aliens

Author Topic: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread  (Read 446251 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: OXCE (OpenXcom Extended) main thread
« Reply #645 on: October 19, 2020, 06:49:42 pm »
They don't need line of sight (by default).
But they need to be aware of you, i.e. someone must have spotted you.

As for the rest, they use psi if they have good psi skills and they prefer weak psi soldiers. RNG is also a big factor.

There is no turn limit (by default), no rank preference, no powerful weapons preference.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 20, 2020, 09:30:28 pm »
Gentlemen may I ask question about Psy/MC attacks - what circumstances trigger it? Let's set all option to defaults - I mean what aliens can attack regardless of line of sight. When they exactly start doing it? When they spot x-com units, when certain amount of turns has passed or something else? What priority they will use? Weak Psy/MC units, high ranked units or units with most powerful weapons in hands?
Based on my last 3 months playing vanilla TFTD (dunno exactly how OXCE differs but my guess is not by much):
- aliens need to have PSI/MC capable unit on map
- your soldier only needs to be spotted, horizontal distance is irrelevant but affects success rate the most (under 20 tiles and is practically a guaranteed success but over let's say 30 and it will never succeed, under same conditions)
- they prioritize: spotted, then weakest resistance (fixed PSI/MC strength, even if you aren't there yet)
- at 20th turn aliens get a free peak at all your solders
Now the most confusing part:
- when you hit an alien with direct fire, that soldier becomes visible to all aliens on map (and remains visible for number of turns equal to hidden Intelligence attribute value every alien has, max I think is 4), obstacles or distance don't matter to visibility
Last part probably isn't 100% correct. Maybe hit alien must only be wounded and they are remembering only for one turn instead, with Intelligence coming into effect in some other circumstances. Or it is 100%. Hell if I know. One thing I clearly remember, after my PTSD wore off, is if you are getting frustrated - you are playing it right!

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 21, 2020, 02:18:38 pm »
This is may be because some graphics settings in my OXCE but I want to ask anyway:

I mean this pink back screen. If I remember correctly in early version when message about out of space pops out you can still see normal green back layout with items on it. Is this new OXCE feature or I mistake and it was before ? Using latest version.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 21, 2020, 03:11:51 pm »
It is an issue with the latest version.

Just visual.

I've tested it only in geoscape where it doesn't happen, on all other places it does. I will fix it today.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 03:54:21 pm by Meridian »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 22, 2020, 02:58:05 pm »
Question about throwing. The guy in front who have a flare in his hand trying throw it to another guy in front but flare just drops to his own feet. So: 1. I'm unlucky with trowing accuracy (but this is strange I did this 3 times in row and all was unsuccessful) 2. This is kneeling behavior. 3. It's because Triton roof  affect throwing on distance. 4. May be a  bug. Save file attached, don't forget remove Ironman mode there.   

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 23, 2020, 01:10:46 am »
I'm going to be burned with this question... but since I can't find explanations and I don't understand the English language... I dare!
With OXCE 6.7 new keyboard/mouse commands appear. Example "M-click" in the research screen.
There was also "M-click" during the tactical to see the enemy and his weapons...
All these commands work very well with "OXCE 6.7 + XFiles" ! Thank you very much!

But why in an OXCE 6.7 game without any other pack these commands don't work ?
There must be something I didn't understand... sorry !  :-[

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 23, 2020, 11:36:57 am »
Question about throwing. The guy in front who have a flare in his hand trying throw it to another guy in front but flare just drops to his own feet. So: 1. I'm unlucky with trowing accuracy (but this is strange I did this 3 times in row and all was unsuccessful) 2. This is kneeling behavior. 3. It's because Triton roof  affect throwing on distance. 4. May be a  bug. Save file attached, don't forget remove Ironman mode there.

It's a bug.
Caused by a recent fix for throwing through ceilings and walls.

We will look at it.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 23, 2020, 04:44:04 pm »
You probably know it already, but if guy who doing it standing it works fine. Same for kneeling but if direction is diagonal it's success too.
P.S.
To avoid double posting let's just edit my message with new interesting info: I drown very small USO (TWoTS) and wait while day come. Landing there, terrain was volcanic. I begin the mission and in few turns it's over because alien(s) died from wounds. I haven't discovered them visually. I got strange mission debriefing screen - only 7 aqua plastics. So I have a question - why? I know what all equipment in USO could be destroyed due to crash, same for aliens weapons and even bodies, but where gone corpse of last alien who was alive when mission starts? It's just gone. Really strange. Sorry I don't have a save file to reproduce it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:20:47 am by Shiroi Bara »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 24, 2020, 10:32:23 am »
P.S.
To avoid double posting let's just edit my message with new interesting info: I drown very small USO (TWoTS) and wait while day come. Landing there, terrain was volcanic. I begin the mission and in few turns it's over because alien(s) died from wounds. I haven't discovered them visually. I got strange mission debriefing screen - only 7 aqua plastics. So I have a question - why? I know what all equipment in USO could be destroyed due to crash, same for aliens weapons and even bodies, but where gone corpse of last alien who was alive when mission starts? It's just gone. Really strange. Sorry I don't have a save file to reproduce it.

can't reproduce

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 24, 2020, 11:45:39 am »
New OXCE v6.7.2 is up.

2020-10-24
QoL:
- Added Psi Training Finished GUI
- Removed automatic personal lights toggle

Modding:
- Option to ignore death traps by (original) faction: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7671.msg133202.html#msg133202

Bugfixes:
- Fixed visual bug with the Sell GUI

Android:
- Scan user mods also in the data folder (Android and iOS): https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,6591.msg133302.html#msg133302
- Updated icon for Android
- Updated UFO universal data patch for Android

Download: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

Offline CyberAxe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 31, 2020, 03:12:08 pm »
I'm finding a lot of mods getting broken from 6.5 onwards, I've submitted bug reports to those modules (Though several have not been updated in quite a while so dubious if they'll ever get fixed) but something to be aware of.

Also any chance of extending debug so it can tell you at which module it has found a problem?

Perhaps on startup if debug mode is enabled it loads each module in order and does a check to make sure everything is valid before loading the next module instead of loading everything then checking which seems to be the case jus tnow, since if you enable a module in the mods menu and there's an error it will tell you what module has the error, will save new people a lot of time on setup, I spent hours figuring out which modules were having issues as I had to delete them one by one to find which one it was.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 03:15:59 pm by CyberAxe »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 31, 2020, 04:46:50 pm »
Also any chance of extending debug so it can tell you at which module it has found a problem?

Perhaps on startup if debug mode is enabled it loads each module in order and does a check to make sure everything is valid before loading the next module instead of loading everything then checking which seems to be the case jus tnow, since if you enable a module in the mods menu and there's an error it will tell you what module has the error, will save new people a lot of time on setup, I spent hours figuring out which modules were having issues as I had to delete them one by one to find which one it was.

1/ That's not technically possible in the current architecture.

2/ Also, there are submods, which work only in combination with parent mods.
And unfortunately even "partial" mods, which don't work standalone, but work together with other "parts".

To find out (and fix) issues you can enable mods one by one, instead of enabling everything and then guessing what's wrong where.
That should reduce the time to fix it from hours to minutes.
At least it does for me.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 01, 2020, 08:49:54 pm »
Meridian, are there (or are planning) options for managing the cost and time of transfers between bases?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 01, 2020, 09:10:56 pm »
Meridian, are there (or are planning) options for managing the cost and time of transfers between bases?

Currently I don't know of any such request.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 01, 2020, 09:21:18 pm »
Consider that now he is. :)