aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 305047 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #870 on: August 02, 2022, 09:42:03 am »
Luxury spa is 2x2, onsen is 1x1.

I would not call it obsolete. Very few buildings are direct upgrades.

The second yeah, would be something, but bear in mind that the "build over" quality is from the already placed building. You can build over a normal barracks, burrow, corridor, vaults, plantation. I think that's all of them. It does not matter WHAT you build over them, so long as the building footprint is the same size.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 09, 2022, 07:49:18 pm »
I'd like it if a change was made to CHOKING and BIO damage weapon/ammo.
The change would be:
- halve ToStun value
- set RandomStun to false

The reasoning is that, there should be less randomness with stun damage on these weapons. When you're breathing air, there is no random chance whether you'll breathe the air into your lungs or not. You always will (otherwise everyone would asphyxiate eventually due to a bad rng roll lol). So when you're choking, it makes no sense that sometimes you'd get stunned, and sometimes you wouldn't. I think that's quite unrealistic.

Similarly with BIO (poison) weapons. Either the poison is effective on the target, or it's not. There should be no stun randomness from one shot to the next. Consider the following scenario:
You shoot a guy, and he's like, "Haha, you did nothing, I'm immune to your poison!". And then you shoot him again, "Oh no, this poison is very effective, I'm passing out!".
The first shot and the second shot used the same poison, so obviously the above makes no sense. When you take a drug, you expect it to always work, and it's the same with poison.

I think that if the stun damage RNG on these weapons was removed (and stun damage halved, so that the average remains the same), it would make the mod feel more realistic, and it would make the game experience better due to better consistency.

The items I suggest changing are:
CHOKING:
Fire Extinguisher
Foam Grenade
BIO:
Universal Refresher
X-Vampiress
Auto-Harpoon Clip/Poison
Toxi-Lance
Blowpipe Poison Darts
Sleep Dart Clip (might also rename to Poison Dart Clip, because Tranq Dart Clip is already for sleep)
Poisoned Arrows
Scourge Clip/BIO
Cobra Staff (aimed shot)
Poisoned Dagger
Plague Bug

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 22, 2022, 10:35:37 pm »
I'd like it if Hellerium extraction from clips, for instance, H.Ext: Laspistol Clip/Adv (.5), was made cheaper.

10x Laspistol Clip/Adv sells for 20k.
10x Laspistol Clip sells for 5k
So to get 1 Hellerium, you lose 15k, pay 5k in material (2x sc wire), and spend 200 runt hours (worth what, 12k?). 32k to get 1 Hellerium. On the other hand, it costs 20k to just buy Hellerium from the store.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 18, 2022, 10:07:09 pm »
actually that would do very "back to the future", :) it wouldn't fit in the setting...

hey please might the mod get a more cool bootypedia and hangar sprite for the v8? don't know if it is i tended but right now it resembles a pimp car!!  ;D

Also new basic outfits, manufacturable in early game with nome and/or research steps:

slave soldiers: commando, pioneer, outlaw

peasant: leather, (a steampunk, an human verson of gal durathread one, an example here,) buckskinner (unlockable before "militia"), gendarme (might be a "militia" upgrade...).and colonist, see here!

damsels: dukess, countess.

gals: gunslinger (with a nice bandolier...), skirmisher (inspiration here), cyberpunk

Oh and please, how about to integrate high quality sounds unofficial mod? Or at least make avaiable as sideload sa the oak patch. Hear that homefront rifle sound, it really nice...:P

... and actually simo more "maritime" ones would be fitti g, eg "sea master" and "boatswain" (earlirer types like sailor, but gals only), "seaman" and "canbin boy" (slave soldiers only)

any more suggestions about armors? I'd also remove the x5 XP multiplier bonus on the sailor outfit - i think is rather cheaty - or at least reduce to x2 and make a "musketeer" armor gal only which might give a 15% saving bonus on TUs with  arquebus, muskets and flintlock pistol and rifle, and add another basic SS armor, a step before The operator one (matybe a milita version for SS)  even with a different name

Also: another "masochist" option would be to separate aa defences from vaults so:

1) startin hideout has no defence at all but along the ones unlockables player might research the armored vaults to upgrade the vanilla ones

2) get the rid from the game of the armored vaults so player might research and build defences ascseparate buildungs, but the starting hideout gas no defence at all

3) like 2 but aa defences as a consequences are separate buildings avaiable from the start but research is required to build these

i'd go for the 2) or 3) please write your take on it

Edit: would be also cool that player is  given the opportunity to interviene in a civil war in one country and to support one of the facrion involved or even stop the conflict, with various consequences..

