aliens

Author Topic: OXCE v7.12 for Android  (Read 134801 times)

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.1 for Android
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 08:05:51 pm »
And on the Chinese tablet Android 6.0 OXCE 5.1 ​​also works fine. Even managed to play in the X-Piratez, despite the only 1 gigabyte of RAM. The maximum memory consumption was 250 megabytes, an average of 160. Perhaps more complex missions will require more, but still, do not compare with earlier versions.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 08:35:06 pm »
Okay then and thanks for checking out, I was afraid it was totally broken.

Offline Ninawindia

• Captain
  • Certified cat girl, nya~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2018, 07:54:22 pm »
Hi, umm, can't reach the site currently, dunno if site is down or file is gone or what.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 08:32:19 pm »
Site is down... it will be back in a few hours/days.

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 10:50:31 pm »
Hi, umm, can't reach the site currently, dunno if site is down or file is gone or what.

Site's back up.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 10:46:56 am »
A preview of the upcoming OXCE 5.2: old link deleted

Would appreciate some feedback if it works fine... especially in non-English character sets (e.g. Russian).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:28:57 pm by Meridian »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »
I use Russian, at first glance this version works well.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 08:26:23 pm »
Tried this version as well and found one problem. Search on the Tech Tree Screen is broken. Entering three symbols or complete titles of the topics available to research doesn't solve the issue regardless of the case. Ufopedia search works like a charm, though.

If it helps, my keyboard - Full Keyboard, OS - MIUI 9.6 (based on Android 7), language - Russian.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:33:09 pm by Kammerer »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 08:59:51 pm »
Tried this version as well and found one problem. Search on the Tech Tree Screen is broken. Entering three symbols or complete titles of the topics available to research doesn't solve the issue regardless of the case. Ufopedia search works like a charm, though.

If it helps, my keyboard - Full Keyboard, OS - MIUI 9.6 (based on Android 7), language - Russian.

Can you check the log file for line containing "Detected locale:" and tell me what does it contain?

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 09:23:39 pm »
This line contains the following text - Detected locale: С.UTF-8.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 03:11:50 pm »
I don't know.
It works for me.
And all searches use the same mechanism... I'm out of ideas.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 07:28:04 pm »
Sorry, it was my bad. I forgot about the spoiler protection setting. After switching it off, I'm able to search anything in the tree. Thanks for checking this and I'm sorry again for bothering you.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 07:38:12 pm »
I have a small problem with the sound in the new version of OXCE for Android, laid out today. File Extended-5.2-245e998-2018-12-22-android.apk.
After installation and launch, the background music in the game began to sound much quieter. At the same time, all other sounds (button presses, shots, screams) remained at the same level. This is observed both in the vanilla version and with the FMP mod.
The problem is not very significant, after I increased the volume of the music in the settings from about 40% to 100%, the music began to sound something like in older versions of the game. But I wonder, this is how it works only for me or for everyone who plays on Android?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.2 for Android
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 11:13:17 pm »
Hi all Android users,

there is a new version: old link deleted
with a lot of engine changes.

I'd like to ask for help with testing... to begin with, just try installing and running the new version and let me know if it runs fine on your device...
Thanks for all the help.

M.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:29:28 pm by Meridian »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE v5.2 for Android
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2019, 08:17:08 am »
I'd like to ask for help with testing... to begin with, just try installing and running the new version and let me know if it runs fine on your device...
Thanks for all the help.
On my Android 6.0 with 1 gigabyte of RAM, this version works well. I did not play a lot, but I ran several mods, including X-Files and X-Piratez, packed in zip-archives, there were no failures.

Of the features of the work, I can only indicate increased RAM consumption. When playing in X-Piratez, other applications running in the background are unloaded. Perhaps this is due to unpacking the mod. On older OXCE for Android, with X-Piratez not packed in the archive, this did not happen. But maybe there were some other reasons.

I also post OXCE for Android on the Russian-language forum for those who are uncomfortable to follow the updates here. I reported about this version as soon as it appeared, gave a link to the repository with it (and tried it myself at the same time). And when the link to download was changed here, I posted the apk-file itself, with a description of its capabilities. The file was downloaded 13 times (and someone could have previously downloaded from the repository), but so far there have been no reports of incorrect work.