aliens

Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1033770 times)

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2520 on: November 08, 2020, 08:17:17 am »
How much do combat shields and combat shields improve resistances? and is there a cap?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 08, 2020, 11:04:48 pm »
Not sure what items you mean, but resistance items list there % modifier and maximum in there pedia entry. Format is: dmg type, resist%/maximum. As an example Riot shield has: Peirce 85/50. This means its modifies resist by .85% to maximum of 50 total resist.

Energy shields provide a pool of ablative hp with its own resists different from the base armor, resistances are based on color and the same for each example of the color, only size of hp pool and regen rate change.

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 11, 2020, 05:33:35 pm »
Guys maybe it is stupid question but what I did wrong?

I played on second difficulty, completed all missions, researched all new weapons and prisoners I got, also on 3rd month I hired 2 more scientists, then on 5th month i hired 5 more but i still did not get any cool stuff like good armor or new cars but it was all right I guess.

Every month I got like 2000-5000 points for completing all missions, but on 6th or 7th month I looked on my statistics screen and was like "WHAT ARE FFFFF IS THIS?!?!?"  - I got MINUS 1000 points!!! And after that my game very quickly ended.

Maybe I dont understand something but pls can somebody explain what i did wrong  or what to do right at least, cause I dont get it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2523 on: November 11, 2020, 05:49:43 pm »
Check your graphs - you probably have intense enemy activity somewhere beyond your radar ranges.

This is exactly what the graphs are for.

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 12, 2020, 12:39:42 am »
Uhm... okay... and how checking the graphs will help me? What I need to do after that?

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 12, 2020, 01:00:39 am »
Evenin', folks
Is there a way to stop those goddamn Sky Ninja (real Mindža they are) hack attacks that empty our coffers? A unique mission where you get there and it goes like Stalingrad? I mean, nothing against making stuff that sells well and keeping it aside to use exactly in such a case. But, y'know... I like plasma better. As if YOU don't huh? ;)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2526 on: November 12, 2020, 01:42:12 am »
The best option is to keep your money in chips or gold/silver bars.

Offline Alex the KatanaCutlass

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 12, 2020, 10:37:43 pm »
The best option is to keep your money in chips or gold/silver bars.
TYVM. Yes. Hm.. Wanna tell me that I should buy gold? Didn't pay attn if it sells for same coin as it buys... Yea, I'll do that... In kinda 5 mins;)

Stick to yer guns, Every1

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 12, 2020, 11:33:16 pm »
I recently had Brainers decide they weren't paid enough so they took additional 500k outta my bank. One of those scripted pop-up window events. If I had my cash stored in goods would it matter? Wouldn't I just go into negative -500k and be in debt? I'm kinda suspicions of the non-dollaros cash method. Not to mention initial unfavorable conversion rates. I just keep a solid chunk of backup money in the socks so the production doesn't come to a halt during such events. 500k was the largest hit thus far, previous were 100k on couple of occasions. basically half-a-mil is 2 days worth of X-Grog production with my ~500 runts give or take. Add loot into the mix and it's pocket change, not worth the hassle of inferior economy role play.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 13, 2020, 01:18:12 am »
Some of those events are probably scripted to happen more frequently, when you have a lot of cash in the bank, sounds like a perfect reasoning to keep cash in goods, gold and such.
Brainer one probably was "hidden" behind some research, or particular date.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 13, 2020, 08:07:22 am »
Uhm... okay... and how checking the graphs will help me? What I need to do after that?

Graphs of score update in real time and can be filtered by region, this lets you know where to look for the culprit. Usually its very slow moving and fairly easy targets.
I recently had Brainers decide they weren't paid enough so they took additional 500k outta my bank. One of those scripted pop-up window events. If I had my cash stored in goods would it matter? Wouldn't I just go into negative -500k and be in debt? I'm kinda suspicions of the non-dollaros cash method.
snip

Negative events will always cost the same amount regardless of funds to hand. However there are several events that key to how much you have in the bank so sitting on large some of cash just invites more losses. Keep in mind that events are rolled/picked at the start of the month, as such its entirely possible that you get multiple events that cost you cash and more then wipe out any cash you had. Trading in for goods not only keeps certain events out of the pool, but keeps a bad luck pileup from ending your run.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 13, 2020, 12:32:41 pm »
Gottcha, more happy hidden events. Well that's brutal, lol.
Sounds like a good idea to spend most of actual cash before the month rolls over then. Not like me - saving for 6x Hyper-Wave Decoders to build on the 1st to avoid maintenance bill. Although I hoard every unresearched dependency item since day-1. Probably 2x Old Earth Labs worth of stuff for which I have not discovered a purpose yet so I'm good.

@Yirtimd2
I toggle ON every button in graphs, zoom in, and cross reference zonal with country activity. Base presence usually trumps all other peaks as related nearby shipping also raise activity. I send a CONVOY to scout the area: from the Balkans it detected a base in Norway, so pretty large spotting radius. It needs to stay anchored for 2 hours to be able to detect it (from my tests).
Even so I don't think it was enemy base in your case. Seems too early too sudden, unless somehow the base was there for some time with frequent supply missions and whatnot. PIGEON's radar should be able to detect flybys with its huge radar. The only real early-game antidote, followed by CONVOY for the base (infinite fuel basically).
In these forums I also read about some mining ships that linger beyond your radar, land for eternity, and rape your score silently... Sounds like one (or more) of those. I shot down only a couple (I think it was them) in 10 months so far. Never seen a landed one. Maybe just lucky.
Prioritize new bases for continental radar coverage (overcharged radar is a Godsend). After that you can turtle up and play slowly at your own pace. I only check Graphs once a month now but make sure to shoot down every ship my SHARK JETBIKEs can dogfight and survive. Geoscape gets easier at least.

Offline Yirtimd2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48:45 pm »
Ok I will make new start and I will try to get airships as fast as possible to shot down those guys, thanks for advices guys.  ;D

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 25, 2020, 07:42:23 pm »
Does anyone know where I can find Old Versions of XPiratez?
Like for example versions back to B or C or D.

Mainly asking because of Android usage and wanting to play it through without the power features being as much of a necessity. Ive got a phone that will play the modern version but the game has gotten alot more complex and harder to play from a touchscreen. I just want the overall experience.

Offline corisco

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 27, 2020, 12:50:04 am »
How can I access the "DIsruptive Transmissions" quests?