Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 139803 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.23 released!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »
How about use some "jumpsuit" or some kind of parachute to be necesary to the paratroopers? I mean, just like in X-Com Files, that you need swim suits and aquatic weapons to condutc submarine missions.

Besides looking different from the normal troopers, it make sense for the parajump, and if you don't equip'em with parachutes, they can't leave the Sherpa. 

And maybe, make some sprites of deployed parachutes and put them in the drop zones, just for estetical effects.

I don't see the parachute/jumpsuit requirement adding anything much than more micromanagement for the player. The deployed parachutes idea is good for aesthetics.

I still haven't made my mind - at a certain point it will be necessary to see if all those planes are really necessary, and this idea might just return to the suggestions box.

Is Mexico a playable area? Since the launch of the mod i'm playing in the West Coast (haha the name of my base is "Los Angeles HQ"), but sometimes I've seen some HKs coming from Mexico and I would like to fight in the ruins of Mexico City. I'm going to put my base there, just for test, but I don't know if it will be so hunted, as my base in Los Angeles.

Yeah, Mexico and all of Central America up to Panama are playable. Los Angeles HQ might not be a good idea... ;)

He was standing there when the floor tile was destroyed. The three brown squares are impassible and poor Virender is unable to get out to be properly terminated. The terminators gained access to the tunnels by dropping down on the other side of the obstacle where the ceiling had been blown away by another explosion.

I thought I had fixed the soldiers getting stuck on ground already... that will be fixed

I'm off for the weekend so no further updates until tomorrow. Enjoy :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2018, 03:48:58 pm »
And we're back!

Yataka and Haxxi already had some feedback on the Discord about 10 HKs hunting down a player's Osprey, plus 3 Warthogs additionally lost, plus some other interesting things about his gameplay.

And I've updated the Gameplay Tips section of this thread with several details explaining Skynet bases and HKs - this info will later be added to the ingame UFOpedia.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2018, 10:32:01 pm »

Yeah, Mexico and all of Central America up to Panama are playable. Los Angeles HQ might not be a good idea... ;)

* Design individualized sprites to Tech-Com craft
in progress

Hi, everyone!

I've tested putting my base in what remains of Mexico City and it's way quieter than in Los Angeles. I've send a few missions along the border, but my aircrafts found little opposition.  Los Angeles HQ has been overrun... again. xD

About the aircraft sprites, I'm finished the first half, the starting planes. I couldn't fix the palettes, I've struggle with it yesterday. Was a waste of time haha. I hope you can fix them, and of course, you like them. :D

An apology for the delay with the sprites. I spent the weekend studying for my exam week, but I hope to finish the rest of the planes in the next days.  :-\

In addition, I put in the .rar a suggestion for the dogfight song, gminter. It's You Could Be Mine, by Guns n 'Roses. I tried it in my game and I found that it is quite adequate, it also goes great with the theme of the mod. I hope you like it too. :D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:43:34 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2018, 11:58:29 pm »
About the aircraft sprites, I'm finished the first half, the starting planes. I couldn't fix the palettes, I've struggle with it yesterday. Was a waste of time haha. I hope you can fix them, and of course, you like them. :D

Thank you very much! :)

I've just added your images to the mod and updated the download link to version 0.24. I converted the images to the proper palettes but there are still a number of issues regarding the colors and the sizes. But now you can see/check yourself how your work is looking just by replacing the relevant .gif located on /mods/TechCom/Resources/craft/

In addition, I put in the .rar a suggestion for the dogfight song, gminter. It's You Could Be Mine, by Guns n 'Roses. I tried it in my game and I found that it is quite adequate, it also goes great with the theme of the mod. I hope you like it too. :D

'You Could Be Mine" it's one of my favorite song since I first watched T2 when it came out. And I usually listen to the whole T2 soundtrack while working on the mod for inspiration.  :D

It wouldn't be my choice though for dogfight (Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins)

However, at this point,  I'm considering to separate the soundtrack and make it a separate download from the mod package itself, because of possible copyright and download size issues (.ogg files occupy a lot of space when comparated to the rest). And then players can either download an optional soundtrack folder, or they can came up with their own.

