aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676693 times)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.31)
« Reply #1065 on: July 18, 2019, 04:14:51 pm »
You could just look through units.rul. Not sure what the string is for freaks.

I can see their stats with a Mind Probe, that's not a problem and not my question.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 19, 2019, 03:08:01 am »
Can anyone explain me what the hell those alien interceptors who instant destroy my Barracuda or even better interceptors like Moray and etc? At this screenshot 2 alien ships approach my base, so I send Barracuda to check it out and it was attacked by this mad alien interceptor. It has no shield but what the hell weapon it using? Early versions of this mod dose not have such insane alien USO. What the reason then build you own interceptors if they can't survive even one shot against very small alien USO? This is bullshit seriously. I don't care now because I can reload, but making this part of game such one sided completely kills chance playing Ironman. Or this is bug or my PC RNG just broke? Check save file.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 19, 2019, 10:55:30 am »
Bugreport: M.C. Focuser doesn't work (almost always misses).

Ufopedia says accuracy is 2.5 * psi skill... but Stats for nerds show it is only 0.25 * psi skill.

A soldier with 95 psi strength and 65 psi skill has only about 26 attack score (10 + 0.25*65) and final accuracy is between -4% and 51% without considering victim's psi strength. For an average joe alien with psi strength 30, the accuracy drops to between -34% and 21%.

Trying to hit a Gillman from 1-tile distance works maybe once in 20 attempts.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 19, 2019, 11:14:29 am »
Bugreport 2: Ion-Armor psi defense is bugged (and probably STR_WALKER_UC psi defense is bugged too)

I finally figured out why the Freaks were mind controlling me like crazy.
The Ufopedia says Ion Armor has +20 psi defense, but actually it has only 20 psi defense (without +), completely ignoring psi strength and skill.

Current code:

Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_ION_ARMOR_UC
    psiDefence:
      flatHundred: 0.2

Should be:

armors:
  - type: STR_ION_ARMOR_UC
    psiDefence:
      psiStrength: 1.0           # +100% of psi strength (vanilla)
      psiSkill: 0.2              # +20% of psi skill (vanilla)
      flatHundred: 0.2           # +20 (modded)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 19, 2019, 11:29:26 am »
Can anyone explain me what the hell those alien interceptors who instant destroy my Barracuda or even better interceptors like Moray and etc?

Because of difficulty level.

The Fighter has a reload rate of 10, which translates to:

10-20 seconds on beginner
8-16 seconds on experienced
6-12 seconds on veteran
2-4 seconds on genius
1-2 seconds on superhuman

You play on Superhuman, so I guess you deserve to suffer.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 19, 2019, 02:34:47 pm »
Thank you for explanation, Meridian. I guess I need lure out all of alien interceptors then. This trick should work. Usually If you enter base defense range and goes back, the alien USO lost you sigh and just land somewhere nearby, so Triton can attack colony safely. Btw, Meridian about bugs what you have discovered - will you fix it and upload fixed files here or we need wait until author will do it? Haven't saw him here for awhile. But we all have real life which more important than this game. So he may be just busy now.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 19, 2019, 02:57:48 pm »
Btw, Meridian about bugs what you have discovered - will you fix it and upload fixed files here or we need wait until author will do it?

I'll wait until Nord fixes them, they are not game breaking.

Offline 5taras

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 19, 2019, 06:57:00 pm »
I played on Superhuman. It was disaster. If someone is a masochist, he's welcome. There is a project named ufo alien invasion. I wonder, if it will be ever finished.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:00:07 pm by 5taras »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 19, 2019, 07:20:02 pm »
5taras
Yeah, totally agreed with you. I'm masochist :). I managed to survived for 2 years of the game time even with Ironman, but later aliens just raise their activity like crazy, a bunch of sandwich USO's (one or more USO in same coordinates usually covered by HK or even few HKs) just roaming around all globe. My score went down very fast even I did hell of lot missions. So I decided remove Ironman and just wonder now is it even possible to beat this hardest difficulty?
P.S.
Here we go, time to lose another game:

I don't know is that feature of highest difficulty or just broken mission script.
P.S.S.
This is very interesting, according you words, Meridian, on beginner difficulty Barracuda shouldn't had any problems with that duo USO near Africa, what I posted before. What I'm did - in save file I changed difficulty to 0, reloaded it and Barracuda survived with 1% hull remains, but shooting interval of alien USO was same. How you will explain this? Reloading rate hasn't changed, I think it only armor was more stronger. Bug? New game script?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 08:40:45 pm by Shiroi Bara »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 20, 2019, 03:19:09 pm »
Sorry for double post but this is really bothering me now and I want to know what happened with this mod or OXCE. This is Beginner difficulty played from start, no modification of save files. This alien USO not HK, but when I approaching it, it starts shooting with half of second interval. Why? Why not 10-12 seconds as it should be? Where is the truth? May be difficulty affects only armor, damage and hull penetration? On superhuman it will destroy my Barracuda instant and sound absolutely same if I pressed self-destruct red button if I will be out of ammo or it will be Triton instead of Barracuda.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 20, 2019, 06:38:07 pm »
Sorry for double post but this is really bothering me now and I want to know what happened with this mod or OXCE.

Nothing, everything is as it should be.

This is Beginner difficulty played from start, no modification of save files. This alien USO not HK, but when I approaching it, it starts shooting with half of second interval. Why? Why not 10-12 seconds as it should be? Where is the truth?

10 seconds is not "real world" 10 seconds. It is "game seconds". And game seconds are much quicker than real world seconds.

Just compare it to let's say xcom Avalanche missiles... UFOpedia says they have a reload time of 72 seconds... but you can shoot them much more frequent (because 1 game second is different from 1 real second).

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 20, 2019, 07:46:45 pm »
Ok, thank you for you patience, but I have another question - is it possible to  change that fast rate of fire to more slow via script files according different game difficulty or it's hardcore programed? If you remember Dreadnought in Terror from the deep (vanilla variant, but using openxcom or OXCE) shoots hard but not so fast like that USO. How I can change that rate of fire if it even possible?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 20, 2019, 07:50:47 pm »
Ok, thank you for you patience, but I have another question - is it possible to  change that fast rate of fire to more slow via script files according different game difficulty or it's hardcore programed? If you remember Dreadnought in Terror from the deep (vanilla variant, but using openxcom or OXCE) shoots hard but not so fast like that USO. How I can change that rate of fire if it even possible?

You can change the rate of firing using the "reload" attribute.
The change based on difficulty is hardcoded at the moment.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 20, 2019, 08:00:43 pm »
Example for dummies please, in what rule file it located? Could you post some script code here?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 20, 2019, 08:02:36 pm »
Example for dummies please, in what rule file it located? Could you post some script code here?

ufos.rul

ufos:
  - type: STR_SURVEY_SHIP
    size: STR_VERY_SMALL
    sprite: 0
    damageMax: 60
    speedMax: 2000
    accel: 12
    power: 0
    range: 0
    score: 50