aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304908 times)

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #600 on: June 11, 2020, 12:48:02 pm »
A prison break mission where gals have to free someone may be a nice bounty mission.

You really need to play more and post less, this is already in the game and has been for a long time.

xcomfan

« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2020, 07:38:42 pm »
You really need to play more and post less, this is already in the game and has been for a long time.

Ah ok good ;)

Adding to the previous post another replacement name for "snake" might be "albatross"; switching the colors may be more appropriate too (snakes are associated with the green color, in the common sense, while albatross are protagonist of some literature legend, eg. rime of the ancient mariner). A lil spoiler for a kinda ramshackle pistol:
Spoiler:
as early low tech weapon buyable at the market, the in the beginning sells junk, essenctially. The energy rifle might be unlocked along with smugglers (did not see in any majir mod until now).

I tryed gray, green and gold codex, anyway never encountered sharkmen, please may also they made more common along the deep ones? Other cool futher addictions may be an "octopus man" (see here for possible inspiration) or even the Octabrain from Duke Nukem 3D

Dioxine: how about to add some tunes from a youtube user named "el guitar tom" Lots of his songs are freely avaiable for downloading, check a sample here midi version instead here. Care also for some ideas from nerf guns? And what about a space rangers rifle (only a pistol is featured until now).

...guys?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 07:41:01 pm by xcomfan »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2020, 10:12:30 pm »
^^
also consider look at this mini-rifle - Space Pirateyz gun : http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/225167

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:30:39 pm by RolandVasko »

xcomfan

« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2020, 11:12:29 pm »
@RolandVasko: thanks for removing the preview!

I'd like to see some more early game missions too involving minor factions;, for intance as of now !bandit business! spawns only bandit town mission, i'd add at least another one, along one more with ratmen  Also necropirate might be player in such missions.

Any ideas on mission variety?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:24:11 pm by xcomfan »

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 13, 2020, 06:56:25 pm »
Any ideas on mission variety?

Would be nice to rescue brainers in a same way as castaway gals. Сould be runaway brainer willing to join your ranks for example.
Personally I would prefer this more than just buying brainers like common supply from the very start of the game.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2020, 10:31:18 pm »
I'm fairly certain that castaways can be recruited as brainers.  Though it could be interesting if early on the only way to recruit them was through missions, it would seriously slow down the early game, which would need rebalancing a lot of things.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2020, 11:22:10 pm »
I'm fairly certain that castaways can be recruited as brainers.  Though it could be interesting if early on the only way to recruit them was through missions, it would seriously slow down the early game, which would need rebalancing a lot of things.

Actually castaways cannot be recruited as brainers in early game since you don't have necessary techs. Later you do but barely need since brainers can be just purchased while lunatics not.

I don't think that option to get brainers for free may slowdown an early game or makes balancing more difficult, rather opposite.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2020, 03:02:49 pm »
Would be nice to rescue brainers in a same way as castaway gals. Сould be runaway brainer willing to join your ranks for example.
Personally I would prefer this more than just buying brainers like common supply from the very start of the game.

i agree, ..and not just one brainer, but whole pack, whole research team - and just it would be part of a mission, or the goal of a mission - something like Localize and penetrate enemy Testing and Development Camp, and Capture of enemy scientist, or Rescue,pick-up of renegade team of researchers

xcomfan

« Reply #608 on: June 14, 2020, 06:23:34 pm »
Actually i'd keep as it is know, once you got the tech, castaways saved can be turned into brainers; it's an alternaive way to get them, probalby the buyings sistem at the black market is fine.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2020, 09:21:05 am »
snip
Edit: Found out that the positions that trigger the gas are the sides of the black and yellow squared stripes tiles, correct me if i am wrong, it's cool it might be activated also from the inside!
snip

The bombs can indeed be triggered from the inside. The bombs act like proximity mines. Walking into any adjacent square will fire them, and there just so happens to be little dead end passages inside adjacent to the striped tiles.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2020, 10:24:16 pm »
The trade-off of having to rescue brainers and then recruit them would be that early game you wouldn't be able to buy them, you'd need to have the right successful missions, and it would take workshop man-hours to actually recruit them.  A benefit would be that you wouldn't have to put 200000 per brainer hire into your accounts until later.

You're right that turning castaways into brainers is a later tech and not worth losing a lunatic.

But if it were set up so that you had to recruit brainers in that manner, it would have to take into account a sharply lowered brainer amount for most of the early game.  So it would have to be rebalanced around the slower knowledge gain and lower income.  Which could be interesting, but would definitely have a different feel to the game.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 16, 2020, 04:35:54 am »
Brainers are lab-raised valuable slaves, by the word of the god. Thus I consider legit for them to join you for free and by free will, depending on your recent mounthly infamy rating, after escaping from their legal owners, to get picked up by rescue team, or being freed from one of think tanks or other facility where they kept in or exploited. Later brainers could be acquired or redeemed via bounty and tokens system, when required conditions will be reached. Current system where one of the most valuable, exclusively raised hi-tech slavestock could be "bought" by a flock of dressed-up lunatics anytime and freely like a pile of tribal rags seems not fully legit by lore.

I suppose brainers to join you without necessity of being processed by small-minded runts. Same as free brainers can not slow down a player progress while being thrown in timely. For the god's sake, how free resurce throwing could not be dedicated to manage progress and balance?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2020, 04:56:54 am »
By lore, the Lunatics shouldn't even have the contract to cause trouble for the factions until at least a few research topics into their tree, but mechanically we can't do that, I don't know if it's impossible or merely difficult, but end result is that the contract is a starting thing.

By lore, it would make sense to have trained brainers be more difficult to get, but mechanically it may be less than ideal.

If the Lore conflicts with reasonable game mechanics or would lead to something that gets in the way of enjoyment, it is liable to be ignored or handwaved.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, and though I think it could be fun to mess with a less stable brainer supply, it doesn't actually sound like it would enhance the experience overall.

If it helps, that 200000 cost to get a brainer might be going entirely to a black ops group who finds a willing brainer and smuggles them out to you.

Though if anyone is actively interested in that sort of thing, isn't that what mods are for? Balancing would likely be a bitch and half, but perhaps it might be worth it.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 16, 2020, 06:56:57 am »
Bad, bad lore  ;D
Of course I can make my own but it will not be XPiratez, so... nah.

For gaming experience it could be:
  • useful to get few free brainers early (for some speed-up and less money-grinding);
  • more fun to receive a key human resource as a valuable trophy (not just by a single costly click);
  • good to see your perfomance rewarded with means to get more fun with new stuff;
  • more options for bounty and tokens system (you need to do something with surplus brainers sooner or later anyway).

Not sure if it worth to worry about balance too much, even it was existing. I mean, I see efforts, but so far my game experience tends to be like: "easy, easy, boring, easy, easy, GET SOME HAMMER TO YOUR FACE, start over". I definitely don't want to say that loosing is not fun, rather opposite, it brings quite unique experience. But to ballance a system with so much stuff and variety seems not really possible and maybe even necessary. So the main idea here is to bring more fun and variety.

xcomfan

« Reply #614 on: June 18, 2020, 08:18:17 pm »
I'd like to see the kraken equipped with anotjer dorr ot its left side, as highlighted in the attached screenshot  8)