Author Topic: OXCE v7.12 for Android  (Read 134785 times)

Offline DHangelfan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v6.9.1 for Android
« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2021, 02:42:41 am »
Try pressing a little longer.
For as far as i know touch devices register short presses as left click and long presses (possibly followed by another action based on feedback) as right click.

Thank you for the response! I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem to work. Nice idea, though.

I was hoping that someone else may know what to do. I'm new to the forum.

Offline DHangelfan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2021, 08:12:29 pm »
Also, if anyone has an answer, please tell me there's a force fire function I'm missing?

The game really isn't viable without it.

Offline Samovar56

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2021, 06:15:04 pm »
The game is amazing
The port is amazing
But this games needs a buttons like a Shift, alt, etc. :'(

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.0 beta for Android -- betatesters needed
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2021, 02:56:32 pm »
OXCE 7.0 beta version for Android is available (called v6.9.7): https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-6.9.7-dae4963-2021-02-27-android.apk

Can I get feedback from 5+ people please if it installs fine and if the new Touch buttons work correctly?

Touch buttons are considered for:
- shift: ignore spotted enemies/mutual surprise
- ctrl: running
- ctrl: strafing
- ctrl: force-fire
- ctrl+shift: spray targeting
- alt: cursor damage preview
- alt: motion scanner arrows
- alt: unit facing preview
- alt: temporarily turn off camera following projectiles
- alt: minimap borders preview
- RMB: unit turning
- RMB: door opening
- RMB: next unit icon click = select previous unit
- RMB: weapon click = reaction fire preference (yellow dot)
- ctrl+RMB: tank turret turning
- MMB: unit/alien inventory preview
- MMB: weapon/special weapon click = Ufopedia

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.0 beta for Android
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2021, 03:01:19 pm »
Haven't tried yet but I was just about to suggest a pull out tray of some kind. This will really come in handy for X-P, like those situations where you just gotta force them to run to make it in time. Even if clunky, ability to do it is important.

I have a bug (from prev version) to report.
My phone motorola G5s has a problem when Saving Games due to the gboard... I haven't seen it happen on my other phone. When the onscreen keyboard pops up the entire "window" is pushed off to the side, due to the navigation buttons popping up and (rather than being translucent, they push the keyboard to the side too).

Thing is, the "window" isnt repositioned as far as the Cursor is concerned. This screenshot shows it pretty clearly. At first I thought I was getting sticky touches but no my cursor was offset by about 8-10mm compared to where I was touching.

It can be solved by Loading Game
or by entering Options (which actually asks if you want to save graphical changes after that, even without changing anything).
But it makes the prospect of saving your game a little more annoying and attaches a cost to it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 03:14:48 pm by RSSwizard »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v7.0 for Android
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2021, 10:29:01 am »
Can I get feedback from 5+ people please if it installs fine and if the new Touch buttons work correctly?

OXCE v7.0 is released.

- Extended geoscape/battlescape/inventory links: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9506.0.html
- Touch buttons -- BIG THANKS to robin for the artwork: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9507.0.html

PS: I'm thoroughly disappointed that the entire Android community was able to provide exactly zero feedback in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 10:33:32 am by Meridian »

Offline JPlayer 101

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2021, 05:56:30 pm »
It looked like noone was able to give feedback, so even I've decided to take matters into my own hands, launched OXCE first time after long pause and privided some testing.
- shift: ignore spotted enemies/mutual surprise — Works.
- ctrl: running — Looks like no (actually IDK how it supposed to).
- ctrl: strafing — Looks like nope.
- ctrl: force-fire — Yes.
- ctrl+shift: spray targeting — Looks like Nope.
- alt: cursor damage preview — Yes.
- alt: motion scanner arrows — Yes.
- alt: unit facing preview — Yes.
- alt: temporarily turn off camera following projectiles — Yes
- alt: minimap borders preview — Yes.
- RMB: unit turning — Yes
- RMB: door opening — Yes
- RMB: next unit icon click = select previous unit — Yes.
- RMB: weapon click = reaction fire preference (yellow dot) — Yes.
- ctrl+RMB: tank turret turning — No (tank itself turns).
- MMB: unit/alien inventory preview — Yes.
- MMB: weapon/special weapon click = Ufopedia — Yes.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2021, 06:52:36 pm »
- ctrl: running — Looks like no (actually IDK how it supposed to).
- ctrl: strafing — Looks like nope.
- ctrl+RMB: tank turret turning — No (tank itself turns).

