indican unidades que se han movido hace poco. Las unidades grandes o las que se desplazan rápidamente aparecen como manchas más grandes. Las unidades que estén paradas no aparecerán en la pantalla.
STR_MEDI_KIT_UFOPEDIA
El Kit medico es un pequeño botiquin que contiene pequeños utiles para curar heridas ademas de calmantes y estimulantes. Para utilizarlo debes ponerte delante del operativo XCom que requiera tratamiento. Si el operativo esta aturdido debes colocarte sobre su cuerpo. Haz click en el icono del kit medico y elige "usar Kit medico" del menu. {NEWLINE}CURAR> Las partes rojas en el cuerpo indican heridas mortales. Haz click en la parte del cuerpo que esta herida y haz click en el boton "CURAR". Se curara una herida mortal y el operativo recuperara parte de la salud.{NEWLINE}ESTIMULANTE> Repone la energía y reaviva a los operativos aturdidos. Para reavivar a un operativo inconsciente, colócate justo encima de su cuerpo.{NEWLINE}CALMANTE> Le sube la moral a los operativos heridos hasta un maximo equivalente a la salud perdida del soldado.
STR_PSI_AMP_UFOPEDIA
El Amp-psi sólo puede ser utilizado por soldados con habilidades psiónicas. Durante el combate, pulsa sobre el Amp-psi, selecciona el tipo de ataque y elige un blanco. Hay dos tipos de ataque psiónico:{NEWLINE}ASUSTAR UNIDAD> Si el ataque tiene éxito, la moral del objetivo bajará y podria hacer que se asustara.{NEWLINE}CONTROL MENTAL> Si tiene éxito, controlarás inmediatamente al enemigo como si fuese uno de los tuyos (aunque no podras acceder a su pantalla de inventario). Es más difícil tener éxito con este tipo de ataque que con el de pánico.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 02:16:39 pm »
Thanks, I've put it all in and corrected some text that didn't fit, if you're gonna make any further changes I recommend grabbing the latest version from the codebase first.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »
This is cool, thanks alicantino79!

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:55 pm »
You are welcome!

Offline roitedo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »
Hello there. Thanks for the translation. Here are a few spelling mistakes and their location:

Offline roitedo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:58:31 pm »
Hello again. I have several suggestions to improve the text. What do you think of them?

1. We could retain the name of “muton” instead of translating it with “mutante”. In fact there is not an exact translation, but the original name sounds better and avoids the confusion with the word “mutant”..
2. In STR_NO_FREE_HANGARS_FOR_CRAFT_PRODUCTION, it says “No hay muelles libres”. We could change “muelles” for “hangares”, as it is the name of the built facility.
3. In STR_UFOPAEDIA and STR_UFOPAEDIA_UC, it says “Ovniclopedia”. It could be “Ovnipedia”.
4. In STR_TERROR_SITE, it says “Lugar de terror”. It could be “Lugar bajo ataque terrorista”.
5. In STR_STINGRAY_LAUNCHER and STR_AVALANCHE_LAUNCHER, it could be translated as “Lanzador de misiles Stingray” and “Lanzador de misiles Avalancha”
6. We could translate “small radar” and “large radar” with “ radar de corto alcance” and “radar de largo alcance”,  instead of “radar pequeño” and “radar grande”.
7. In STR_SMALL(and LARGE)_RADAR_SYSTEM_UFOPAEDIA, it says “conectado a sistemas satélites”. It could change to “conectado a sistemas de satélites”, in both lines.
8. In STR_GENERAL_STORES_UFOPAEDIA it says “sistemas de armas”. It could change to “armamento”.
9. In STR_RIFLE_UFOPAEDIA it says “alzas guiadas por láser”. It could change to “una mira láser”.
10. In STR_PROXIMITY_GRANADE it says”Una granada de proximidad ...”. It could change to “La granada de proximidad ...”.
11. In STR_AMP_PSI_UFOPAEDIA, it starts with “El amp-psi...”. It could change to “El amplificador psiónico (amp-psi)...” because this is the first line. The others could remain as “amp-psi”.
12. In STR_TERROR_SHIP it says “Nave de terror”. It could change to “Nave terrorista”.
13. In STR_STUN_ROD it says “Varilla aturdidora”. It could change to “Aturdidor”.
14. In STR_ALIENS_TERRORISE it says “Los alienígenas aterrorizan”, it sounds vague. It could change to “Los alienígenas siembran el terror” or “Los alienígenas atacan”.
15. In STR_AIMED_SHOT it says “Disparo dirigido”. It could change to “Disparo de precisión” or “Disparo de puntería”.
16. In STR_PANIC_UNIT it says “Unidad de pánico”. This is one of the options of the psi-amp. It could be translated with “Causar pánico” or “Enloquecer unidad”.
17. In STR_HAS_GONE_BERSERK it says “se ha puesto hecho una furia”. This translation doesn’t strictly mean a total loss of control. It could be translated as “ha enloquecido”.
18. In STR_TIME_UNITS_RESERVED_FOR_AIMED_SHOT, it says “tiro dirigido”. It could change to “tiro de precisión” or “tiro de punteria”, in link with suggestion 15.
19. In STR_EXPERIENCED it says “con experiencia”. It’s in the first menu when we start a new game. It could change to “experimentado”.
20. In STR_NO_FREE_ACCOMODATION its says “¡NO HAY ALOJAMIENTO!”. It could change to ¡NO HAY ALOJAMIENTO DISPONIBLE!”.
21. In STR_AVENGER_UFOPEDIA it says “LO ÚLTIMO EN IMITACIÓN DE TECNOLOGÍA ALIENÍGENA”. It could change to “LO ÚLTIMO EN REPLICACIÓN DE TECNOLOGÍA ALIENÍGENA” or “LO ÚLTIMO EN REPRODUCCIÓN DE TECNOLOGÍA ALIENÍGENA”.

