Author Topic: [TC][OXCE][I.D.T.] Terminator: Tech-Comm - Alpha  (Read 142850 times)

Offline Cerazor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.22 released!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:22 am »
Is that Osprey new? Cuz it's awesome.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2018, 01:35:35 pm »

As a tip, when you play new missions be sure not to leave any items in the ground during the soldier equipment screen - in some missions like Escape, Defense and Extraction you won't start in the craft but elsewhere on the map.

Hey, about the paratroopers... Are you still planing to add them? That's a feature that I really want to see soon!

Enviado desde mi Blade A510 mediante Tapatalk

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2018, 01:41:07 pm »
As a tip, when you play new missions be sure not to leave any items in the ground during the soldier equipment screen - in some missions like Escape, Defense and Extraction you won't start in the craft but elsewhere on the map.

Also, for those who don't know, there is a hotkey to move everything from ground back to base... Ctrl+Alt+X I think. Or Ctrl+Shift+X maybe.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2018, 09:42:03 pm »
Also, for those who don't know, there is a hotkey to move everything from ground back to base... Ctrl+Alt+X I think. Or Ctrl+Shift+X maybe.

Tried both, didn't work - if anyone knows the hotkey to move items from ground back to base please post it, and I'll add it to the useful tips on the OP

Offline chaosshade

• Colonel
  • The Harpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2018, 09:48:02 pm »
It's cool to see all our hard work finally playable ^^

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2018, 11:19:14 pm »
Tried both, didn't work - if anyone knows the hotkey to move items from ground back to base please post it, and I'll add it to the useful tips on the OP

it's Ctrl+alt+X, where X is the key for "clear inventory" (maybe you have remapped it to something else)
- in oxce+ only
- during base equipment only, doesn't work during a mission briefing

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2018, 12:09:33 am »
It's cool to see all our hard work finally playable ^^

:)

- during base equipment only, doesn't work during a mission briefing

I tried it on mission briefing, that was it, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:17:22 am by Hobbes »

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2018, 01:32:35 am »
Think I have found a bug when a player craft gets shot down. I'm not sure if I should be reporting it here or on Meridian's thread as it could be something to do with the HK mechanics. My living quarters was at full capacity before I launched a Talon on an intercept. It was shot down, but my living quarters is still at 50 and as a result I can't buy a replacement pilot. I only noticed when my purchase was denied on the buy/sell screen. I started a new game and deliberately lost a craft and the same thing happened.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2018, 01:51:48 am »
Think I have found a bug when a player craft gets shot down. I'm not sure if I should be reporting it here or on Meridian's thread as it could be something to do with the HK mechanics. My living quarters was at full capacity before I launched a Talon on an intercept. It was shot down, but my living quarters is still at 50 and as a result I can't buy a replacement pilot. I only noticed when my purchase was denied on the buy/sell screen. I started a new game and deliberately lost a craft and the same thing happened.

Check the Transfers tab in your base - pilots and crew have a 75% of surviving, survivors take the same time back to base as when you hire them.

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2018, 02:33:38 am »
Ah, sorry, I was forgetting about that.  ::)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 02:46:40 am »

Hey, about the paratroopers... Are you still planing to add them? That's a feature that I really want to see soon!

Yes, but it's not really a big deal: your soldiers will start spread out instead of inside the craft, and if all soldiers are killed you won't lose the craft. Might be an interesting option since there aren't craft sprites to use.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 05:05:04 am »
Tech-Com Alpha 0.23 has been released - Fly the (un)friendly skies!

Download Link

Requires upgrading OXCE+ to latest build, https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//ExtendedPlus/Extended+-3.10a-776a6df-2018-02-23-win32.7z

List of changes:
* Added interceptors to HK Base, Factory and Workcamp. Skynet bases now have a radar change with a high detection chance. If the radars detect any Tech-Com craft, it will launch interceptors once the craft is within the interceptor's radar range. Once the threat is eliminated or disappears from radar, the interceptors will switch to either patrolling or termination missions.
* HK Bases have the best interceptor defenses and the longest range radar
* HK Fighter radar increased to make interceptions more effective
* HK Bases and Workcamps now can launch by themselves Pacification and Interdiction missions against civilians or Resistance fighters.

This is one of the new air features that I was eager to see: Skynet bases actually controlling the airspace around them by being able to launch interceptors. Opens a lot of interesting possibilities and the priority now will be to finish the rest of world to see how the entire strategic level works.

Another nice feature included by Meridian is the limit of the number of Workcamps and HK Bases that Factories can generate, because this will help balance the dynamics of the entire world.

The idea for the whole campaign at this point is:
* Tech-Comm has to locate and assault a number of Skynet research facilities located around the world to gain several key techs
* Those techs will allow Tech-Comm to assault the Skynet Core, which must be also detected and will be heavily defended. Trying to assault it without those techs will be close to impossible.
* Each month Skynet will place a new Factory on any region, except the poles. The factory will then deploy a number of HK Bases and Workcamps to the region.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:22:26 am by Hobbes »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TC][OXCE+] Terminator: Tech-Comm - version 0.23 released!
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 09:55:24 am »
Yes, but it's not really a big deal: your soldiers will start spread out instead of inside the craft, and if all soldiers are killed you won't lose the craft. Might be an interesting option since there aren't craft sprites to use.

How about use some "jumpsuit" or some kind of parachute to be necesary to the paratroopers? I mean, just like in X-Com Files, that you need swim suits and aquatic weapons to condutc submarine missions.

Besides looking different from the normal troopers, it make sense for the parajump, and if you don't equip'em with parachutes, they can't leave the Sherpa. 

And maybe, make some sprites of deployed parachutes and put them in the drop zones, just for estetical effects. :D

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:02:52 am by efrenespartano »

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:55 am »
Tech-Com Alpha 0.23 has been released - Fly the (un)friendly skies!

Sounds great! I'm downloading it.

Is Mexico a playable area? Since the launch of the mod i'm playing in the West Coast (haha the name of my base is "Los Angeles HQ"), but sometimes I've seen some HKs coming from Mexico and I would like to fight in the ruins of Mexico City. I'm going to put my base there, just for test, but I don't know if it will be so hunted, as my base in Los Angeles.

Offline Gordonmull

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2018, 12:21:59 pm »
I'll hopefully get a chance to try 0.23 today. I was playing 0.22 on Easy yesterday and got a base defence mission. Chain panic began in round 2 and it was almost mesmerising watching my entire force being utterly terminated! Turn 1 was a dash back to cover, to the safety of the tunnels and I managed to get a a handful of personnel under ground. Once the panic started I figured even if I lost a good proportion of my guys, I should be able to rally underground and come back out fighting.

Then some idiot with a rocket launcher panicked in the first room with the stairs and we all know how it goes after that. I still had two soldiers below ground, but then the terminators started coming down. I wasn't sure if they'd find the entrance so easily but apparntly they seem to. Two units infiltrated the tunnels, terminating the last soldiers down there

The last man left alive was Virender Jain but, as you can see, he's up to his neck in it  ;D

He was standing there when the floor tile was destroyed. The three brown squares are impassible and poor Virender is unable to get out to be properly terminated. The terminators gained access to the tunnels by dropping down on the other side of the obstacle where the ceiling had been blown away by another explosion.