Edit 2: as for the shiny niner, would be nice if ramshackle rifle might become "renewed rifle" after sime polishing, same stats but asisn a very very inaccurate autofire. Oh and the magnum niner clips should be researcheble fisrt, not buayable at the BM, that wpuld make more sense  :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:02:46 pm by ontherun »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 19, 2022, 06:58:39 pm »
As for missions, would be nice to have an early one, or a bounty D type, called "scalp hunt" some sort of competitive missione where player is asked to recover a scalp to sell for money, similar to what used to happen in history, see here  It's avrà but maybe an interesting idea...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #875 on: December 19, 2022, 08:10:50 pm »
As for missions, would be nice to have an early one, or a bounty D type, called "scalp hunt" some sort of competitive missione where player is asked to recover a scalp to sell for money, similar to what used to happen in history, see here  It's avrà but maybe an interesting idea...

We don't play as ratmen or even necropirates.

Offline mikKoi

• Sergeant
  • That's raider country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 22, 2022, 09:28:00 am »
I would like to see these couple simple items XPiratizedz:

Bear Trap to stop monsters, will they be offensives or not
- weighs like sins of the animal torturer
- takes 70% of TUs to set (and -10 energy)
- causes a small HP damage + total TU loss

Slingshot to ‘throw’ rocks across the map à la catapult style
- takes 50% of TUs to load Good Looking Rocks one by one

I can help and draw all sprites needed, without a deadline, np 8)

PS. Actually I might be able to submod this as a whole. If ever succeeded, then Bear Traps would be available to manufacture from the start by the cost of Scrap Metal and a Blood Hound (yeah of course why not, for some weird but simple gamey reasons). Slingshot then maybe could be just a matter of money and handcraft after some related and specific (but quite common) research.

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 22, 2022, 12:47:17 pm »
I'd would like a bomber in the middle game with IB slots. I recently discovered the joy of dropping avalanches on ninja land vessels, but there's no 'fast' bomber with IB slot between the incinerator and the devastator. Maybe a reconverted drakkar ?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2022, 05:18:12 pm »
I would like to see these couple simple items XPiratizedz:

Bear Trap to stop monsters, will they be offensives or not
- weighs like sins of the animal torturer
- takes 70% of TUs to set (and -10 energy)
- causes a small HP damage + total TU loss

Slingshot to ‘throw’ rocks across the map à la catapult style
- takes 50% of TUs to load Good Looking Rocks one by one

I can help and draw all sprites needed, without a deadline, np 8)

PS. Actually I might be able to submod this as a whole. If ever succeeded, then Bear Traps would be available to manufacture from the start by the cost of Scrap Metal and a Blood Hound (yeah of course why not, for some weird but simple gamey reasons). Slingshot then maybe could be just a matter of money and handcraft after some related and specific (but quite common) research.
yes, please?  :)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 23, 2022, 02:32:38 am »
There might be a big problem with using Good Looking Rocks as ammo, most likely it is impossible for item to act both as a weapon and ammunition for another one.
While sling and staff slings do sound like a good concept for early game long range explosive launchers, otherwise they could be always outclassed by bows.

Offline mikKoi

• Sergeant
  • That's raider country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 23, 2022, 10:01:14 am »
As a day passed, I had time to give more proper thought-out to experimental trap and sling items’ concepts.

A trap could give stabbing damage type to health for sure, but crippling damage type is the real problem solving case. Possibilities are, afaik, only stun, because vehicles and armored suits shouldn’t cripple as others. Also, does the target lose its TUs and freeze, energy and become a turret with reactions or have stun damage and go zzz’ing? And what about flying units? In inventory, I think Bear Trap could be a 2x2 item, so it would be harder to carry as numbers.

There might be a big problem with using Good Looking Rocks as ammo, most likely it is impossible for item to act both as a weapon and ammunition for another one.
While sling and staff slings do sound like a good concept for early game long range explosive launchers, otherwise they could be always outclassed by bows.

Sling could be stacked to a much smaller size than a bow, maybe even 1x2. I think I have read a post where Meridian said that you could make weapons that shoot weapons, but I dunno what it actually means.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 23, 2022, 11:40:37 am »
"make weapons that shoot weapons"
This was my quote but this will not work as you expected, this more that you can use other weapon like ammo but it will not be different to normal ammo.

Offline mikKoi

• Sergeant
  • That's raider country!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 23, 2022, 11:55:06 am »
Good to know, thank you, sir. So… then is just a must to manufacture some Good Looking Slingshot Ammo Pack (maybe 5 pieces) :P

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 24, 2022, 08:44:02 pm »
ExperimentX please refrain from the use of potentially derogatory terms when stating a request. Also this idea rather looks rather fetishist for a public board. Post removed.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 28, 2022, 04:48:31 pm »
 :D °° ^^what did he write ?
wat he wrote such < >D