PS - The pre-mission briefings have all been written, with actual info rather than filler text
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:00:11 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:45 am »
Thank you very much! :)

I've just added your images to the mod and updated the download link to version 0.24. I converted the images to the proper palettes but there are still a number of issues regarding the colors and the sizes. But now you can see/check yourself how your work is looking just by replacing the relevant .gif located on /mods/TechCom/Resources/craft/

You're welcome! It's awesome to do something to make bigger and greater this mod.

I'll download it when I get to the university, we have free WiFi. :D

'You Could Be Mine" it's one of my favorite song since I first watched T2 when it came out. And I usually listen to the whole T2 soundtrack while working on the mod for inspiration.  :D

It wouldn't be my choice though for dogfight (Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins)

However, at this point,  I'm considering to separate the soundtrack and make it a separate download from the mod package itself.

Actually, Danger Zone was my first option. And it sounds great too, but You Could Be Mine sounded even better, I couldn't resist to add it, it's one of my favorite songs.

Although perhaps it would be more suitable for the briefing of the ground missions.

I support your idea of making a separate soundtrack folder.

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:23:57 am by efrenespartano »

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2018, 05:13:03 pm »
Wow guys things are blasting on. Looking forward to seeing your sprites, efrenespertano!

That seems sensible about the soundtrack, I have to say. Any chance of a pointer as to where the music files are if we're going to make our own?

Meanwhile, I've been trying to break what we have already!

Two wee issues on base defence. I forgot to get a screenie of the first one but one of my guys spawned in the dirt in between levels.

Also these two unfortunate individuals went down into this structure, which was an empty base square. They are doomed, never to return, because there's no way back up.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2018, 10:48:40 pm »
Wow guys things are blasting on. Looking forward to seeing your sprites, efrenespertano!

Thanks, Gordonmull! I'm about to finish 4 more planes, so maybe I'll finish all of them by tomorrow, maybe thursday. :D

That seems sensible about the soundtrack, I have to say. Any chance of a pointer as to where the music files are if we're going to make our own?

Do you mean the location of the music files? The location is mods/TechCom/SOUND, there is a list about the names of the files, so you can edit them.
Check this out.
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Audio_Options_(OpenXcom)

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2018, 11:18:58 pm »
Do you mean the location of the music files? The location is mods/TechCom/SOUND, there is a list about the names of the files, so you can edit them.
Check this out.
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Audio_Options_(OpenXcom)

Yes I do, nice one, thank you!  :D I will have a little play with that when I get time.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2018, 03:49:21 am »
Tech-Comm Alpha v0.26 released http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayeqcuvo3chilv4/TechComAlpha.zip

List of changes:
* Adjusted buy/sell prices to craft and craft weapons
* Changed quantity and mix of starting base craft, favoring more fighter craft and less transports/supports (can be changed back later)
* Adjusted starting base layout for better base defense
* Several advanced craft/items cannot be purchased anymore, only sold
* Humans and Skynet plasma weapons now require research to use
* Removed advanced items from Resistance NPCs
* Changes to base facility map buildings:
** Command Center now uses its intended map (previous version was moved to Housing facility), which should be more defensible, with a more protected escape tunnel.
** Housing and Storage are the two other alternative starting positions, Housing retains the sewer escape tunnel.
** Added Housing Station and Storage Station, both underground, cost twice to build and at twice the time. Upgraded starting base's facilities to stations for further testing. Also added Tech Lab facility map and removed several sewer fences for better pathing
** Terminator starting positions should be more evenly distributed around the base
** Terminators can now destroy base facilities by attacking radars, missiles, beds, etc.

Command Station in top corner, Housing on Center.
Housing Station (left) and Storage Station (right)
Two wee issues on base defence. I forgot to get a screenie of the first one but one of my guys spawned in the dirt in between levels.

Also these two unfortunate individuals went down into this structure, which was an empty base square. They are doomed, never to return, because there's no way back up.

First issue, redoing several of the base facility maps and it's likely to have been fixed.

