aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1024504 times)

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2640 on: January 16, 2021, 07:17:02 pm »
The party is a mission with a absurdly high variance. Not only do you have a wide array of possible foes, your own units get bonked with the RNG stick too(not all dresses are equal). But it's short, decently rewarding, and requires no gear. So unlike a normal map you could just throw 6 fresh hires in a new craft with no gear and still get a decent return. Downside is all in the RNG risk.
Yeah but this is Year 3 and its the first time its come up. Also I sincerely think "Stealthy" gear should be available and it doesn't make sense for seasoned gals to go anywhere unarmed where they could get bagged.

Decent unarmed?
I had to bring Melee 120+ to survive. Thats not decent its mega tier.

And as for Glamour I lost 250 of it by starting a Glamour Recruitment and then cancelling. Thats a nasty oversight for Dioxine to fix on the refund (zero runt hours put into the proj, it was sitting off to the side). Didn't think resources were committed until at least 1 runt hour was put into it.
But other than White Dragon or Glamour Recruitment it doesn't look like Glamour is all that useful.

But about the signet rings I didn't know that. However I dont see how I can get the Wiz Biz bounty hunting connected because theres been zero options show up for it, ive never broken into Wiz Biz in any of my other playthroughs either. I didn't think it was an open tech branch at this point. Ive got the White Dragon guy as a contact but all he does is eat everyone else's tokens.

It seems the Silver Badge recently became available (B missions) but I haven't bought it yet because I havent done the Challenge mission, and all of those look like infiltration stuff I dont want to do (ill nevrr ve doing the ret dungeon).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:27:50 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 16, 2021, 10:35:26 pm »
Also cant find the Goblin Rokkits either.

Those stopped being a thing several versions ago, I guess no one found them useful.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 16, 2021, 10:49:04 pm »
snip
And as for Glamour I lost 250 of it by starting a Glamour Recruitment and then cancelling. Thats a nasty oversight for Dioxine to fix on the refund (zero runt hours put into the proj, it was sitting off to the side). Didn't think resources were committed until at least 1 runt hour was put into it.
But other than White Dragon or Glamour Recruitment it doesn't look like Glamour is all that useful.
snip
Not an oversight persay, just how the engine works. Every jobs resources for a single production run are committed(and lost if canceled) from the moment you put the job in the queue. You can make special protection on items to ensure refund, but then it always protects them from every job. So it works okay for tiny drill, but less well for a currency resource.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 17, 2021, 02:36:01 am »
per se
persay
I got close enuff, lol.

Anyway back to another question. In the mission where you are defending a fort against metric-ton of Deep Ones, when you are attacking an enemy with Blood Hound's Blood Bite (melee), the attack often fails because the game doesn't even acknowledge the enemy as being on adjacent square. Only if you wiggle around with your unit enough times to attack from a different square will it have a chance of succeeding. It totally messes with planning as one can imagine, where there is little room for error.

Is this a bug, engine limitation, or map oversight (Island terror map tileset)? Don't recall this particular attack failing anywhere else.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 18, 2021, 05:10:54 am »
Side effect of tall grass and short dog. All terrain even when you can walk on it is black body line of effect blocking.. And melee still checks for line of effect/fire. Also there is a hard coded(so far as i know) downward offset between where line of sight is drawn from, and line of effect is drawn from.

Don't stand in grass. life is easier.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 19, 2021, 08:09:33 pm »
How does the Fuel/Speed equation work?
Edit nevermind I figured it out.

But now im wondering why the UAC Plasma Gunn batteries are so damn hard to produce. Because im already making Plasma Blunderbuss and Plasma Castor ammo. Its not even on the missing facility list.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:38:48 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 21, 2021, 02:39:43 am »
How do we train bravery? I had 2 swabbies shoot  shoot each other and then patch each other, but all that they got was sickbay time;)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 21, 2021, 03:58:37 am »
It is difficult. Besides healing someone there are to more ways I know of that train it. First is as pilot(s) of a vessel. Only pilots of vessel which destroys actual enemy ship are eligible. Second is by using Wench of Seductress outfits during battles. The more times you use it the higher the chance for bravery increase. It's always a flat +10 when it occurs. My record is 6x +10 from a single battle but even 2x is pushing your luck.

Either way it a low chance of skill increase (only 10% if memory of vanilla mechanic serves me). You could savescum to somewhat streamline this otherwise tedious process (E key shows pilots' daily skill increases).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2648 on: January 21, 2021, 11:20:25 am »
While I've never tried that myself, the most popular method to train grind Bravery is to strip naked and get high on hallucinogenic grenades.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 21, 2021, 12:25:32 pm »
Heheh, TYVM, guys, that's just lovely:)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 21, 2021, 10:39:45 pm »
Um, is it just me, or the Alenium Chamber REALLY prevents the Hyper-wave Decoder from ID-ing the incoming ships?

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 22, 2021, 12:34:42 am »
Have you built both? Assuming you have then if the ship is unknown even when well inside HW range it must be a bug. Or at the very least an engine limitation which favors longer radar range info and doesn't update details of already spotted contact (if it did, it would happen every 1/2 hour). My guess is on engine. Perhaps if contact gets initially spotted within HW then it may display full info, not sure. Btw, I questioned myself if the same thing would happen but limited base area kinda forced me to abandon Alenium luxury. If your case is already known and unfixable then I'd wouldn't build one even if I had space.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 22, 2021, 04:45:59 am »
If you ID a ship with a non-hyperwave radar and then it wanders into hyperwave range, it won't update until the next half-hour and then you get the hyperwave info if the ship is still in hyperwave range.  At least that's how it works when shadowing with your ships, but I imagine the alenium radar should work the same.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:21 am »
Hm, and does the alenium radar ID the incoming as the HW Decoder does? If yes, then I keep just the alenium one. A pain to build.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 22, 2021, 11:28:36 am »
Sadly for all the massive radar range it has, the alenium chamber is itself not a hyperwave decoder.  You have to build both and settle on the fact that you won't identify the ship until it gets closer.