Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304768 times)

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #810 on: January 13, 2022, 02:39:05 am »
There's also a trick regarding hunter killers.  You use a faster craft to bait the hunter killer into chasing them to another ship.  Then they get kraked ;)

In any case, that's just how you use a kraken.  High powered missiles from multiple ships works if you're less concerned with money and more with score.  If you have the gauss coils to spare, lancers are best for hit and run due to the range. (viper figther: 45, lancer 65)

You also only want to use naval guns against big ships like the science vessel, against a dodgy low/unarmored ship you'd want beam lasers.  Although these days beams do 50% less damage.

Thanks Greep. Never thought of that before. Guess it's due to old habits from original XCOM where you just need 1 ship to kill another enemy ship.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 13, 2022, 07:23:06 pm »
I want a mission of big, huge, ENORMOUS battle!
Over two hundreds of enemies, maybe wave by wave.

Sooooo... you want a space freighter?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 18, 2022, 09:52:34 am »
Hello, another idea, how about to add another primitive gun, maybe replacing the ramshacke rifle? I was thinking about fallout 4 pipe gun alike, it might be unlockable after havin research "primitive weapons", or replace the former after unlocking contacts:merchants.

I don't know, it might have less musket damage, eg. 40 but some more range and less time units to file. Of cours eno bayonet and gunbutt attack.The ramshacke imght also get polished fomr the rust and and ecentually change name like RCF rifle!?  ;D

UAC carabine should only be carried by dark ones zombie trooper eventually, but sometimes in early game researchers have it...

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 18, 2022, 02:16:24 pm »
Why?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 18, 2022, 04:00:48 pm »
Why?

Just being a mashochist! Jokes aside, gals should earn trust on the earth gradually, so pleople in first place wont sell the prime choice goodies...on the other hand they have to experience efforts finding and creating tools of the trade useful in the menatime...

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 18, 2022, 04:41:27 pm »
Ramshackle rifles are not exactly top-of-the line tech, you know.

That's why I asked why. Replacing one shitty gun with another shitty gun seems like pointless busywork.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 18, 2022, 08:27:01 pm »
But there never will be enough shitty guns to use during pirate career!

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 18, 2022, 11:54:16 pm »
Actually it's not a matter of guns per se but to have a more progressive tech progress, avcording also to player reputation, in fact the "primitive weapons" topics go toward this way, also "fire walk with me" and in general all those generated by the "our culture"  one.

i forgot anyway to point out that that pipe gun should fire flintlock balls..

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: January 19, 2022, 12:22:08 am »
I think you seriously underestimate the quantity of trash weapons in this game ontherun.  Behold, the evolution of the musket:

https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_FLINTLOCK_MUSKET
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_FLINTLOCK_MUSKET_B
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_HARQUEBUS
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_AIR_MUSKET

That said, I can't remember the last time I bought a ramshackle rifle, there always seems to be some random junk I can use instead as loot :/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:30:22 am by Greep »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 19, 2022, 09:25:18 am »
I think you seriously underestimate the quantity of trash weapons in this game ontherun.  Behold, the evolution of the musket:

https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_FLINTLOCK_MUSKET
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_FLINTLOCK_MUSKET_B
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_HARQUEBUS
https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_AIR_MUSKET

That said, I can't remember the last time I bought a ramshackle rifle, there always seems to be some random junk I can use instead as loot :/

Actually ramshackle rifle it's not such: it has a pretty deadly range and accuracy to be "ramshackle"; it might need to be tuned downs according toits name, as well as ol' carabine, which is an excellent sniping gun far better that the huntuing rifle; heck it's XIX century hardware, shiul be far less accurate!  ;D

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: January 22, 2022, 11:29:19 am »
It would be cool to have a mission where you attack big government base.
Essentially using the same/similar map to "help friendly gov defend from ninja land cruiser assault" mission, but you are attacker instead of ninjas.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 22, 2022, 02:48:56 pm »
I feel like there is too small amount armors for Syn and Gnome.
And if last one easily can use something tank-like, Syn has very poor choice.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 09:09:57 pm by Earthquake »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: January 24, 2022, 05:41:26 am »
Syn even nude can be a right monster, innate resists on par with end game armor, twice the base armor of a gal and innate hp regen. The base package is so good they really don't fit on the scale. There isn't really design space for much more without cranking up the end game scale to match. Maybe someday but right now no need.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 24, 2022, 03:57:51 pm »
I was doing on Primal hunts for some time and it was mighty good fun.
But I feel this concept could be expanded, adding mission in "medieval world" with swords and bows and thrown axes and perhaps even "wild west world" with flintlocks and such.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: January 31, 2022, 12:09:08 am »
I was doing on Primal hunts for some time and it was mighty good fun.
But I feel this concept could be expanded, adding mission in "medieval world" with swords and bows and thrown axes and perhaps even "wild west world" with flintlocks and such.

actually that would do very "back to the future", :) it wouldn't fit in the setting...

hey please might the mod get a more cool bootypedia and hangar sprite for the v8? don't know if it is i tended but right now it resembles a pimp car!!  ;D

Also new basic outfits, manufacturable in early game with nome and/or research steps:

slave soldiers: commando, pioneer, outlaw

peasant: leather, (a steampunk, an human verson of gal durathread one, an example here,) buckskinner (unlockable before "militia"), gendarme (might be a "militia" upgrade...).and colonist, see here!

damsels: dukess, countess.

gals: gunslinger (with a nice bandolier...), skirmisher (inspiration here), cyberpunk

Oh and please, how about to integrate high quality sounds unofficial mod? Or at least make avaiable as sideload sa the oak patch. Hear that homefront rifle sound, it really nice...:P