Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 83148 times)

Offline xcomfan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #630 on: September 05, 2020, 07:44:11 pm »
Ok, in the meantime i get to that, an idea for a new mission may be an academy convoy assault,  a variation of scientific experiments mission, where gals intercept a couple of academy ambulances during a raid on a mutant village so it should be set in next to some buildings.

Should be an early mission too like the experiments one, no needed research to unlock it, though It's a primitive idea, might be worth to develop it...?

To complicate matters, expedition could not go on land, once logisc is researched a new type of vessel may become avaiable: ancien' boat! Of course to make sense should required by  missions set in the ocean like boat assault, similar to cruiser terror sites in TFTD, but this gomna like take a load of time to implement, just saying..

And in the end, a must have might be some pirate-themed music, or even metal inspired  8)

Trivia: 1984's c64 game aquanaut featured drunken sailor as soundtrack
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 08:02:00 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Incendictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 24, 2020, 05:00:17 am »
Militia has exp gain if I remember correctly. Maid outfit for peasants just waits for you to sprite it.

Done as said. Posted here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8598.0.html

Offline xcomfan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 08, 2020, 12:45:58 pm »
I'd like to see some kind of mission demolition derby alike where only vehicles are allowed, and the goal is to destory the enemy! probably might be even possible, by giving a vehicle a type of melee attack aimed at the purpose, i don't know...

Also, along with "birdshot" anouthe type of shotgun ammo may added, "buckshot" (a standard sprite of shell painted blue and red instead red only) that is more powerful that shell itselft...but tuhe former might need to be weakened..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #633 on: October 08, 2020, 12:47:31 pm »
I'd like to see some kind of mission demolition derby alike where only vehicles are allowed, and the goal is to destory the enemy!

Actually, this is a fun idea and it seems to fit the design.

Offline xcomfan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 08, 2020, 01:35:16 pm »
Actually, this is a fun idea and it seems to fit the design.

yes, might be funny  :D pheraphs more of a Jack bounty misison? i forgot to mention: the LASS seems to be more powerfull than the panzerfaust, should n't be the other way round? The second is more ancient than the first, at least so i though might be able to destroy a tank, accordin to what i experienced in a previous run in the "sitzkrieg" mission two shots may get the job done... while panzerfaust three...if so the faust should be  less expensive and more common over the LASS...well i don't know again.  :-\

In the mid game when the gal are well enstabilished a a "crime force" the "infested cellar" seems to lose its sense, maybe it might be replace and disabled by another mission unlocked by some research/player choices

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 08, 2020, 03:24:24 pm »
LASS is kinda more powerful in a way, it has less raw power by 60, but the panzerfaust has a rather steep damage dropoff of 30 per tile. This means the lass is a bit more reliable on average then the panzer. A low damage roll can often mean that the panzer's additional hits against 2x2 units fail to penetrate since 2 suffer -30 and the last -60.