Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676839 times)

Offline Tarios

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.03)
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2017, 11:09:44 am »
Another question. I reserched the sonic technology, the sonic gun and the clips to it. On the base in the aquanauts' equipping screen I see guns and ammunition themselves, I can load and unload weapons. But as soon as I land on a mission, all the charges to the cannons disappear, already loaded and spare too. Guns at the same time lie on the floor of the submarine, although I previously handed them to aquanauts. What am I doing wrong?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2017, 11:25:25 am »
Can you attach a save (before the mission) where we can see this behaviour please?

Offline Tarios

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:18 pm »
Here, save before and immediately after the start of the mission.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2017, 08:54:41 pm »
It's a problem in the mod.

The mission allows only the following item categories:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_UNDERWATER
    allowedItemCategories:
      - STR_DUALENV_WEAPONS
      - STR_DEEP_WEAPONS

And sonic cannon clip doesn't have this category, only the weapon has it.

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_SONIC_CANNON
    categories: [STR_DUALENV_WEAPONS]

So... since the clips are not allowed... they are sent back to base upon landing and cannot be equipped.

Offline Tarios

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2017, 09:30:46 pm »
It's a shame. Can this be fixed?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »
Thruly, shame on me. Here is quick fix. Replace this file in ruleset folder.

Offline Tarios

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »
With this change, my saved games no longer start.  :'(

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2017, 02:19:40 am »
Why attaching a screenshot, but not the save?

Offline Tarios

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2017, 11:11:23 am »
Sorry, I was very upset. Here.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2017, 03:13:46 pm »
Works fine for me.
Odd is - that items.rul do not contain any UFO information.

Offline LuigiWhatif

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2017, 08:11:50 am »
I'm getting a crash when I go into next month.  Attached is my save and the crash message, though I'm sure that one time the message mention a segmentation fault.  Also, I noticed a minor text bug on weapons with autofire.  Picture also included.

Offline Zane Wolfe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2017, 11:55:16 am »
This mod has a LONG list of problems. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be fully playable start to finish, but it isn't. Progression get's hard bottlenecked at two major points, both of which are broken.

First up, Examination Room. Exam rooms don't actually drop in game, it's a vanilla issue. And yet without them progression get's stalled because you need Biolabs.

Second, the old battleship mission. It wont spawn. I tried editing it to have a 100% chance to spawn, but it failed to do so. And yes I have the wreck but not the codes. I tried fixing the spawnZone to 3, which it should be, and the game outright crashes at the end of the month. Without this event, the last story events can't fire, and thus the game can't be completed.
Edit: Warboy said he got it to spawn by making the change, without a crash. Thus my change of 100% chance for Naga and removing the timeout may have caused the crash. Which means the Naga Temple is broken.

Third, the Naga Temple. I never saw this mission. Because it only has a 50% chance to spawn each month, and you must have a Naga Squad Leader researched. AND all before month 8, when it can never spawn again. It already has a 'do not spawn if' trigger in the Trident research. There should be no reason this mission has a timeout factor as well.

Lastly, Sonic weapons are broken, can't be used at all. You forgot to set the environment flag for them. Strangely Aliens can still use them. As are Advanced Medkits. They require a bad string, which doesn't exist. So they can't be built.

Moving on from what is broken, we have balance. First up, the Biolab. Biolabs are more expensive, have more maintenance, and give less labspace. And you MUST have them to build certain items or research certain tech. I get you nerfed labspace all around, but Biolabs should give the same amount, if not more. They're supposed to be upgraded labs after all.

Next up, Aqua Jet Torpedos. I'm not looking at their combat stats, I'm looking at their sell value. These things sell for so much a single workshop devoted to doing nothing but building and selling them can pay for entire bases, with extra. And you can get their rather early on. It's so silly that they sell for even more than Gauss Cannons, which are impossible to get without cheating due to the exam room issue.

Next, Acid Rifle. What is the point of this weapon? Ever base game alien is utterly immune. I'm thinking that was a typo. You have Lobstermen, who take 10% more smoke damage, but are immune to acid? That might have been backwards. As far as I know, smoke doesn't even work in TFTD, at least not underwater.

Lastly, the Sonic Sniper Rifle. It has less accuracy, and less damage, than a Heavy Sonic. For the same TU cost. I get that it removes 1/3 armor. But in TFTD armor is NOT a major issue. The Triscene, which has the most armor in the game, does NOT require this weapon. Sure it's frontal/around armor is 144/132 respectively, but it's under armor is a mere 10. And being a 4x unit it takes 4x damage from explosions. A single sonic pulsar, doing MINIMUM damage, will one shot it. The Xarquid's 60 armor is the next highest. Except that only taking off 1/3 means you remove 20 armor. And a Heavy Sonic's 130 damage, 40 more than Sniper's 90, will ALWAYS do more damage. There is literally no situation where a Sonic Sniper Rifle will have meaningful impact. By the time you can research it you already have sonic pulsars and Heavy Sonic. At least the Sonic Autogun can justify itself by firing off 3 shots of 105 damage. That gives you a potential way to kill Lobstermen at range, something few other things do.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 12:05:35 pm by Zane Wolfe »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2017, 12:59:47 pm »
there's always IRC or discord if you need some help ironing out issues, Nord.

Offline Dwarmin

• Sergeant
  • Smoke grenades saved the Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
I have no idea if this is wanted or needed, but I thought someone should use a look through to correct grammar errors and generally add some clarity. At least that was indicated as needed in the OP . Anyway I had an afternoon off so I spent it modifying the strings file. ;D

I added some extra lore I thought sounded nifty in some cases, which you might decide to nix, but mostly I tried to make stuff read a bit smoother for English speakers. I really love this mod and want to see it keep being developed! Good luck to you, man!

Edit: I'll do another spell check pass tomorrow, noticing little fiddly bits I missed.
Edit edit: Should be done now!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:58:22 pm by Dwarmin »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2017, 10:14:29 pm »
I have no idea if this is wanted or needed, but I thought someone should use a look through to correct grammar errors and generally add some clarity. At least that was indicated as needed in the OP . Anyway I had an afternoon off so I spent it modifying the strings file. ;D

I added some extra lore I thought sounded nifty in some cases, which you might decide to nix, but mostly I tried to make stuff read a bit smoother for English speakers. I really love this mod and want to see it keep being developed! Good luck to you, man!

Edit: I'll do another spell check pass tomorrow, noticing little fiddly bits I missed.
Edit edit: Should be done now!
Oh, you did something I could not do all this time!  ;D
Great work anyway.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:17:17 pm by Dr.Crowley »