Second issue, yup, those guys were definitely not meant there and the map has been fixed :)

Edit - uploaded 0.26 with a critical fix for 0.25 plus changes to the early terminators appearance and weapons
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:10:48 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - updated to version 0.25
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2018, 03:19:23 pm »

Tech-Comm Alpha v0.26 released http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayeqcuvo3chilv4/TechComAlpha.zip

List of changes:
* Adjusted buy/sell prices to craft and craft weapons
* Changed quantity and mix of starting base craft, favoring more fighter craft and less transports/supports (can be changed back later)

I like this, it's more useful to have more fighters. And even seems more logic that the Resistance has new random planes every new game (you know, We fly what we found)

* Adjusted starting base layout for better base defense
* Several advanced craft/items cannot be purchased anymore, only sold
* Humans and Skynet plasma weapons now require research to use
* Removed advanced items from Resistance NPCs

It's a shame, I liked the NPCs with M25A1s, they saved my troops a few times. :(

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2018, 04:04:32 pm »
About the Android version... It works! And works very good!

And about the sprites I made, I'm so happy to see them in the mod. I can rescale the dogfight sprites. But I have no idea how to fix the yellow dots and white-ish colors of the Basescape. :(

Hobbes, can I use the palettes that you send me to draw the sprites? Do you think that's going to fix them?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2018, 08:17:15 pm »

I like this, it's more useful to have more fighters. And even seems more logic that the Resistance has new random planes every new game (you know, We fly what we found)

I considered having a random set of planes upon game start, but the engine doesn't support it and this could be a big disadvantage for the player. So I'm trying out different sets of planes to see the ones who work better.

It's a shame, I liked the NPCs with M25A1s, they saved my troops a few times. :(

They might return later

And about the sprites I made, I'm so happy to see them in the mod. I can rescale the dogfight sprites. But I have no idea how to fix the yellow dots and white-ish colors of the Basescape. :(

Hobbes, can I use the palettes that you send me to draw the sprites? Do you think that's going to fix them?

The sprites already contain the necessary palettes, but I can use those I sent you, or you send them to me I can quickly convert them

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2018, 09:17:15 pm »
I considered having a random set of planes upon game start, but the engine doesn't support it and this could be a big disadvantage for the player. So I'm trying out different sets of planes to see the ones who work better.

My favorite set is Osprey+Warthog+Skyhawk+Lion+Prowler, is quite effective.

The sprites already contain the necessary palettes, but I can use those I sent you, or you send them to me I can quickly convert them

Actually, I'm not using a fixed palette for all of the sprites. I search an image of the plane based on the Intelpedia (I'm trying to match them as much as possible), I minimize it using Paint.NET, then draw a few details. I'm not drawing them from scratch.

I appreciate very much that you are converting the sprites, but I don't know why they look white-ish and they have yellow dots after you convert them. :-/

Is any color that i'm using making this strange colors? I suppouse it's some gray, but I'm not sure

EDIT: The ground missions on Android doesn't work, everytime I try to start a new Simulation, it crashes. It's the same with the campaign, but Geoscape and air combat it's OK. D:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:46:55 pm by efrenespartano »

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2018, 10:32:22 pm »
Just trying the new base design. I really like the new command centre, now the tunnels are more useful. I haven't got too far yet, turn 4 - there is at least one bug. Something weird with the terminator sprite.

The other thing is that the living quarters and stores sections are cut off from the command centre ladder by tunnel grates, which I assume isn't intentional.

Edit:
I restarted and there seems to be a terminator in the living quarters on turn 1.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:05:45 pm by Gordonmull »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2018, 12:37:34 am »
Just trying the new base design. I really like the new command centre, now the tunnels are more useful. I haven't got too far yet, turn 4 - there is at least one bug. Something weird with the terminator sprite.

Palette issue - just uploaded a quick fix

The other thing is that the living quarters and stores sections are cut off from the command centre ladder by tunnel grates, which I assume isn't intentional.

More or less - it's either remove all grates from the tunnels or try to keep some. I'm still working on how to solve this

Edit:
I restarted and there seems to be a terminator in the living quarters on turn 1.

On ground level or inside the building? If it's on the rooftop, it is supposed to start there