aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 309964 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #855 on: April 01, 2022, 10:31:34 am »
In the new 0.99M5 version we finally got banana clips rifles having a new cool firing sound, as on bootypedia (here) but i really hope/wish the next step gonna be a new sound for the RCF clips firearms which are, togheter with the former, the most common firearms firing during a game, because the current is rather horrible, no offence intended! 😃 Please note also that the bootypedia floorob sprite shows a gun verison with the butt, maybe the sprite is taken from the openxcomfiles mod? In general i'd replace firing sounds for some most common and low tech firearms makin a bit more realistic like the smg, bandit smg and spraygun ones.

A little hint on eraly rifles balancing: ramshakle rifle has 28 damage but no autoshot and it's kinda precise for a weapon of such as the name says, i'd reduce precision for both shots, (alternavively drop dmg from 28 to 26) but anyway give RCF carabine 29 damage and reduce clip size from 30 to 20 and make it a bit heavier addin also a gunbutt attack. Homefront riflemight stay as it is now :P

edit: typos
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:28:25 pm by ontherun »

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2022, 01:34:24 am »
STR_BANDIT_BOY_SALVAGE: produce 1x Squire instead of 1x Slave Halfwit.
you are salvaging a bitchboy, simply make him your bitch. the B-Boy is a churchie shota in a purple hoodie.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #857 on: April 29, 2022, 11:59:51 pm »
Lol no. For the exact reason you mentioned. Halfwit is a bitch, Squire is not.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2022, 06:15:16 am »
Hello
As of now Big units (such as Hyena rider, ripper) can be healed while they are on their feet, but not when they are unconscious (due to how big corpses works, is suppose).
Is it at all possible to make it possible to heal downed and bleeding big units? It is very frustrating to loose experienced hyena rider girl to bleeding on the floor.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2022, 09:04:34 am »
Merdian said no, and this is intended.

Offline Warzameg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2022, 11:48:27 am »
It's a high tech solution for a low tech problem, but – if you can get stasis grenades from somewhere, like gambling, throwing one at a downed hyena gal should buy you a few extra turns to finish the mission.  (They don't fix fatal wounds, but do restore HP, and should have a bigger effect on hyenas, due to hitting multiple tiles.)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 13, 2022, 11:56:20 am »
I'd like to see a different psi attack icon.

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2022, 08:35:26 pm »
How viable is it to add a *mothball* manufacturing task to turn a craft into an storage item (and then presumably that item back into a craft)?

It seems like it would give you a bit more leeway to try out all the new crafts in the early game if you could swap them out at the cost of some vault space and runt work instead of taking up a hangar.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 14, 2022, 08:45:50 am »
As of now, https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_HAND_FLAMER
seems totally useless. It  does little damage even to flame-vulnerable enemies like zombies due to 1 shot.
It should make 4-6 shots to make it somewhat useful, otherwise flamethrower used one - handed is just way way better.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 14, 2022, 03:30:12 pm »
Some weapons are just enemy weapons aimed to give you a kick in the butt.

Hand flamers are an early game weapon appearing on temple maps, discouraging you to stack your newb gals.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #865 on: July 14, 2022, 03:36:42 pm »
Hand flamers are an early game weapon appearing on temple maps, discouraging you to stack your newb gals.

Yeah, not so useless, eh? :P

Offline vjmdhzgr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 18, 2022, 02:29:22 am »
Not sure how the sprites are made, but I think a gal based on Houshou Marine would be great. I carefully looked through all the gal sprites, and some are quite close, but none are perfect for Houshou Marine. The character is literally a horny pirate captain. I feel like she fits the tone of Xpiratez perfectly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #867 on: July 20, 2022, 11:03:25 pm »
Not sure how the sprites are made, but I think a gal based on Houshou Marine would be great. I carefully looked through all the gal sprites, and some are quite close, but none are perfect for Houshou Marine. The character is literally a horny pirate captain. I feel like she fits the tone of Xpiratez perfectly.

If anypne wants to tackle this sprite, I found a pic which is better as reference. :P

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 21, 2022, 01:42:42 am »
you're just looking for an excuse to post pictures of senchou, aren't you

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 02, 2022, 06:14:43 am »
It would be a nice Quality-of-life upgrade if bootypdia descriptions of base establishments would clearly state which earlier buildings are made obsolete by building this (for example, Luxury spa makes Onsen obsolete IIRC) and whenever the establishment can be build over another one (Luxury Quarters can be build over normal quarters).