Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033892 times)

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #3345 on: February 07, 2022, 07:18:28 pm »
What's a good economic plan for someone on diff 2 whos struggling?

How many runts/brainers to have by which month in order to be fine?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 07, 2022, 08:14:27 pm »
Researching to unlock all mission types as they become available, as well as plantations and brewing is the universal economic plan. Dedicated and expendable plantation bases can be gradually rolled out after 6 months or so. Stills for brewing will typically become available much later.

What is fine is a bit open to interpretation. As long as you have filled the Old Earth Lab to capacity, make an honest attempt at hitting every mission you see (with the exception of pogroms and maybe lokk'narr village defence and Ratmen Rodeos) and 30 runts by June, I think you're doing ok.

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 07, 2022, 08:21:06 pm »
Researching to unlock all mission types as they become available, as well as plantations and brewing is the universal economic plan. Dedicated and expendable plantation bases can be gradually rolled out after 6 months or so. Stills for brewing will typically become available much later.

What is fine is a bit open to interpretation. As long as you have filled the Old Earth Lab to capacity, make an honest attempt at hitting every mission you see (with the exception of pogroms and maybe lokk'narr village defence and Ratmen Rodeos) and 30 runts by June, I think you're doing ok.

Old Earth Lab to capacity by June ? Do you fund this with plantation bases early or how would one do this ? I find the maintence costs staggering after reaching 8~ Brainers and bad months can easily send the economy straight to hell.

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 07, 2022, 09:58:56 pm »
Can aynone describe in few words whats behind "peasant pevolution" update?

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:13 pm »
A low tech, infinitely available and free outfit, a big and slow battery powered troop transport craft and some flavour text.

It's the latest mutually exclusive branch, so the content available will never compare to the original branches that are however many years old at this point.

Full changelog here.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 07, 2022, 11:01:01 pm »
Old Earth Lab to capacity by June ? Do you fund this with plantation bases early or how would one do this ? I find the maintence costs staggering after reaching 8~ Brainers and bad months can easily send the economy straight to hell.

This is how I do first half of a year.
January - Make 5 burrows and either buy a brainer day one or wait to build mess hall.
February -  Day one, buy runts up to 50 total and if cash allows 1-2 brainers. If no mess hall, try to build one in middle of month so you can research guild wars mission before month ends.
Now it's s big rush to get Large barracks.Depending on cash condition slowly add brainers. 1-2 a month. Fill remaining space with runts and remove them one by one if needed.
Until now I did not consider making dedicated farm bases. So I would only expand when alchemy was near.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 07, 2022, 11:10:01 pm »
Brainers are a bit of a conundrum in that if you're experienced, they will pay for themselves quite quickly, if not, they will utterly tank your economy.  I would recommend doing what ultimoos says, and first get bounty hunting, cunning and 50 runts in burrows before ballooning your brainers unless you know exactly the research path you're taking.

Piratez also has an extreme level of luck in the first half year.  Some campaigns you'll get multiple landed freighters before february giving you millions of dolaros per landing and infinite supply of craft ammo.  Other times you will literally get no missions at all.  You can theoretically have an unwinnable campaign on captain kidd even.  Europe and thebes (north africa) starts are better for more landings IIRC

So honestly if you're getting crushed under brainer maintenance, might just want to restart.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:14:54 pm by Greep »

Offline Ruberto

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 08, 2022, 02:47:17 pm »
I bumped into a problem when sending Hunt party to a Primal Hunt:
https://postimg.cc/rRtLQJP6
Primal hunt description says hyena riders can participate, and rightly so as I can hardly imagine something more stone age AND hunting than nude beast riding chicks ;)
Problem is, Hunt party doesn't allow crew to equip Hyena rider (presumably because it's big unit and Hunt party doesn't allow those).

Any solutions?

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 08, 2022, 04:23:28 pm »
Unforunately, you will not be able to use the hunt party with hyenas.

You need the larger Raiding Party which is both primal AND can accomodate up to 3 yeenas.

https://www.xpiratez.wtf/en-US##STR_RAIDING_PARTY

Offline just_dont

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 08, 2022, 08:07:30 pm »
It is fairly important to use your brainers properly: do not research stuff that takes too long but offers no immediate benefits, do research new missions, avoid locking yourself out of a good deal of tech tree by neglecting to research some of the early tech (e.g. our culture -> all 4 aspects).
Tech tree viewer is your best friend here, it's not really possible (not anymore anyway) to navigate through Piratez tech without it.

New missions research is incredibly important, not doing it in a timely manner (e.g. bounty hunting no later than March, etc) will make you lose a lot of potential score points, important loot, and tons of opportunities. Remember that researching a new missions tech in a month X will make those missions appear no sooner than the next month.

Every single research topic awards you with some score, but some (like interrogating people for the first time) award notably more. So paying attention to tech cost (visible in the top left corner of the tech viewer) is important too: researching some too advanced (for your current timeframe) tech will use your brainer-days, but will offer no benefits (as most shiny stuff in Piratez require you to have multiple same-level techs, not just one) and net you very little score.