Offline alicantino79

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 03:37:14 am »
Hi Roitedo!!
First of all thank you for your help with the translation.
I have corrected all missing accents you found.
About your suggestions; I corrected all of them as you just said with these exceptions/modifications:
1-There are no diminutives in the game. The word "muton" seems a bad translation, a misspelling or a contraction of the "mutant" word. On the other hand whether you read the description of the "muton" it says that it's a genetically enginered creature; in other words: a MUTANT. So, to be consistent with the rest of alien names, I prefer to translate it as "mutante". I hope you understand my point of view.
4-12-14-It's very hard to translate an expression such as "terror site" and other related "terror-words". I neither liked "sitio de terror". A terror mission is an ALIEN RAID, "incursión alienigena" in spanish. That's the expression I have chosen to translate ALL "terror-words". I have translated terror UFO name, the strings that refer to terror missions and part of the description of some aliens that described them as "terror weapons". The only string I didn't correct is the "STR_LIVE_TERRORIST". I'm not sure about the use of the strings in the game so play it and take a look to be sure that all of them are right and fit.
6-Because of the string length I prefer to preseve the "grande" and "pequeño" words. If you can test the game with your translation and it fits I would totally agree with you about changing radar description.
That's all. Let me know your opinion.

PD: SupSuper, wait till Roitedo answers me and take a look to the file. Thx

Offline roitedo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 08:58:54 pm »
Hello Alicantino.
The use of "incursión" for "terror-words" is perfect. Good idea.
About the problem with "large" and "small radar system", I have tried  "Rad. corto alcance" and "Rad. largo alcance", and "Radar corto alcance" and "Radar largo alcance", without "de" in order to fit. "Rad." can be easily associated with "radar".
Here are three more suggestions:
In STR_CYBERDISC_CORPSE and STR_SECTOPOD_CORPSE it says "Cadáver". It could change to "Restos" because they are machines.
In STR_GEOSCAPE it says "GEOESCAPE". "GLOBO TERRÁQUEO" would be better.
In STR_ABDUCTOR_UFOPAEDIA and STR_EXAMINATION_ROOM it should say "examenes", with accent.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:42:26 pm by roitedo »

Offline LCSand

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 12:20:00 am »
The word "muton" seems a bad translation, a misspelling or a contraction of the "mutant" word. On the other hand whether you read the description of the "muton" it says that it's a genetically enginered creature; in other words: a MUTANT. So, to be consistent with the rest of alien names, I prefer to translate it as "mutante".
"Muton" is a name for the alien race, it may be that it was derived from mutant but it is not a bad translation.  The xcom soldiers/eggheads do not know the proper names the aliens themselfes use so they mostly use descriptive names.
Maybe it comes from mutton, tough (sacrifical,dumb) sheep. Like meatshields for the ethereal overlords.
Anyway do names get translated at all? I always find it stange if it is done.