Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1276701 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #4005 on: October 16, 2024, 03:47:32 am »
My main base is plagued by repeated missile strikes.
I have multiple other hideouts already running, but it still pisses me off.
What can I do to stop them comming? Rush certain research/mission?
What base defenses are best counter to missile attacks?

its a cheat but in one of the mod ruleset files you can add an option that goes like AI Destroy Facilities = false, check out the options in default xcom ruleset. No base facilities will ever be destroyed again (missile strikes mean nothing).

I'm personally against missile strikes being a dynamic in the game at all, the base is too far underground to be damaged, it'd only be useful for a full strength nuclear explosion in the kilotons range or worse.

oh check it out, picrel, every time I shoot down something or get a mission id like I  save and go into the save file and set the countdown remainder to an obscene high value like 30 million seconds so they stick around ad-infinitium. The reason is I usually like just doing the management part of the game and like to go on a number of missions when I wanna get around to that, its a time waster (game) so I like to have a plethora of missions available and I don't like missing out on anything. The ninja base seems to supply an endless killing (capturing) ground for ninja apcs.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 03:51:45 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #4006 on: October 16, 2024, 07:50:41 pm »
My main base is plagued by repeated missile strikes.
I have multiple other hideouts already running, but it still pisses me off.
What can I do to stop them comming? Rush certain research/mission?
What base defenses are best counter to missile attacks?
Multiples cannon defenses.
Also work inside the base, against base invasion and tedious base defense missions.