For the first 6 months or so, brainers easily cover their own expenses due to research score awards, as long as you're not neglecting missions and bringing new stuff and captives for the research.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:09:19 pm by just_dont »

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 08, 2022, 09:03:44 pm »
This is how I do first half of a year.
January - Make 5 burrows and either buy a brainer day one or wait to build mess hall.
February -  Day one, buy runts up to 50 total and if cash allows 1-2 brainers. If no mess hall, try to build one in middle of month so you can research guild wars mission before month ends.
Now it's s big rush to get Large barracks.Depending on cash condition slowly add brainers. 1-2 a month. Fill remaining space with runts and remove them one by one if needed.
Until now I did not consider making dedicated farm bases. So I would only expand when alchemy was near.

Hi everyone, your tips have been very helpful so far, i found simply planning out and getting 2 brainers every month until June to max it out worked out nicely. But i have a question now.

^ in the above quote Ultimoos suggests building 5 Burrows and rushing the large barracks. So my question is, if i build 4 burrows in a 2x2 pattern, can you build the large barracks ontop of those 4 ? I know you can do it for similarly sized facilities, but i have never dared to try and experiment incase it doesn't actually work.

Edit: I realized shortly after posting that my question may not be that wise either way, as i would need to have 40 excess crew space to actually perform the upgrade if it's even possible. I suppose it still doesn't hurt to know if it's possible or not.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:10:44 pm by Rallehop »

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 08, 2022, 09:40:59 pm »
Hi everyone, your tips have been very helpful so far, i found simply planning out and getting 2 brainers every month until June to max it out worked out nicely. But i have a question now.

^ in the above quote Ultimoos suggests building 5 Burrows and rushing the large barracks. So my question is, if i build 4 burrows in a 2x2 pattern, can you build the large barracks ontop of those 4 ? I know you can do it for similarly sized facilities, but i have never dared to try and experiment incase it doesn't actually work.

Edit: I realized shortly after posting that my question may not be that wise either way, as i would need to have 40 excess crew space to actually perform the upgrade if it's even possible. I suppose it still doesn't hurt to know if it's possible or not.

Unfortunately you can not put a large building over small ones. You have to plan ahead which is very hard when you do not even know what buildings and how many you'll need later.
Try to save 2x2 spaces in your base if possible for large facilities. Notably: large barracks, large vaults, large prison. All are really optional but are more effective space wise than regular facilities. You'll never be able to cramp all buildings you need in to the main base. But you can always try to rearrange things later on.

And now I have a quick question.
Are there any 3x3 facilities in XPiratez?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:44:28 pm by Ultimoos »

Offline Rallehop

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 08, 2022, 09:51:20 pm »
Unfortunately you can not put a large building over small ones. You have to plan ahead which is very hard when you do not even know what buildings and how many you'll need later.
Try to save 2x2 spaces in your base if possible for large facilities. Notably: large barracks, large vaults, large prison. All are really optional but are more effective space wise than regular facilities. You'll never be able to cramp all buildings you need in to the main base. But you can always try to rearrange things later on.

And now I have a quick question.
Are there any 3x3 facilities in XPiratez?

How would you go about defensibility in layout? Does people here just build facilities wherever or do you try to maintain a defensible setup? Because planning ahead while trying to maintain choke points seems quite difficult.

Also to answer your question, the online Bootypedia has the Factory, which is the only 3x3 structure i found while browsing in the past.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 08, 2022, 10:23:44 pm »
How would you go about defensibility in layout? Does people here just build facilities wherever or do you try to maintain a defensible setup? Because planning ahead while trying to maintain choke points seems quite difficult.

Also to answer your question, the online Bootypedia has the Factory, which is the only 3x3 structure i found while browsing in the past.

Thanks, that makes things easier.

About defense. I do not care about that in main base. It's main base after all. The place where you have all the strongest and best equipped. If I can take on mercenaries and cyberdisks in open field I can deal with them with plenty of cover to hide behind. Also. I did not get a single retaliation until the 3rd year and I shoot things down without care (John Silver). Up till now it was only roaming bands of your standard rats doom guys and ninjas, from which ninjas are most concerning. Someone mentioned earlier that "Fire pit" facility is extremely effective and can be researched relatively early.
The most annoying thing about base defense are sewers and maintenance corridors. Usually a couple of invaders go there and it can take a lot of time to hunt them down.

Be ware of assassin ninjas. They carry suicide bombs in base invasions that can not be disarmed.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 10:29:25 pm by Ultimoos »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3359 on: February 08, 2022, 10:34:20 pm »
Defenses in hideouts... ie the classic long corridor can be a bit tricky in Xpiratez due to the churn of new facilities that you want to upgrade or add to your base.

One trick that I have found very useful is building Hangars and Access lift (where enemies traditionally spawn in one location.  Then simply build your barracks adjacent to the hangars etc.   This put your troops which spawn in the barracks close to the enemy.  The barracks have rooms with doors at the bottom of the stairs to allow ducking out of sight when tackling enemies on the ground floor.  Troops which spawn closest to the ladder in the barrack living level can go up on the first turn to the airvents and get in position to fire down on the enemies in the hangars the next turn.  Grenades, rockets, etc are great but even a couple rifles to drop the drones in the early nurse raids are great.

A final bit of defense:  I fought off a Ninja raid in a secondary base with a Beast Den, 20 dogs and landmines.  Primed all the mines before battle, and put them in the dog's inventories.  When the dogs rushed the ninjas they would often make it up to the enemy.  A bite might draw a reaction that insta killed the dog, but then the armed landmine would take them out when they moved.  Won't work in every situation, and best to back it up with a real defense team but it worked on the cheap. 
Don't recommend for Jack Sparrow.