Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033344 times)

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2625 on: January 09, 2021, 01:24:06 pm »
TNX. Man, i just love this one. Especially the melee and brawling - fits right with the pirates, or what?

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: January 10, 2021, 12:29:19 pm »
Would YOU go against the Mercs with Automatic Harpoon Guns loaded with poison ammo and with Bows with poisonous arrows? IRRC, all the Mercs are BIO killable.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: January 10, 2021, 08:55:30 pm »
Sounds like it should work. I was too focused on increasing firepower of my underwater team that I completely missed using AHG for anything else. My weapon of choice against Mercs was plain ol' Laser (Adv. Lasgun & Heavy) and then Heavy Particle Accelerator (capable of one-shooting Commandos), with couple of heavy penetrators for occasional Hovertank (you'll need something for 250 blue shielding first). After your insight I'd still go with Lasers just because they seem to perform similarly while avoiding shuffling soldier's equipment every time as Laser is universally usable.
When I was all done with Mercs (for research & synth mesh) I conveniently discovered a 60 BIO grenade. I suppose it's insta-merc-kill but in my case arrived far too late. Now I just down Merc ships only to completely ignore them, having access to synth mesh manufacture, unless a secret base mission appears where I do one ground battle just to offset negative infamy score from their shipping.

Bows? Lol, who uses bows anyway.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: January 12, 2021, 10:13:31 pm »
Compact Carbine, Marsec Lasgun & Heavy shotgun AP shells aren't yet implemented as loot, are they? First two are fully functional bottlenecks atm. Was about ask for their IDs to put on my Brainers' desks for research when I got wind to search them for myself and what do you know found em I did:

STR_COMPACT_CARBINE (unimplemented as loot as of L6, rule or save file edit required)
STR_MARSEC_LASGUN (Viper Fighter - 50/50 chance of crash/destruction, determined at 1st of month or ship spawn)
STR_SHOTGUN_PA_SLUGS_AP (!Highway House! and !Mansion Invasions!)

Put them in Hideout storage for research if you don't want to wait for a patch (under desired Hideout "items:" section in save file). Don't forget to add ": 1" for quantity, and be careful with sensitive formatting as well (best to copy/paste existing entry above or bellow and just rename it).

UPDATE
Added possible spawn locations in brackets next to IDs. Even after appropriate mission spawns the loot soldiers carry is taken for a sizable pool of possibilities so there's only a 20% chance for each item, for that one rank of soldier that receives said equipment pool. This explain why I wasn't getting the latter two well into my 3rd in-game year! Still waiting on those AP shells, fml.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 03:40:42 pm by Nilex »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: January 13, 2021, 12:03:14 am »
Marsec lasguns and heavy shotgun AP shells do exist.  I'll concede the compact carbine though, no enemy seems to use it and its description suggests that the item itself shouldn't be needed but who knows.

You want something that really doesn't exist?  Try finding a homing RPG.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: January 13, 2021, 01:24:03 am »
Hm looks like I have indeed yet to encounter Marsec Colonial Marine who I'd guess wields the elusive lasgun (needed for AP lasers). AP shells aren't really needed for anything but I thought to fill a research gap along with the others. But thanks to your input I'll exercise patience until the two appear as natural loot. Carbine is a requirement for Hassan's Most Demanding Customer so I'll have to edit it in.

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: January 13, 2021, 03:01:43 pm »
I found the Marsec Colonial Marine on the Viper Fighter. It's a bit harder to shoot down but not too difficult.
Most of the harder to shoot down ufo's contain items that advances your research like Implosion Bomb Launcher.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: January 14, 2021, 01:26:49 am »
Viper fighters guarantee implosion bombs as, unlike with bombers, the weapon isn't located in the engine room so it still drops even if the engine blows.  As viper fighters only show up in the late game, they're there to alleviate another potential RNG block.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: January 14, 2021, 04:58:10 am »
For Nilex's benefit since he chooses not to be on discord. The compact carbine not existing is a big for sure, most likely in that it failed to make it into the loadouts/maps. I think it was intended to be in the new small raider camp map.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: January 14, 2021, 08:15:33 am »
I lurk there from time to time, not a total caveman :) (disposable account ofc)
It's a useful source of exclusive hotfixes, avoiding duplicate bug reports, and for various info. That's actually how I found out about CC but wrongly assumed same for other two items. Its search function is decent enough for what it is. Thanks for letting me know though, I reckon it'll get fixed if not already. I still also need Golden Rifle to fully unlock Hassan so if patched CC doesn't appear by the time I find Goldie, into the savefile it goes.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: January 16, 2021, 02:04:19 am »
So what exactly is the point of the PARTY?
Im seriously surprised I survived it at all, got killed off once and had to reload an auto-geo save.
There's no crazy loot. There is a silver lining that I got a bunch of recruitable raiders (though my gullet is full of gals frankly). Is this a Recurring mission or a one-timer?

(It really sounds like your Piratez have gotten lured into an ambush using a fake party as a lure to draw them out in the open. But there's no Guns sitting around with your name on them, the molotovs and enviro are the only actual dangerous thing there).

Also I clearly remember Ninja gals being recruitable but in this vers/playthrough I cant seem to find the option. Also cant find the Goblin Rokkits either.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 02:07:14 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: January 16, 2021, 02:30:10 am »
Don't think there's a point per se, just a low risk / low reward mission. I do them to train melee and maybe get some slaves (I'm slowly phasing out storage facilities to replace them with other buildings). Type of enemies seem to vary greatly so I had Boogeymen in most recent one (okay-ish for demon essence I guess). It's usually over in 2-3 short turns so why not.
Btw, Signet Rings you are selling in your screeny become useful source of Wiz Biz tokens later on so they are worth keeping. Unless you are already past that point (although presently Wiz Biz is WIP so its tokens will become useful in the future I presume).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: January 16, 2021, 04:26:47 am »
The party is a mission with a absurdly high variance. Not only do you have a wide array of possible foes, your own units get bonked with the RNG stick too(not all dresses are equal). But it's short, decently rewarding, and requires no gear. So unlike a normal map you could just throw 6 fresh hires in a new craft with no gear and still get a decent return. Downside is all in the RNG risk.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: January 16, 2021, 12:14:17 pm »
Next time smb asks you what to play and enjoy it 4 real, send 'em here. OMG, this sooo rocKS!
And yes,
ATTN: Nilex:
I use bows to a quite a success, you should try those too:)

All the best to all the bros and siss here!

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: January 16, 2021, 01:28:32 pm »
From what I observed Paty missions tend to produce a lot of glamor and are worth doing just for that. Also they are quite easy as long as you bring gals with decent unarmed melee capabilities.