aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033699 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2017, 02:31:40 pm »
Oh silly me, right. Thanx.
But if it defaults to ctrl+alt+x shouldnt hottkeys page list this instead of non-working ones? Imma go point this out somewhere

I'm simply not sure what it defaults to, I changed it to backspace years ago. I will modify the article, tho.

Offline atroix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 27, 2017, 06:32:32 pm »
A strange thing happens in my game. I can not find any rnrmy bases. Hyperwavr coverage all land mass. Random patrals with pigeon on all land mass na base found. Not even detected a single base suply ot secret base mission.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 27, 2017, 06:52:46 pm »
A strange thing happens in my game. I can not find any rnrmy bases. Hyperwavr coverage all land mass. Random patrals with pigeon on all land mass na base found. Not even detected a single base suply ot secret base mission.

If you upload a save, we can tell you if there is any base or not.

Offline Troubleshooter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2017, 03:32:57 am »
New campaign, version G1. I just had a mission where I got a negative score for hostages taken, how come? I can't take a screenshot for some reason (or I'm looking in the wrong folder for them) but the enemy types captured were:

B-Boy
Hoe
Tough Guy
Highwayman
Castaway Girl (presumably the mission reward since it was a "Save a sister" mission)

I understand losing points for killing B-Boys, Altar Boys and the like, but why am I losing points for capturing things?

There's also these Airbusses full of Academy Nurses with capture orders which weren't in the game last time I played. First time I fought them they all had pistols and/or stun weapons, mostly cattle prods. Makes sense. The second group had flintlocks and cutlasses, with only one stun prod between them. Is this normal?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2017, 06:21:21 am »
snip

I've noticed the same thing regarding negative score for taking those guys hostage, it's weird. Future missions should net you a positive score for taking them hostage. I'm not sure what mechanic is at work here, but keep taking them down, you'll get positive score for it eventually.

Academy airbuses/ambulances sounds consistent with what I've experienced. Have a look at the search orders in the bootypedia; Doctor X isn't above using nonlethal techniques to take back her airbus and escaped lunatics.

Offline Troubleshooter

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2017, 07:29:06 am »
I guess what I'm getting at is, why is an organisation as advanced as the Academy using flintlocks? I could understand if maybe the retrieval teams are bottom-rung disposable minions and they don't want their advanced tech to fall into the lunatic's hands, but even then I'd expect old shotguns and rusty niners rather than flintlocks. Why do they even have those?

Also, can somebody explain the monthly infamy bonus to me, since that seems to be new too? I was looking at an upkeep of ~500k for my first month, with an income of ~300k, so naturally I saved up 200k so that I didn't go into the red. Except then the end of the month comes and I also get this ~250k bonus! Which, you know, is great because now I get to actually spend it on things instead of just barely keeping myself afloat, but there was no indication anywhere that this was going to be a part of my budget.

So what is this bonus actually based on? Presumably its based on how much infamy I've made that month, but surely that's the same thing that the regular protection income is based on? Why introduce this extra payment that isn't tracked on the finance screen rather than just increasing the protection income by X%?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:31:50 am by Troubleshooter »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2017, 07:49:57 am »
I guess what I'm getting at is, why is an organisation as advanced as the Academy using flintlocks? I could understand if maybe the retrieval teams are bottom-rung disposable minions and they don't want their advanced tech to fall into the lunatic's hands, but even then I'd expect old shotguns and rusty niners rather than flintlocks. Why do they even have those?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Early game balance I guess.

Each point of score above zero is worth $333 in bonus funding.

Offline atroix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2017, 11:21:06 am »
If you upload a save, we can tell you if there is any base or not.

I will as soon as i can.internet at home us down. But on a quick glance at the save file i could see any bases.  And judging by the score there are none. I can achive a score of minus 33 with no research done and only 2 missions on landed ufos.

Offline Griffin

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2017, 08:55:35 pm »
Upgrading 0.99G  --to--> 0.99G.1
Is there anything that must be done or is it enough to just copy the save files over after downloading and installing a 0.99G.1 Version?
No edits or similar needed?

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2017, 04:26:40 pm »
How do you catch these fancy Hotrods and their riders?

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2017, 05:06:03 pm »
High end interceptors.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2017, 09:42:08 pm »
Are Chrysalids really hard enough?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2017, 03:28:57 am »
Chrysalids are at present only threatening if they manage to catch a single gal while she is isolated, or on terror missions. They suffer really badly from the ai retreat when outnumbered condition.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2017, 10:21:53 pm »
Are Chrysalids really hard enough?

Ever had these in a hideout defence in your sewers/lifts?
Have fun finding them I can assure you 100% that a dog can't "aye phone" them besides having proof they actually moved the last turn (moved around to kill someone in the sewer and the dog still can't show it on the scanner)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:44:27 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2017, 12:34:19 am »
Chrysalids are at present only threatening if they manage to catch a single gal while she is isolated, or on terror missions. They suffer really badly from the ai retreat when outnumbered condition.

I looked into it, and it seems rather simple to add a leeroy jenkins mode to the AI, so that they rush to whatever non-friendly unit visible, overriding any retreat mechanics. The mode can be set for Chryssalids and Doom guys. What do you think?