aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1241671 times)

Offline zombieguy223

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3960 on: September 09, 2024, 06:23:24 pm »
1) I just got the Brute armor research, but it will take me some weeks in game to build it. Is it underwater usable like the Harbringer?

2) I checked the research and to get big pew pew lasers I need the Russian files, that from what I searched in forums need a Syberia mission, how do I get this mission?
1. No, the brute armor cannot be used underwater.
2. The Siberia mission is unlocked once you've gotten the GUILD REP'S SECRETS research (https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_TRADERS_ARC_KNOWHOW), which is obtained as a random free topic from guild reps after you have already researched Interrogation Techniques.

Hi, got a simple question:
When I research get Interrogation Techniques https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_INTERROGATION , and then research captive that has some results locked behind  Interrogation Techniques, will it give that locked result automatically, or is it just added to the pool of dozens of random results that it can give?
FOr example, will Academy engeener https://xpedia.netlify.app/##STR_SECTOID_ENGINEER  give me his Academy engineering right away, or would i have to potentially research them multiple time before RNG gods give me the engeneering?
Researching Interrogation Techniques just unlocks those topics as random rewards from those people. You will have to trust in the RNG to give you the topic you want if there is more than one available from a given person. Most of the random rewards are shared between multiple different enemies, so you can reduce the pool by researching less valuable people and getting their topics out of the way. You can also save just before the research finishes on a new geoscape day (e.g. save at 11:50pm) and reload that save until you get the topic you want, if you're desperate.

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: September 10, 2024, 06:55:24 am »
Thanks!

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: September 10, 2024, 09:38:29 am »

Offline Mkok

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: September 12, 2024, 07:29:47 pm »
What are the benefits of the gals are superior path? Reading through the files it seems to it only unlocks recruiting hands, early warriors, and shakeup ceremony???

Compared with cats 4 life which among others gives crazy good nekomimi weapons and fighter craft mid-game it sounds kinda weak if thats all??

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: September 12, 2024, 07:46:48 pm »
It also gives SUPERHERO armor.

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: September 12, 2024, 07:56:51 pm »
You should not look at path as balanced choices, but rather a further difficulty adjustment with flavors.

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: September 13, 2024, 02:31:34 am »
Are there female human heroes or only male?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3967 on: September 13, 2024, 09:08:29 am »
Are there female human heroes or only male?

Heroes are only male. Special female human units include damsels and assault clones.

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: September 13, 2024, 07:48:54 pm »
You should not look at path as balanced choices, but rather a further difficulty adjustment with flavors.
This is a good way to look at it, I think. You're basically picking whatever your 'main' unit is going to be. Gals Are Superior makes your battlescape gameplay easier with tougher and stronger units (because Gals really are superior) but you're inherently going to be running smaller squads and you might struggle to pay for them once you've got a lot of high rank troops. Peasant Revolution and Male Touch both let you hire lots of rookies, with Peasant Revolution focusing heavily on bulking out your roster with mid-tier units and lots of training. The baseline humans are slow, fragile, and weak compared to Gals but they're also much cheaper, much easier to replace, and quickly unlock large squads with the Trucks/Harvester transports.

You can get Young Ubers and Castaway Gals from occasional missions and events, things like the brothel raid or landed necropirates, so you aren't completely locked out of them without Gals Are Superior. If you're happy with occasionally harvesting Gal recruits from the map and you're not losing too many of them to medbay or death then you can totally rock the Peasant Revolution and get some high-grade meatshields.

Offline Mkok

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: September 13, 2024, 11:40:03 pm »
This is a good way to look at it, I think. You're basically picking whatever your 'main' unit is going to be. Gals Are Superior makes your battlescape gameplay easier with tougher and stronger units (because Gals really are superior) but you're inherently going to be running smaller squads and you might struggle to pay for them once you've got a lot of high rank troops. Peasant Revolution and Male Touch both let you hire lots of rookies, with Peasant Revolution focusing heavily on bulking out your roster with mid-tier units and lots of training. The baseline humans are slow, fragile, and weak compared to Gals but they're also much cheaper, much easier to replace, and quickly unlock large squads with the Trucks/Harvester transports.

You can get Young Ubers and Castaway Gals from occasional missions and events, things like the brothel raid or landed necropirates, so you aren't completely locked out of them without Gals Are Superior. If you're happy with occasionally harvesting Gal recruits from the map and you're not losing too many of them to medbay or death then you can totally rock the Peasant Revolution and get some high-grade meatshields.

hmm, I think I am happy with my cats 4 life path, those nekomimi laser rifles are crazy good, have yet to find a better weapon, maybe gauss or plasma might outdo them once I unlock those I guess? And CLAW is great as hell too, just tad scared I will lose... Maybe I should sell it and install its weapon on some tougher plane  ;D

I was just asking cause I read that gals are superiour is suposed to be the easiest path, but comapred to cats 4 life the bonuses really seems lackluster. The superhero armor doesnt sound much better than juggernaut armor... I think I prefer having my neko lasers compared to potentially slightly better armor  ;D

50-200 laser dmg per shot, dmg to armor, accurate enough to snipe across whole map, up to 4 shots per turn, light, whats not to like  8)

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: September 15, 2024, 07:48:51 am »
What happens if I edit these lines from the save:

time:
  second: 50
  minute: 27
  hour: 22
  weekday: 6
  day: 10
  month: 9
  year: 2602

monthsPassed: 20

If I edit them to months zero and start date, the ships will be the ones from the game start? I mean, will the game get easier?

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: September 15, 2024, 01:29:00 pm »
I haven't meddled with it too much myself, but I think the Time block is cosmetic and the Months Passed is what dictates the pacing of spawns and events. I've used it occasionally to artificially extend certain stages of the geoscape game.

Offline Poulpiche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: September 15, 2024, 05:00:28 pm »
to continue a little further, i'd need to be able to capture succubus in shadowrealms. i've already captured one by chance, but i can't reproduce the thing because they fly and all the ranged weapons at my disposal kill instead of stun.

the only way i can think of is to hit them with my bare hands and female fighters wearing nightsprite outfits, which is a bit laborious.

does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Offline rafaelwow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: September 16, 2024, 03:14:04 am »
to continue a little further, i'd need to be able to capture succubus in shadowrealms. i've already captured one by chance, but i can't reproduce the thing because they fly and all the ranged weapons at my disposal kill instead of stun.

the only way i can think of is to hit them with my bare hands and female fighters wearing nightsprite outfits, which is a bit laborious.

Thanks, I will test it!

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: September 16, 2024, 12:19:30 pm »

The first thing that comes to mind is Electric lasso. 2-3 hits should take it down no problem. Next one is Zapper.