For those "nopes" my guess is you forgot to activate "Alternate Movement methods" under options (see attached image).

Would explain why all other options needing a modifier key work.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2021, 07:08:45 pm »
PS: I'm thoroughly disappointed that the entire Android community was able to provide exactly zero feedback in 2 weeks.

Slowpoke Meme
I just found out about the release a couple days ago because I went to post a bug. I rarely get out of the X-P subforum these days. Id figured you had just posted it.
Your version reads 6.9.7 by the way... not 7.0

Yes it works and its like a bag of candy, those buttons are candy to look at too. Excellent job. ❗

So far ive only noticed one glitch which ive never seen before. ARM processors are shit and unreliable, so maybe it was a cosmic ray bitflip or something. While I was swiping around the display suddenly changed to like 1 scale difference (while in Inventory) and then returning to battlescape it offset the screen and increased the scale. The chicklet buttons were offscreen and I couldn't even click on the weapons to fire and finish the mission. So I closed out and reloaded.

If it happens again ill try to reproduce it and let you know what does it.

The Gboard glitch still happens but I discovered that clicking Options, display settings countdown dialog comes up - even if you click No it will have set the screen back properly. Which is interesting.

EDIT
(with the death of this character, the thread of fate has become severed)

Id like to say that with the inclusion of these accessibility buttons OXCE has reached the point of becoming Fieldable to the world at large, for Google Play and other public consumption. That might be a good thing or bad thing depending on whether you want the attention. Its not a complete game so people still have to buy the original - but it can definitely get more people playing X-P.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 07:22:37 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2021, 02:21:05 am »
Found out what caused the bug. At mission equip start if I click on the new hamburger menu it does this to the graphics (everything got smaller). Then start of mission the screen messes up and soft-locks.
The first time this happened I could swear it took place after the mission already started though.

Offline JPlayer 101

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2021, 12:22:57 pm »
For those "nopes" my guess is you forgot to activate "Alternate Movement methods" under options (see attached image)
Yeah, the trouble was in this (absolutely useless before) setting that I completely forgot about.

Found out what caused the bug. At mission equip start if I click on the new hamburger menu it does this to the graphics (everything got smaller). Then start of mission the screen messes up and soft-locks.
The first time this happened I could swear it took place after the mission already started though.
Few days ago I've reported same bug on Discord server, but my trouble was caused by taking screenshot at inventory screen.

Offline BlorkTheOrk

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2021, 12:56:54 am »
Big thanks for the buttons! its revolution! My little soldiers finally can run! I can finally check the info about an enemy. And no need for precise swipe!

It works on Meizu 5c. The mod I use is a recent Xcom Files version 1.7.

I'd ask to be able to be abe to toggle the buttons on forever.

Offline hubaj

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2021, 11:39:40 am »
OXCE v7.0 is released.

- Extended geoscape/battlescape/inventory links: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9506.0.html
- Touch buttons -- BIG THANKS to robin for the artwork: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,9507.0.html

Thank you, I cannot even express how great this update is. I didn´t have much time, but so far what I tried seems to work just fine. Great placement of the button too, doesn´t get in the way. In battle android now seems to be equal to the PC version.

I would like to see something simillar implemented in Purchase and Manufacture menu (to be able to hide stuff), but that is really a minor thing.

Sorry for late reaction, I don´t check here often, I just found out.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2021, 06:45:19 pm »
Touch buttons are completely marvelous.
Only one thing is not available now: access to possible uses window. (right-click on sell)

Game on android become... comfortable now. Thank you again, Meridian.

Offline Gnelf88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2021, 12:11:30 pm »
VFS::map_common(): failed to map "common"

not too sure what this means if it can't find an actual map or the common folder but haven't found anything on it
I had enabled the 3 options underneath, now I disabled them and I can't even open up the app because of a "Segmentation fault"
I tried deleting it but it always tries to load the game and then has the crash no matter what
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 12:22:04 pm by Gnelf88 »