aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1276770 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public troll no. 1
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3990 on: September 24, 2024, 03:49:00 pm »
The former get paid, the latter don't.

workers and slaves do not occuply space in prison, right? Only "pimped" people, if i got it...right?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: September 24, 2024, 06:35:38 pm »
workers and slaves do not occuply space in prison, right? Only "pimped" people, if i got it...right?

Yup. Both workers and slaves are basically an inventory item with negative "weight/volume".

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: September 28, 2024, 12:40:01 pm »
Does the -220.000 credits from the power plant maintance apply multiple times, as in if I build 5, will i get -1.100.000 from the maintance?

Or does it apply only once per base? I built multiple, but seems it applies only once per base.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2024, 12:43:25 pm by rafaelwow »

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: September 28, 2024, 01:04:57 pm »
Yes, it stacks for every power plant.

Offline Sniddy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: September 29, 2024, 06:29:04 pm »
It's saying I have no pilot assigned but I don't seem to have any or a way to recruit one - not sacked anyone/had anyone die so not sure why

Online shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: September 29, 2024, 08:04:24 pm »
It's saying I have no pilot assigned but I don't seem to have any or a way to recruit one - not sacked anyone/had anyone die so not sure why

The Soldiers are also pilots, and the button for assigning them as a pilot(s) is on the Craft screen below Armor (needs to be part of the crew first).

Though usually it is supposed to auto pick the aprox. best pilot anyway.

EDIT: Are you perchance bough/produced an Interceptor-type craft? Unlike Vanilla X-COM, the XPZ and OXCE in general requires the Interceptor-type craft to be crewed (usually one pilot, sometimes more), and some craft requires multiple pilots.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2024, 08:16:00 pm by shinr »

Offline Dispector

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: October 11, 2024, 12:01:02 am »
I remember reading somewhere sometime that rescued and recruited gals are supposed to have the trait "Escaped Lunatic", sharing it with your original six gals. The X-pedia (at least its current version, which seems to be a bit behind the times) says the same: (Recruit: Castaway Gal; Person joining: Lunatic). However, in my previous run (using version N8 28-Apr-2024, if I remember correctly), the gals recruited this way were just usual gals, without this trait. Is it the way it is supposed to be?

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: October 11, 2024, 12:40:50 am »
The "usual" ubers (Hand, Warrior, Veteran) have a base salary. But Lunatics do not. So that's the main benefit of this type of uber. As you say, and as the Lunatic article says, "They are a bit stronger than common Ubers". Which implies they all should have that trait, yet recruited Castaway Girls don't have it. I think you should report it as a visual bug in the bug report thread.

I don't remember if recruiting castaway gals ever gave them the said trait. I checked L7 and N5.2.1, and neither have that.

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: October 11, 2024, 12:43:35 am »
Only the six starting gals have "escaped lunatic". All lunatics have slightly better stat caps than other gals.

Offline Dispector

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: October 11, 2024, 11:37:19 pm »
The "usual" ubers (Hand, Warrior, Veteran) have a base salary. But Lunatics do not. So that's the main benefit of this type of uber. As you say, and as the Lunatic article says, "They are a bit stronger than common Ubers". Which implies they all should have that trait, yet recruited Castaway Girls don't have it. I think you should report it as a visual bug in the bug report thread.

I don't remember if recruiting castaway gals ever gave them the said trait. I checked L7 and N5.2.1, and neither have that.

Yeah, the salary is what I've been primarily interested in. I was considering what's more profitable, to turn castaways into brainers or to hire them into crew.

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: October 11, 2024, 11:49:31 pm »
Yeah, the salary is what I've been primarily interested in. I was considering what's more profitable, to turn castaways into brainers or to hire them into crew.

A Hand costs 50k to buy, so youre saving 150k upfront turning a castaway to a brainer and buying a Hand instead. The Hand's 40k salary eats that up in four months, in addition to being slightly weaker. If you really need extra cash, recruit the castaway and send her on tiger tours.

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: October 14, 2024, 09:39:52 am »
My main base is plagued by repeated missile strikes.
I have multiple other hideouts already running, but it still pisses me off.
What can I do to stop them comming? Rush certain research/mission?
What base defenses are best counter to missile attacks?

Online shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: October 14, 2024, 02:32:13 pm »
I have multiple other hideouts already running, but it still pisses me off.
What can I do to stop them comming? Rush certain research/mission?

Last time I had to deal with them some versions ago, an Overcharged Radar and two defenses (one step above the flak tower) were enough.

You can also shoot down those Technocracy planes to prevent the strikes.

Offline Anvoker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: October 14, 2024, 07:25:50 pm »
Is there any way to unlock the bootypedia entries for items you haven't researched? I'm interested in being able to check the stats of weapons inside the game without having to resort to xpedia every time. So I'd be happy even if the solution only worked for weapons.

Offline Amoebka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: October 15, 2024, 08:35:46 pm »

Armored vaults (you start with them) + 3 overcharged radars give you a ~75% chance to shoot the missile swarm down.
If you add the 4th overcharged radar, it goes to ~96%.
Irradiators are a bit better than 2 radars, with their usual downsides.
Other early game base defenses aren't necessarily better per-slot, because they have lower accuracy, vastly increasing the variance.

Since you only have a 25% chance per month to even be targeted, I usually settle for the first option. At some point you are paying more for defenses than you would lose from letting a strike hit once a year.