Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 310845 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #645 on: October 30, 2020, 02:32:30 pm »
If you cheat like you do, ofc decision to sell the vaults is an easy one - you can cheat your ass out of any sudden attack on your base, so its defensive capacity is useless.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 31, 2020, 07:32:43 pm »
The (mega) annoying part is specific case in manufacture screen. Specific but frequently used. By default when you scroll down and MMB an item somewhere in the middle of a huge list, then AYE yourself out - list remains scrolled where you left it. BUT if you do that after changing CATEGORY drop-down, scroll down to inspect and exit - you will lose some hair every time as it puts you back into "All Items" listing while of course resting the darn scroll position as sugar on top. Can it be made to it remembers scroll position for selected CATEGORY, at least until you exit production screen? I see that when it throws you back, All Items list is moved by same amount of lines you scrolled in specific category. May be worth a look.

Fixed.

PS: out of curiosity, why do you even use MMB here? It doesn't give any additional info on this screen, compared to LMB.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 31, 2020, 08:26:35 pm »
Not fixed :)
LMB now behaves as I hoped MMB would. Frankly I haven't even used LMB there in a way that would cause the problem because it was always after MMB inspection. Meaning there was no need to return to previous position/category, it was fire and forget after production decision was made.
LMB changes color coding of production activity after exiting the following screen, while MMB leaves it intact. I use this subtle but important difference to somewhat organize the ever-growing list in quickest way possible. Gotta use everything at my disposal. Please, is it possible to apply this behavior to MMB? To remember scroll position & category selection, but not change line color.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 31, 2020, 08:54:01 pm »
Not fixed :)

I didn't say it was released, I said it was fixed.
It will be released with the next OXCE version.

xcomfan

« Reply #649 on: October 31, 2020, 10:54:06 pm »
In L5 there are a couple of new startin mission, the "haunted forest" and,  well that's not strictly a mission, the ability to intercept necropirates riding a farm ran ny uber gals which if we save might recruit  8)

I'd like to see aome more of such, one at least involving ratmen or stormrats, the latter i see are featured only in the !highway house! mission :P

I like talso ddiction that you cold recruit damsels, thouth these should be a bit more skilled than peasants, would like to see a couple of specific armors for them too, for instance some here...

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 10:58:46 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #650 on: November 01, 2020, 03:21:11 am »
In L5 there are a couple of new startin mission, the "haunted forest" and,  well that's not strictly a mission, the ability to intercept necropirates riding a farm ran ny uber gals which if we save might recruit  8)

Both of these missions are old. Haunted forest I think is from L4, the necropirate one has at least a year.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 01, 2020, 03:10:29 pm »
I like talso ddiction that you cold recruit damsels, thouth these should be a bit more skilled than peasants, would like to see a couple of specific armors for them too, for instance some here...

If youy wanna be very fussy about it, better the damsel have their own kind of armor, 3 or 4 would be more than enough, better named after noble titles, like "dukess" and so on.. maybe in later version, who knows

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #652 on: November 01, 2020, 05:19:37 pm »
If youy wanna be very fussy about it, better the damsel have their own kind of armor, 3 or 4 would be more than enough, better named after noble titles, like "dukess" and so on.. maybe in later version, who knows

It could clash with pirate titles, though, since many are noble titles.

I personally think "Renaissance jobs" would fit, like scribe, merchant etc. But I'm not confident enough about this idea yet. :)

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 01, 2020, 08:37:09 pm »
It could clash with pirate titles, though, since many are noble titles.

I personally think "Renaissance jobs" would fit, like scribe, merchant etc. But I'm not confident enough about this idea yet. :)

Other possible solution: rename the peasant ones eg: peasant militia to militia, peasant fusilier to fusilier and so on...

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #654 on: November 02, 2020, 01:37:47 am »
Damsels are burgeoisie, not nobility.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 02, 2020, 10:20:39 pm »
Damsels are burgeoisie, not nobility.

Actually, true. What about a marquees armor, here. Well "fusilier" isvnot that poetic, id prefer trooper  :P

Offline EryliaStarheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 03, 2020, 03:45:42 am »
First of all, massive thanks to the developers of Piratez, as well as everyone helping out. Having enjoyed this mod a lot, I've tried to cobble together some assets. Here's an armor suit/mech/whatever made with the goal of testing just how large can a single tile fully animated unit be. Right now all animations work smoothly and it's time to do the fun part - the actual body. Taking suggestions from everyone here as to what extra additions and/or faction livery it could use before finalizing and making supplementary images for pedia/corpse/icon. Here's a couple preliminary versions: plain black slab onto which a viewport can be added, or, well... Trollen-Lagann.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:22:40 am by EryliaStarheart »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #657 on: November 03, 2020, 03:27:49 pm »
These sprites are quite impressive. I don't know if they need anything more (and if they would, it can easily be added later; easier to add than to remove). The hardest part is always the animation (or, in your case, equally hard was fitting them into a single tile). Personally I was thinking about some kind of extra heavy armor for Gnomes and/or Lokk'naars.

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 03, 2020, 07:33:48 pm »
@EryliaStarheart: very excellent work

@Dioxine: i saw there are a spear, a pike and even a boathook, wonder if in the mod is present an halberd. If not, it might be added along a new kind of armor, halberdier, what do you think about? As for noble titles, there are a few clues here: click.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #659 on: November 03, 2020, 08:16:23 pm »
Well, there is a bardiche :)