aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304630 times)

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2018, 05:45:04 am »
I would like to see following techs added:
- Recruit: Peasant
- Recruit: Slave Soldier
- Recruit: Bugeye
So their maximums no longer will be mystery. :)

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2018, 09:58:41 am »
Yup, this would be very nice.

Also I wonder if we ever get late game soldier transformations (the hellerians X wants to make, possibly also uber-vampires)?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2018, 11:49:54 am »
Well... Cyborgs on both sides and more "iconic" guns.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2018, 08:11:58 pm »
all that active -defensive stuffs and counter-measures, needed for hi-tech (underground) shelter, /bunker base :

AI scanners, securities, & actively self-defenses, and hi-tech, smart Sentry-guns, gatlings, and lasers, /plasmas guarding the Hangars, Entry Hall, corridors

(including the "gas halls, & high-energy elmag defenses.. )

..all such hi-tech securities and effective defense

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:19 pm »
Chill, that's the stuff I'm currently working on.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2018, 11:33:59 pm »
yay, thx!

(..but why not also my suggestions for those stilsuits, and various veathers protections clothes (4 into extreme climates)

Offline IRBaboon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2018, 10:37:27 am »
I want to add something to the mission ideas XCOMJunkie put up.

But firstly, I wish to thank Dioxin and all the other contributors for the enormous hard work on this fantastically detailed mod. Its scale, story, humor, depth of thought, and vision have taken X-com to a new-level that the original game actually did not contain in the first place.

So by making suggestions, I humbly acknowledge that I have no idea how to mod, and that it is very easy to make content suggestions from the comfort of my arm-chair, while not raising a single finger.

Nonetheless, here is my 5 cents:

1] Take Down the Watchtower >> Take the Outpost...Out? Imagine a remix of the watchtower and the warehouse. Basically the warehouse mission, but the tower is bigger, has slits to shoot out, it has a perimeter fence, and the troops inside are a bit heavier. Imagine they also have a static cannon even. Same idea, different difficulty level.
2] Humanist parade through a mutant street. A sort of terrorist attack organized by the mutant alliance. But an interesting option would be to make it more specialized: perhaps a certain important leader needs to be assassinated, and you only go in with a two-unit team. Add an overwhelming amount of enemies, and the player is forced to rely on camo, the right guns, and the right two snipers. Afterwards, they must hot-tail out to an extraction point.
3] Smuggler's warehouse raid. This would be an interesting alternative to the normal warehouse raid, which gets a bit old the 200th time.

I could add:
4] Tank Hunting Trip: A humanist armor team is on its way to a mutant village. Ambush the tanks and destroy all of them.
By now there is so much interesting anti-armor weapons that it would be a waste not to have a serious chance to use it against a larger pack of tanks. This could be an interesting mission is this regard.

5] A mutant town has been under siege for several weeks, but we got news that the city walls have just fallen. Take a team and break the siege before the citadel is stormed and the surviving mutant civilians are wiped out.

6] Cash-in-transit heist. (Perhaps a low-level mission, used for raising cash in the early days...?) An inside informant has given us solid info about a government convoy carrying taxes. Between moving the cash from the local municipality to the air transport dust-off site, it is hauled by road. This would be a good chance for us to do a bit of "fund-raising" for our ventures. The informant is one of the convoy security team. We agreed to not kill him, but we'll need to take him hostage so that he has a plausible story (if the informant survives the battle, you get a special prisoner who can be processed in a special way, perhaps providing some interesting research topic before being let loose).

7] "And that's how I met your mother, when she invented the trench-gun...". A mission that has a map made of trenches, poison gas, and (don't know if it's possible to deploy them activated...) landmines(?). The ghouls have been attacking the edge of a mutant town for several months, but the fight has ended in a stalemate, and everyone has entrenched themselves quite nicely. If a wet, mud-filled hole full of rats, dead bodies, poison gas and rain can be called "nice". Perhaps this could be the place that leads to the trench-gun being found and researched? It could build on the original blurb.

