Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304823 times)

Offline Alguien

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #825 on: February 07, 2022, 06:09:46 pm »
Syn even nude can be a right monster, innate resists on par with end game armor, twice the base armor of a gal and innate hp regen. The base package is so good they really don't fit on the scale. There isn't really design space for much more without cranking up the end game scale to match. Maybe someday but right now no need.

Those amazing stats came at the price of mecha Musume armor, sad but understandable.
Still hope for a flying syn armor one day.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 10, 2022, 04:26:18 pm »
.. and what a out a nice samurai and ronin outfit? Maybe after researching "contacts: fuso", along more weapons, an examole here. There are already a katana and shurikens, so why not?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 04:27:58 pm by ontherun »

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 10, 2022, 06:12:52 pm »
Those amazing stats came at the price of mecha Musume armor, sad but understandable.
Still hope for a flying syn armor one day.
Maybe, but it must be with huge penalties. Lore says that Syn can only walk, but not swim underwater. That means Syn weight a lot.

I'd like to see some armor with really big bonus to TU and STR. Also sniper armor, similar to Assassin armor for gals.
And armor with non-gold shield.

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 15, 2022, 09:08:02 am »
I doubt it'll ever happen but it would be neat to have the option near the start of the game to choose if you want to be sky pirates or sky ninjas, with the faction you don't choose becoming the enemy.

An option to take in or destroy the Narlocks once the Sky Ninjas and Jill are defeated would be a nice little option.

Having orks as a faction would be interesting.  First as a rival faction, then you can have the possibility of befriending or destroying them, with the befriending option later opening up the possibility of embracing the gospel of Gork and Mork, with all the orky voodoo that would involve.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:03:05 am by Moon_Dew »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 15, 2022, 03:15:09 pm »
...and since there are reference from the anachronox and the v8, i'd aks also for some knight rider one..

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2022, 09:35:09 am »
MEC-troopers and kinetic strike modules.  I know it wouldn't be quite the same without ragdoll physics, but it'd still be fun to punch a tough enemy to death with a robot suit, be it one piloted by an Uber Gal or one piloted by a Lokk-nar or Gnome.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 16, 2022, 01:44:51 pm »
don't know what are church misison, but a couple more might be added? As for the names "holy wars" and "tornado of souls" (a more "spiritual" one)

Edit: necropirates are minor competitor unlike the ninjas, but the former emlpoy crafts too, so would be nice to add a couple of player missions to flesh them out some more: two missione equivalnet to "ratmen rodeo" and "help the locknaars" but respectively attacking a necropirate camp and help mutants/neutrals to repel a necropirate raid. Even ratmen use vehicles and can raid player base, so i thought: why not expand necropirate power?

Edit 2: i would see fitting a judas priest battlescape track cover: "all guns blazing" :P

Edit 3: i think it was never been suggested, bbut hiw a out a catapulta, being manudacturable afrer ressearchin "primitive weapons"?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 04:32:49 pm by ontherun »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 25, 2022, 08:28:27 pm »
I'd like to see a single-turn Electro-flare item. It would be useful because in the night missions you usually only want to illuminate an enemy for a single turn, which is usually long enough to kill them. I don't like using fire because it's too random.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 25, 2022, 11:21:39 pm »
Have you tried fire arrows? They only light one tile and don't last long, and can be applied with decent precision.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 26, 2022, 12:01:13 am »
Have you tried fire arrows? They only light one tile and don't last long, and can be applied with decent precision.

I have. But fire on an unflammable tile normally lasts 2 turns (~10% chance for 1 turn, not sure about the mechanics). Still, 2 turns for me is inconvenient, because you usually want to finish every mission within 3 turns.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:19:32 am by Delian »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 02, 2022, 12:00:03 am »
Hello dear modmaker, here is some stuff I think will make this awesome project even more so:
More mid/ late - game enemies, include:
Doom – Cyber daemon (powerful kick, rocket launcher with 2-3 shots per round)
Doom – mancubus (heavy flamer, grenade launcher with napalm ammo)
Megapol – police mech/droid http://www.theoldrobots.com/images27/ED209-2.JPG
Chrysalid queen – resized tank-sized chrisalid with more armour and tank-crushing claws.
Cyber-mastiff as mid-late game useful upgraded doggo, similar as hellhounds are early-mid game upgrade to the dog. Like robo-parrots.
Up-scaled versions of animals for more challenging late-game primal hunts. Tank-sized spider queen, rad scorpion and such, with lots of hp, some armour and high aggression parameter so it doesn’t loiter under fire but charges into melee.

Enemy equipment modifications:
Lobstermen should not be randomly equipped with weak missile weapons: as it stands now, lobstermen hang back and shoot ineffectually doing nothing to even midgame armour, instead of rushing forth to use their mighty claws.
Stormrats are interesting concept, but by the time they appear, their pistols are useless crap, and they don’t pose any danger despite their toughness.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 02, 2022, 09:25:07 am »
I am gonna have to disagree with you there. Lobsterman can pick up and use the dreaded doom pipes. They are not equipped with weak weapons, they pick them up on their own and shoot. Dio said this was intentional.

As for storm rats, their guns are dangerous for when they appear, whachoo on about. Highway house can be reseachged as early as March, and they are also part of the bandit crackdown that can also appear as early.

Maybe post-metal armor or chainmail one is mostly safe, but until then, they are dangerous.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 02, 2022, 07:08:41 pm »
Chrysalid queen – resized tank-sized chrisalid with more armour and tank-crushing claws.

NO, GOD, PLEASE NOOOO!

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 02, 2022, 07:14:44 pm »
For now, i really want at least one underwater HWP.
Like Underwater tank or something like that.

Don't know why or what for.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 03, 2022, 10:55:58 am »
For now, i really want at least one underwater HWP.
Like Underwater tank or something like that.

Don't know why or what for.

...Or a dolphin/shark scantly-clad diver uber-girl rides, akin to hyena rider ;)