aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 866082 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3240 on: April 23, 2021, 10:49:11 am »
Then this grass will be indestructible unlike wheat is in wheat fields. Sometimes it's handy to clean up path with grenade(s)...

What...? Sorry, but it sounds ridiculous. Why on Earth would I do something this absurd?

There is one more thing, which i don't know what it is (typo or feature or what), but it keeps bothering me. A noun "hold" usually means something inside ship, used for containment, not outside appearance. Hence my doubts in red ellipse on the image below.

Yes, of course I meant gold, thanks.

Offline Jin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 03, 2021, 08:15:36 pm »
This might be a dumb question, but how do I get alien electronics? I had 5 or so I got in the early game that all got used or sold, and now I need more for my production, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to get it. I haven't gotten any from ufos in the last few months, and I dont see it on the manufacturing screen even though I do belive I've researched it.

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 05, 2021, 07:00:32 am »
I believe you have to disassemble sectopods to get them

Offline Docent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: June 05, 2021, 09:44:19 pm »
and cyberdiscs...

Offline Zesty

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 14, 2021, 09:35:42 pm »
Like the mod, have a few problems with progression. Too much is locked behind capturing high rank aliens to unlock higher tech. These can be impossible to find depending on what RNG spawns for you. I did one battleship assault around May/April vs. floaters where I captured 2 leaders and 1 commander but it's now July and I've had nothing but Anthropod and MiB missions, neither of which generate high rank aliens. The only exception was two chtonite and a single waspite mission where I didn't get anything. I'm sitting around with nothing to do with my researchers while 350 engineers churn out endless money from motion scanners.

Suggestions:
- Give all aliens high ranks to capture.
- Trim down the number of MiB missions.
- Move the mind probe much earlier in the tech tree so it can be used to see alien ranks. As it is it's kind of at the end of the tech tree so it's mostly useless by the time you could get it.
- Make the alien race appearances more varied if you can. If its possible to exclude an alien race that has appeared from appearing again for a certain amount of time that'd work well. As it is I've not seen snakemen, ethereals, mutons, cerebreal, chasers, gazers, or reptoids. Maybe I'm just incredibly unlucky but not getting to see all the aliens kind of sucks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:40:43 pm by Zesty »