aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676764 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.03)
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 02:42:30 pm »
I'm having trouble - weapons are not displaying in the inventory (except original ones). I'm using latest .dmg version of openxcom and the version of twots from this thread. Anyone knows how to solve this issue on Mac?

Can you name 2 or 3 specific weapons that are not displaying?
A screenshot wouldn't hurt either.

Offline nev3rm0re

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »
Can you name 2 or 3 specific weapons that are not displaying?
A screenshot wouldn't hurt either.

All of them, except magna-blast and dye grenades, also flares. They are still there, I can hover over them, pick them up, unload/reload etc.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 07:29:25 pm »
All of them, except magna-blast and dye grenades, also flares. They are still there, I can hover over them, pick them up, unload/reload etc.

Can you try for example Ion cannon?
(try using New Battle mode for example)

If you see Ion cannon, but don't see the Knife... then the issue is with image format... GIF vs PNG... I remember Mac version had issues with GIFs.

Offline nev3rm0re

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2017, 02:15:48 pm »
Can you try for example Ion cannon?
(try using New Battle mode for example)

If you see Ion cannon, but don't see the Knife... then the issue is with image format... GIF vs PNG... I remember Mac version had issues with GIFs.

Yeah, it's exactly as you said - i can see Ion Cannon, but cannot see the knife. How do I fix it? Will batch converting all GIFs to PNGs help?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2017, 08:08:00 pm »
Yeah, it's exactly as you said - i can see Ion Cannon, but cannot see the knife. How do I fix it? Will batch converting all GIFs to PNGs help?
Yes, if you will also rename them all in the file "\ruleset\ExstraSprites.rul"

Offline nev3rm0re

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2017, 05:52:09 pm »
Hello, it worked! Now I can enjoy playing, woohoo!  8)

Just in case someone might need it, attaching updated "ExtraSprites.rul" file and a list of GIF files in the mod. Scripts I used to convert files can be found at https://gist.github.com/nev3rm0re/79fcc7a1bf97f05c27505c687a8b9001

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »
Hullo,
Enjoying the mod thus far, have lost a few to cultists and... half-lizardmen? Glad to see the Lovecraft elements taken further!

I have nothing useful to say beyond that, aside from a map error. I installed the data patch from openxcom.org, so I don't think it's an issue with the vanilla data, but who knows with TFTD.
Save and log attached. If this is indeed a bug with the mod, hope this helps nail it down.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2017, 04:43:24 am »
nadir, most of these warnings can be removed with newcivilian's combo patch: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4128.msg71448.html#msg71448
I am still thinking how to include this great work in my mod.
Also, thanks for feedback.

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2017, 04:58:38 am »
I am having a problem with this mod, i can not start it. TWOTS 1_08 works for me, though.  Can I get help, please? The picture is what I get when I try and start it.
line 23 in Starting Conditions shows no problems to me.

Thank you

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2017, 05:46:33 am »
Strange... line 23 is just diving suit.

Maybe some rule file is damaged? How about reinstall (or re-download)?

Also i can suggest to put mod into "*openxcom folder*\user\mods\" folder. It must be there i think.

I will try to compose next version with executables and all other files, for "unpack and run" purpose.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 05:48:30 am by Nord »

Offline D3LTA WAV3

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2017, 10:05:06 pm »
None of that seemed to work. :(

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2017, 02:56:41 pm »
Odd.
I has only two options:
1. upgrade OXCE+ to 3.9c
2. upload an archive with your complete installation (OXCE folder), i can look into it.

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »
Hello all!

How exciting to stumble across this thread! I've been looking for a full game mod of TFTD and it looks like I have found one.

@Nord , if no one has done it already, I would be happy to proofread/spellcheck the English in your mod. I can help with American English better than UK English. Proofreading may end up spoiling the game for me, but since I haven't contributed anything to the community yet, I will still gladly do it. Just let me know how I can do that for you. Do I just read through and edit the "plain text" portions of the code and then send it back to you?

What is the status of this mod? Is it ready/stable enough for a playthough? May I ask how it compares to Civilian's mod of TFTD? Since I am not too good at fixing errors if something in the game is broken, I would like to play the more stable mod for TFTD. Even if you all think I'd be better off playing new_civilian's mod, I would still like to help with the spellchecking of this mod.

I'm excited to play this game again while waiting for OpenXCOM 2.0!

EDIT:

So I have been trying to get this mod going, but after I have read through this thread, I can see that I am very far behind. My goal here is to play a TFTD mod for the whole game, which is what TWoTS+ seems to be (even though I don't even know what the acronym means). However, in this thread there are mentions of OCXE+, new_civilians combo patch, and other mods.

Could somebody please tell me which mods are relevant here? I know you don't need to have every single mod going, but it seems stupid to try to play a random handful of mods just to have the game unbalanced or crash from conflicts.

What is OXCE+?
OXCE+ information: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5251.msg78299.html#msg78299

What is new_civilians combo patch? What other mods should be installed to go with TWoTS+?

I was able to figure out how to install the lastest nightly build, and I was able to also install the latest version of FMP, which is not relevant for TFTD, but I wanted to be sure I could do it.

The trouble now is that the one simple TFTD mod I tried to install only shows up in the UFO Defense MODS list. It was just a simple sound mod (for the Deep One's noises), so I copied it into the /mod folder in my 'user' folder, but it doesn't show up for TFTD, only UFO Defense. Where are TFTD mods supposed to be placed?
For some reason that particular mod didn't work for me. However, I've successfully installed new_civilian's My_TFTD_Mod v.1.02 just by copying it into the /mods folder (same as FMP). This time the mod showed up in the list for TFTD.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4931.15.html

I am feeling about 97%96%91% incompetent. I have been searching the forums, but this place is so full of information and conversations, both recent and woefully outdated, that it's extremely difficult to find the best and most current info on any given topic. I commend you guys for keeping it straight because I am hopelessly lost. I guess I am good for now. I am excited to see what becomes of TWoTS+ someday.

Okay, I was finally able to get this mod installed, too. I don't know what the hell I was doing wrong the other night. Now it seems pretty straight forward.

Also, Nord has allowed me to contribute by proofreading the US English translation of his work. I won't spoil anything, but from what I am reading this is a really cool and impressive mod!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:43:40 pm by long6oarder »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2017, 01:07:41 pm »
Wow, it is a lot of text.
Ok, my advice for those, who has troubles with installing my mod is -

Wait for the next update if you want to play from beginning to the end.

It will add a lot of stuff AND there will be complete pack of files (except original TFTD files because of forum policy), and you will need only extract all from archive.
I need maybe a week to complete new sprites.

Here is some preview.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2017, 08:04:42 pm »
Wow, that Tasoth looks tasty. And horrifying. Great job.