And here is my final idea:
Can blocks move during battle? I have no idea if this possibility exists within the limits of the open-xcom engine, but if it could, my next question would be: could a set of blocks, let's say for argument's sake, something of the size and structure of the landed airbus, be allowed to be moved and rotated as a controllable vehicle? The idea being that a modest set of blocks, not ridiculously sized, be used to create a small armored vehicle.
Imagine a compact IFV or APC, with a door, gun slits, roof cover, a fake/static block that looks like a driver, another fake who is a gunner, two security cameras on the outside, one little security camera with a machine gun, but best of all, team members can climb inside and be carried around the map. The walls of the vehicle could be specifically chosen to have a certain weakness, some of its tile could be explosive (so a wrong hit might cause the whole thing to explode and burst into flames). The two cameras and gun will be targeted, so it will attract fire.

If this could be done, vehicle's like this would add a whole aspect of compact, street-fighting vehicles to the game, especially changing the nature of urban battle during pogroms. Even simple technicals that provide light cover would be pretty amazing, as the gal standing on it would benefit from cover, and from saving action points, as she would not need to walk, as the vehicle would ferry them into position.

This might be a great idea....that is impossible to implement.
Whadya think?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2018, 11:07:35 am »
How about something easy to make such as: "Scion of a noble family ran away from home to join a band of spartans. We located the cave they holed up, thankfully he was too stupid to remove his subdermal locator. Bring the dumb lad back alive, how you deal with the spartan vermin is not our concern." The scion can be a simple recolour if spartan trooper sprite than can be sold for a lot of dosh (or perhaps bounty hunt tokens) if captured but results in significant infamy loss if killed.

niculinux

« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2018, 07:35:52 pm »

1] Take Down the Watchtower >> Take the Outpost...Out? Imagine a remix of the watchtower and the warehouse. Basically the warehouse mission, but the tower is bigger, has slits to shoot out, it has a perimeter fence, and the troops inside are a bit heavier. Imagine they also have a static cannon even. Same idea, different difficulty level.

May be a mid game mission, an "advsnced" version the watchover ones

6] Cash-in-transit heist. (Perhaps a low-level mission, used for raising cash in the early days...?) An inside informant has given us solid info about a government convoy carrying taxes. Between moving the cash from the local municipality to the air transport dust-off site, it is hauled by road. This would be a good chance for us to do a bit of "fund-raising" for our ventures. The informant is one of the convoy security team. We agreed to not kill him, but we'll need to take him hostage so that he has a plausible story (if the informant survives the battle, you get a special prisoner who can be processed in a special way, perhaps providing some interesting research topic before being let loose).

may be an early mission; no research to unlock it?

The other are somewhat difficult ones! At least may spoera as mid/late game?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2018, 07:54:28 pm »
I like the list, most of these missions are doable (though not all).
I also like that while the needed work varies a lot between them, they tend to not be more work intensive than necessary. Overall as good and sober design as possible without knowing the engine.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2018, 07:56:14 pm »
If moving map tiles was possible, I'd have done it long time ago...

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:55 pm »
The cash mission sounds a bit like the Death and Taxes one introduced recently though.

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #207 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:12 pm »
1idea: Swiss Knife!

(a multi-tool, such set of survivals, useful (pocket) tools,  -

- th *Survival Kit!

@IRBaboom: Great Ideas!

especially i like the *tank platoon mission, (humanist parade, /panzers conwoy, and the tax & civilians, /hostages "saving" missions as well
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:37:37 pm by LytaRyta »

Offline IRBaboon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 30, 2018, 09:32:43 am »
If moving map tiles was possible, I'd have done it long time ago...

Dioxine, you broke my heart. T_T
I thought it was wishful thinking...

But again. Thanks so much for your awesome work, as well as the others whose stuff has been included.
What fun this mod is...^^

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #209 on: November 03, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »
just new 1idea:

add new type of mission - *industry espionage (/ "patents theft" :

Taskforce of few gals would infiltrate to (for example) Academy research base, or Experiment´ Camp, or Academy´Research Labolatories,Centre, penetrate to their R-D department, into any of Academy´s Core Developers Section, and steal (copy) from there some key, crucial -needed results, breakthrought of their R & D Projects..

as awards you will get for free (at least) 1, or more, few of new techs..

btw. - real Sabre (/Hotol)

https://www.reactionengines.co.uk/sabre

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:21:06 pm by LytaRyta »