aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676617 times)

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.47)
« Reply #1665 on: July 22, 2020, 01:36:21 pm »
Where can I find it?
Options - Controls - Extended - Tech Tree Viewer

Offline Oleg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 22, 2020, 02:29:29 pm »
Thank you.
But I still don't understand what I have to do to progress in the game.
Attach savefile. Please help me, I love this game but I upset.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 23, 2020, 02:36:37 pm »
There is one in-game when you press Q.

I found this link with some hotkeys: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=6424.0 that also work for TWoTS

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 23, 2020, 02:41:20 pm »
Most of it is just like the original game. You need to capture certain live aliens like [species] Navigator.
Where are you in the game? What did you research?

Offline Boooster

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 26, 2020, 01:06:31 pm »
Can someone explain how to go about getting a biolab?  I see it is a prerequisite for a lot of things on the tech tree but have no clue as to how to unlock it.

Offline Suppanut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 27, 2020, 11:33:32 am »
@Nord

Now my research progress is stuck at 89% and in-game time is May 2039 at beginner difficulty and now research queue is empty. When aliens would deploy ion weapons and solitone bomb? I decide to research all of tech tree (100%) before assault on T'lath.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 27, 2020, 11:40:07 am »
He mentioned somewhere that ion weapons show up when you start having a bad score, so let the aliens win a bit.

Offline Suppanut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 27, 2020, 01:58:23 pm »
He mentioned somewhere that ion weapons show up when you start having a bad score, so let the aliens win a bit.

Thank you, Apocca.

Is there any mindworm mission chain after gain mindworm hatchery? it said effect story progression, what it really do?

@Nord, you ask me earlier that what should be reward for Tasoth Guardians research, I think I have answer for you now, advance hybrid armour. as there is no hybrid sidegrade of advance bionic armour yet.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:33:13 pm by Suppanut »

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 27, 2020, 05:31:27 pm »
Also, been playing the v.2.47 version. Balance seems to be good so far (I am in Feb 39 and still doing well)

Spoiler:
Though I think I was lucky to get an Aquatoid Navigator in the beginning without even using a stun weapon :D
Did struggle in the beginning to get an Alien Containment, I think that happened in month 3.

Managed to pull off an Alien base attack with just Gauss and allot of melee/stun weapons and got those live Lobster Navigator and Technician in the process. Damn that was a hard mission!
And managed to get a live Naga lord from a ship before I researched Naga Society (though I did not research Naga lord yet, wanted to do the temple mission first)
I was tempted to try and get a live Oct during an artifact site, but didn't want to risk it. Got a live one later though ;D

I do tend to look at the Tech tree to see what I need from time to time. But most of the time it's like the original game. Get enough live aliens.
Though I seem to be missing the Bio-drone corpse. I see they explode when they die. Is this a bug?

I have 2-3 crew with bionic armor but the rest is still using aqua plastic armor. And I have 2 crew with Sonic Cannons the rest is still using Gauss + Acid and in their backpack the best Vibro blade. They seem to be able to handle most missions.

Furthermore I have 3 'main' bases and 4 bases just for radar coverage with sub-pens. nr 1 For crew/research, nr 2 for research and nr 3 for manufacture.

I really enjoy your mod Nord!

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 28, 2020, 10:18:43 am »
Can someone explain how to go about getting a biolab?  I see it is a prerequisite for a lot of things on the tech tree but have no clue as to how to unlock it.

@Booster: you need Examination Room. I forgot where you get it.

Offline ValeriusPaipikus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 28, 2020, 08:03:59 pm »
Drone stucked in corral and this is caused stupid situation that shouldn't be happen.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 30, 2020, 03:57:46 pm »
Question about Tranmission Resolver:
Is it normal that it only decodes 1 out of 10 USO's?

Offline Suppanut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 31, 2020, 07:56:51 pm »
Question about Tranmission Resolver:
Is it normal that it only decodes 1 out of 10 USO's?

If I recalled correctly, it mean 10% chance for detection of that object per sonar sweep which is every 15 minutes in game.

Now I have reach tech tree progress 98%, I still have to identify which tech that I still missing. Where could I found handheld M.C. shield?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 10:36:33 am by Suppanut »

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 01, 2020, 10:21:14 am »
Ah ok. Somehow I remember the vanilla game to decode 100% of transmissions. Would adding additional Transmission Resolvers help?

Offline Suppanut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 01, 2020, 10:42:46 am »
Ah ok. Somehow I remember the vanilla game to decode 100% of transmissions. Would adding additional Transmission Resolvers help?

I don't think so unless detection chance subtract by difficulty level which I don't sure. I don't miss any alien sub after I built transmission resolvers in all bases around the globe, now my graph show no alien activity at all due to I sink every of them and my transmission nexus allow me to never lost track any of them. By time you have transmission resolver, player would need coverage more.

Btw, now my tech tree progress is stuck at 98%, where could I find handheld M.C. shield? now it seem to be only tech entry that I still missing. I plan to not attack T'lath before I earn total 100% of all possible tech in tree.