Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.61)  (Read 676647 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.25)
« Reply #825 on: April 14, 2019, 05:54:55 pm »
- Fixed russian translation for new OXCE rules;

The game crashes on English translation:

Code: [Select]
[14-04-2019_16-51-15] [FATAL] Error loading file 'C:/xcom2/oxce/user/mods/TWoTS/Language/en-US.yml'
[14-04-2019_16-51-15] [ERROR] yaml-cpp: error at line 53, column 333: end of map not found

There is one " too many in this string, at the end:

STR_SNIPERSONIC_UFOPEDIA: "This long-range weapon emits modulated ultrasonic waves capable of partially penetrating thick armor, which has been statistically shown to reduce any armor's effectiveness by 33 percent. You must research and produce the Sonic Sniper Clip in order to use this weapon. Ignores no line of sight penalty.""

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.26)
« Reply #826 on: April 14, 2019, 07:29:12 pm »
I have recovered something like this just now (very large USO, one dead aquanaut in personal armor).
Translation missing maybe?

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 14, 2019, 09:02:38 pm »
Line 53, column 333 has an extra " mark, stops the mod working. File corrected-see attached

Offline long6oarder

• Captain
  • Your X-Com must be quite precious to you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 14, 2019, 09:46:10 pm »
Hey guys,

First off I want to say thanks again to Nord for authoring the mod, and thanks to Meridian for the very entertaining play though of it.

I would like to ask you two (Meridian and Nord, specifically): Do you care that much if the text strings that the user reads are not consistent? I mean, I believe you would probably prefer if things look uniform throughout the game, but I also know that you have way more important things to do with the mod and with OXCE than bothering with spelling and capitalization.

So for example, in order to make the alert strings consistent, I had to capitalize the city names, so that instead of reading "ALIEN BARGE AT Darwin", it would read "ALIEN BARGE AT DARWIN". Writing "Alien Barge at Darwin" wasn't an option because of the way the strings are set up. I also spent a lot of time correcting inconsistencies and even misspellings in the Vanilla TFTD strings by "rewriting" them in the mod's en-US.yml file.

Lastly, there is that problem with the mission briefings not showing up properly if you review the mission briefing from the battlescape (usually the mission marker is missing).

Now, it looks like the latest improvements to OXCE require the Russian and English mod-specific string files to be "the same" somehow, which means that all the corrections I made to the vanilla strings by having them get overwritten by the mod's English strings file are basically undone because they have been deleted. Again, no big deal because I know you guys are fixing important aspects related to gameplay. That means, though, that you will see noticeable inconsistencies between vanilla TFTD USOpedia, etc and TWoTS USOpedia, etc.

You guys are in charge of how to structure the mod and OXCE, so I am asking you: would you be interested in helping me edit the proper files so that the USOpedia, etc strings from the TWoTS mod and vanilla TFTD are seamless? In other words, I could go through the vanilla strings and make those consistent and correct on their own, and then adapt the TWoTS strings to match (instead of the other way around), and that way the vanilla TFTD strings file can be used in future mods, too.

It's really up to you two, Meridian and Nord, if you are interested in this. I am truly happy to do the proofreading and correcting work on the files themselves, but without you two including the files in future OXCE and TWoTS versions, there is no point in me doing the work because future changes might mean there is a conflict, and then work is deleted.

Thank you for reading this far. I know you two are dealing with much more important stuff related to the game, and I respect that. I love the idea of contributing somehow (even if it's really small compared to your efforts), but if it is not worth the extra trouble for you guys then I know I should just let it go.

Congrats on your newest releases. :)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 15, 2019, 06:09:25 am »
Darn, i screwed up.
Sorry, i should not post such untested release. I,ll fix it soon.
To long6oarder: i think you can ask autors of OXC about corrections of original texts. It can be a good idea.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 15, 2019, 12:27:47 pm »
Do you care that much if the text strings that the user reads are not consistent?

Yes, I care about consistency, but more about semantic consistency than capitalization consistency.

I mean, I believe you would probably prefer if things look uniform throughout the game, but I also know that you have way more important things to do with the mod and with OXCE than bothering with spelling and capitalization.

Spelling is important.
Capitalization much less so; especially in composite strings.

So for example, in order to make the alert strings consistent, I had to capitalize the city names, so that instead of reading "ALIEN BARGE AT Darwin", it would read "ALIEN BARGE AT DARWIN". Writing "Alien Barge at Darwin" wasn't an option because of the way the strings are set up. I also spent a lot of time correcting inconsistencies and even misspellings in the Vanilla TFTD strings by "rewriting" them in the mod's en-US.yml file.

I don't care about this at all to be honest.
Vanilla game also says "ALIENS TERRORIZE Casablanca" and I was never bothered by that; I guess 99% of people aren't.

Lastly, there is that problem with the mission briefings not showing up properly if you review the mission briefing from the battlescape (usually the mission marker is missing).

That's fixable, just low priority.
I would need to save this information to have access to it later... which is low benefit for some effort.
But once I dig through more important things, I'll return to this... eventually.

Summary: just keep vanilla strings vanilla

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 15, 2019, 02:00:39 pm »
Fixed version 2.26 uploaded.
Please upgrade.
Fixed all these new bugs.
Also added missing mission warnings.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 15, 2019, 06:21:56 pm »
As soon as I started mission environment became absolutely dark:

Pressing space for night vision makes lights normal:

Bug? Feature because of deep? Save file attached just in case.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 15, 2019, 06:32:00 pm »
Maybe you have an option "automatic night vision" turned on?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:52 pm »
As soon as I started mission environment became absolutely dark:

On this screenshot, it is not absolutely dark... it's dark blue, but you can see a lot.
Night vision is turned on (setting 8 )... which is dark blue in TFTD, I recommend setting a different value than 8.

Pressing space for night vision makes lights normal:

Bug? Feature because of deep? Save file attached just in case.

On this screenshot, night vision is turned off... you can recognize it easily because the terrain has more than 1 color.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:40:09 pm by Meridian »

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 15, 2019, 06:40:59 pm »
Yes, the value 8, correct, but you guys confuse me. What should I do to get it normal? Where is automatic nigh vision option in menu? Can't find it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 15, 2019, 06:43:00 pm »
Yes, the value 8, correct, but you guys confuse me. What should I do to get it normal? Where is automatic nigh vision option in menu? Can't find it.

"Automatic night vision" option has been removed, it doesn't exist anymore.

OXCE will turn night vision on automatically when it detects it's too dark.

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 15, 2019, 07:09:41 pm »
Btw I have found what can research 2 alive mutants simultaneously. You can use same save file, just abort the mission. Are they different mutants?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 15, 2019, 08:16:00 pm »
Btw I have found what can research 2 alive mutants simultaneously. You can use same save file, just abort the mission. Are they different mutants?

Yes, two different mutants.

research:
      - project: STR_BUOY
        assigned: 50
        spent: 50
        cost: 258
      - project: STR_MUTANT0
        assigned: 0
        spent: 0
        cost: 195
      - project: STR_MUTANT1
        assigned: 0
        spent: 0
        cost: 238

Offline Shiroi Bara

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 15, 2019, 08:57:03 pm »
Is it possible change the colors on mini map? Orange almost everywhere.