Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 203873 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #870 on: August 02, 2022, 09:42:03 am »
Luxury spa is 2x2, onsen is 1x1.

I would not call it obsolete. Very few buildings are direct upgrades.

The second yeah, would be something, but bear in mind that the "build over" quality is from the already placed building. You can build over a normal barracks, burrow, corridor, vaults, plantation. I think that's all of them. It does not matter WHAT you build over them, so long as the building footprint is the same size.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:18 pm »
I'd like it if a change was made to CHOKING and BIO damage weapon/ammo.
The change would be:
- halve ToStun value
- set RandomStun to false

The reasoning is that, there should be less randomness with stun damage on these weapons. When you're breathing air, there is no random chance whether you'll breathe the air into your lungs or not. You always will (otherwise everyone would asphyxiate eventually due to a bad rng roll lol). So when you're choking, it makes no sense that sometimes you'd get stunned, and sometimes you wouldn't. I think that's quite unrealistic.

Similarly with BIO (poison) weapons. Either the poison is effective on the target, or it's not. There should be no stun randomness from one shot to the next. Consider the following scenario:
You shoot a guy, and he's like, "Haha, you did nothing, I'm immune to your poison!". And then you shoot him again, "Oh no, this poison is very effective, I'm passing out!".
The first shot and the second shot used the same poison, so obviously the above makes no sense. When you take a drug, you expect it to always work, and it's the same with poison.

I think that if the stun damage RNG on these weapons was removed (and stun damage halved, so that the average remains the same), it would make the mod feel more realistic, and it would make the game experience better due to better consistency.

The items I suggest changing are:
CHOKING:
Fire Extinguisher
Foam Grenade
BIO:
Universal Refresher
X-Vampiress
Auto-Harpoon Clip/Poison
Toxi-Lance
Blowpipe Poison Darts
Sleep Dart Clip (might also rename to Poison Dart Clip, because Tranq Dart Clip is already for sleep)
Poisoned Arrows
Scourge Clip/BIO
Cobra Staff (aimed shot)
Poisoned Dagger
Plague Bug

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 22, 2022, 10:35:37 pm »
I'd like it if Hellerium extraction from clips, for instance, H.Ext: Laspistol Clip/Adv (.5), was made cheaper.

10x Laspistol Clip/Adv sells for 20k.
10x Laspistol Clip sells for 5k
So to get 1 Hellerium, you lose 15k, pay 5k in material (2x sc wire), and spend 200 runt hours (worth what, 12k?). 32k to get 1 Hellerium. On the other hand, it costs 20k to just buy Hellerium from the store.